Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I'm going to miss Factory Worker, that was my favorite KF1 model. I played Support a lot so it felt fitting to have a welding mask for all the welding I was doing.

With KF2 and all of the skins and cosmetics though they could add them back with style as a generic jumpsuit-wearing Horizine Employee and have skins and hats for different Horizine jobs. The classic factory worker jumpsuit skin and the welding mask, a viscera cleanup janitor with a bloodstained jumpsuit and splatter-guard mask, maybe an arctic outpost employee with a snow mask or generic maintenance dude or lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I wouldn't be opposed if KF2 decided they wanted to have the Hotline Miami character DLC like Payday has, though.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The issue with medic guns running out of ammo is that it is pretty hard to tap-fire out only one shot and you can very easily use 2-3 for a headshot and end up wasting ammo that way. If you're really quick with your clicks you can just fire off one shot and save ammo.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

How to avoid getting banned:

Step 1: Don't be an rear end in a top hat.
Step 2:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Want to try something fun? Start up a solo game on HoE with your low level perks and just try to survive.

They never stop sprinting. They're like a horde from Left 4 Dead. :stonk:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Right now you can simply open up the included KF2 maps in the SDK and learn a lot about how the official maps are designed.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I was thinking about bosses.

Right now we have Hans who is a constant close-range fight that requires constant movement.
The Patriarch, if much like KF1, is a boss that encourages finding a defensible location and unloading on him to force him to retreat and heal.
I have no idea how the rumored Matriarch would play like.

I think it could be really neat to have a new type of boss that requires a different method to defeat. Instead of a boss that relentlessly attacked players, what about a boss that required players to be the aggressors? Instead of finding -that- room where you can easily defend and dodge the boss, players would instead be forced to constantly move in pursuit of the boss. Perhaps a boss that would cause waves of enemies to spawn to attack players and defend itself? Maybe the boss would spawn enemies and run to a far corner of the map requiring players to push through the waves of Zeds and damage the boss before they get completely overwhelmed?

I could see it switching up the usefulness of classes a bit. Shotguns wouldn't be quite the end-all when the boss is always trying to keep away, and trash-killing classes would find themselves more useful than they usually feel during a boss.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Peewi posted:

So, with the medic's Enforcer skill, you can get more ammo from pickups than you can buy. This messes with the ammo prices in the shop.

I had this happen on Support once too.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
KF1 is still a great game. The graphics are dated but the gameplay is really solid and at this point it has tons and tons of content right from the start.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Oh man is that a keyboard macro to spam the dosh key? I know what I'm doing later.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I always play with a good medic so whenever someone dies it's because you took a whole ton of damage really, really quickly like getting eiffel tower'd by scrakes or eating some boss grenades. Having 50% more base health to increase that margin is a real life saver.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I saw a Husk and FP get into a brawl after a friendly fire (:haw:) incident. The Husk won.

Also a new special ability should go to the Bloat: If it is up some stairs from a target it will just drop and roll all the way down, bowling over enemies and players alike. If they're up way higher they'll belly flop down into the ground and explode bile over everything.

I could've swore I've seen Gorefasts damage nearby enemies while swinging their swords around, it should happen more often and do more damage. Gorefasts don't give a gently caress.

My opinion re: Clot grab. Right now the game constantly re-centers your aim around the Clot that is grabbing you. It should swing the aim only toward the clot only once, but then simply make your aim sway around until the clot is killed. This would allow you to temporarily ignore the clot and fire at a more dangerous target but it will throw your aim off.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Got Clot-Grabbed through a door. GG

I've been puked on through a door.

Doors UP.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I had an idea regarding doors:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Ramsus posted:

Not bad. But I'd reverse the colors and make blue safe and red the danger zone

That was what I was trying to show. The length of the weld currently shows how much health the weld has. I was trying to show that the color of the weld indicated how far the door was from being blown off the hinge since doors now have a second health bar.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Welding doors is a trap in KF2, it actively works against you. A welded door becomes a ticking time bomb that will pop seemingly at random and dump a bunch of zeds right into the middle of your group. Attempting to use welds in any defense is just a bad idea and the group I play with never welds doors or holds out in areas that would require doors to defend. Some of the maps are becoming a bit stale because there will be only one or two areas worth defending, if you could actually rely on welding it would at least open up options. In KF1 you could keep doors up forever but it came at the cost of dedicating one or more players to welding. It was a trade that teams could make, a more defensible location at the expense of less firepower mowing down zeds.

I hope they reconsider the door health mechanic during early access. I would suggest:
- Doors lose the second health bar
- Destroyed doors never respawn.
- Severely damaged doors, if unwelded, become very slow to open and close.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
You should be able to parry Han's machine guns if you spam the parry key really quickly.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Some of the Zed time perks are awful, plain awful.

That Commando perk that lets you fire at normal speed during slow mo though? Holy poo poo.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've wondered if they've considered making some talent strengths tied to your level instead of being a flat bonus and allowing to really tweak your class. Some of the level 5/10 talents really suck and I think that is because they don't want to make them so powerful at a low level.

For example with Medic's Healing Surge talent that increases health by 20% could instead increase health by 10% + 1% * level for a talent that is a little less powerful to start but grows with the perk as you gain levels and gives you better bonuses as you move into the higher difficulties.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Killing Floor 2 update 1007 patch notes

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

So that's why the Mossberg shots kept not registering for me.

I was noticing the same issue, especially with Gorefasts which always seemed to survive point blank shotgun blasts to the face.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Do healing darts stack and if so how? I don't know if I'm wasting darts by hitting the same person with two or three in a row. They don't SEEM to stack in intensity, but do they stack in healing duration?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah the reload mechanics are really bad right now on Support. Not being able to cancel in the middle of reloads on the pump, or auto-reloading with the double barrel. I hope they get fixed soon.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah, I've seen the scoreboard do all sorts of weird things like duplicating avatars, missing players, showing players that were no longer in the game, or showing a living player as dead.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The enemy teleporting is really, really aggressive.

I played a solo game today. Last enemy was a Husk. I ran outside of the hotel to escape him shooting at me, he then walks out of the cafe across the street seconds later.

What the hell? Enemies can be out of sight for as little as a few seconds and then teleport ahead of you.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Some perks are just weird such as the choice between the two Support ammo perks. One extra reload for one player (yourself) or one extra reload for five players? It's a non choice. If you're grouped up with one other Supplier Support then you both get the same benefit as if you both took 20% extra ammo, but your teammates get two extra reloads. There is no reason to take the 20% extra ammo. If the ammo perk was a larger benefit like 100% more ammo then you'd suddenly be making serious choices. Do you take double ammo and know you have enough AA12 ammo to deal with all of the Fleshpounds you're running into, or do you take Supplier and give 5 whole reloads out to your teammates and make sure your team is stocked with all of the ammo and grenades they're going to need?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
What if the Commando Nightvision was replaced with a talent that allowed teammates to see the health bars that you see?

Level 5 would then give you the choice between revealing stalkers or showing health bars, both of which is useful information for the team to have.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
There was a post on the Tripwire forums with a tutorial on how to import brushes from a KF1 map into a KF2 map and then scale them up to the proper scale. It just results in untextured brushes without any entities so you'll pretty much be starting scratch but at least you'd have the backbone of your map.

I've played around with the KF2 editor a bit and it works a bit different than the editors I've used in the past. I'd like to learn Unreal Engine though so this seems like as good a place as any. KF2's official maps don't seem to use any BSP brushes at all, everything is made of static meshes. They're not all very modular either, some rooms are made out of massive purpose-built meshes. It seems like you'll be really limited in how well you can make a map if you don't also know Maya or some other 3d software.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Theta Zero posted:

There's something telling about this.

Game needs more female characters and more skin variations for everyone.

And Factory Worker, obviously.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've noticed a little pop-in, especially on Outpost. Opening a door or turning a corner quickly will occasionally show the skybox for a frame or two before the meshes load in. Outpost is probably the most noticeable since the sky is white and the majority of the level is very dark. Sometimes it will even happen with zeds spawning in a quarter second after I peek around a corner but I can't tell if those are render issues, connection issues, or aggressive zed teleport issues.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
GUYS, WHEN IS KF2 EARLY ACCESS COMING OUT? THIS GAME IS VAPORWARE.

KF2 early access is released.

GUYS, KF2 EARLY ACCESS HASN'T BEEN UPDATED IN LIKE THREE WEEKS! I'M BORED! DEAD GAME!

I really don't know what people expect these days. I guess I can kinda understand some of the kids complaining about these things, like those who were 10 years old when Starbound was announced and now they're like 14 and have been waiting for a game for like a third of their time on this planet. All of these early access games, each launching at different stages of development from pre-alpha to final bug fixing have given people a really warped sense of how long it actually takes to develop games, especially at a professional level.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Volter Manor and two classic characters coming out today.

Sounds like Healing Grenades with the armor perk just got nerfed.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Could you imagine if that was a feature? The trader doors open when there are only a couple enemies left and it doesn't tell you how many are still alive. Groups splitting up to take the fastest route and then making GBS threads themselves when they run into something really nasty.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Nobody knows yet. Borderlands 2 had some nVidia physx goop for blood and goop barrels and they loving murdered the framerate. Granted that was an older game, older implementation, and older graphics card, but I would expect that the new physx gore will come at a noticeable frame rate premium.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
PAX is two weeks away, I imagine they may push the update out around then. I don't know if they have a booth this year or not, though.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
During the PAX panel Tripwire said that the Microwave swelling effect was created during early development where they just swelled up a clot before they had a bloat model in-game, then they thought that they needed to find a way to use the effect.

The majority of the community questions during the panel were about stuff that hadn't even been revealed yet and Tripwire obviously couldn't comment on, but their answer to a question about having multiple bosses was simply "You won't be disappointed."

They also talked a little bit about the workshop support they have coming. They'll be doing a curated workshop for cosmetics like TF2 with the community voting on what makes it to the game and creators getting a cut of profits. At the time they mentioned character cosmetics like masks along with weapon skins. I also talked with one of the developers after the panel about the weapon skins and they should stick with the weapon, so if you toss someone a weapon they'll see your skin, and people will have a hard time lying about picking up your weapon when they have your bright yellow AA12.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've found it fun to just boot up solo Suicidal/HoE and just see how far I can get on my low level perks. It's really fun and you get XP fast in your really brief life. Plus as you adjust to the really quick zeds you'll find yourself having an easier time on Normal and Hard where the zeds suddenly feel like they're moving in slow motion.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
You may want to look into My Documents\My Games\Killing Floor 2\.

Maybe one of the configuration files there got corrupted somehow. Unless you use the SDK I think you can just wipe the folder completely and all you'll lose is your configuration and key binds.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The fact that the KF1 Trader is not a playable character in this game is a crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I don't know, I really want a yellow AA-12.