Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

UltraVariant posted:

If I don't get D.A.R. in KF2 I may be sad. I've basically played all 132 hours of mine in KF1 as him.

Yeah but the best part about him won't be in KF2 sadly. Using the Insult Players voice command to repeatedly make farting sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is there something I am missing or can you not set a favorite server by IP in the server browser? I have a server I'm using but I can't seem to figure out how to actually connect to it in game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

UDK is just like riding a bike.

This is the first game ever I've wanted to map for. Is there any kind of resources online for someone completely new to mapping to get an understanding of mapping for unreal?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like that there's a sign in BioLabs telling people not to swim in the Clot Mother tank because the liquid in it is not water :gonk:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best thing about props is watching a charging Scrake or Fleahpound break through tables and desks to get to someone

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kinda disappointed by the soundtrack you can get. It only has the vocal tracks, none of the just instrumental tracks and it doesn't even have all the songs on it. I tried finding "Creeping Zed" and the soundtrack doesn't have it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

clockworkjoe posted:

What does support penetration actually mean? It goes over 100% so do you do more damage after the pellets go through an enemy or does it mean you can go through more than one target? I.E at 200% it can go through 2 zeds at full damage or something like that.

It means going through multiple zeds. So a high level Support can use the alt fire on the double barrel and just completely smear zeds down a hallway

Also people need to use grenades more in this game cause the slowmotion gib rain is breathtaking

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 25, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Mostly just movement speed and pattern, from what I can tell. Cysts shamble very slowly and upright, making them easy to evade and shoot. Clots are pretty similar, but their powerwalk is a tad faster. Slashers move the fastest, and more importantly are bent forward and twitch around erratically in a way that makes hitting their heads a fair bit more difficult.

The Slasher will also break into a sprint after getting damaged but not killed and doesn't spawn in groups like every other zed from what I've seen. Slashers seem to spawn away from everything and have a habit of ending up behind players to catch them by surprise

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Broose posted:

I've noticed bundles of 5 slashers in hard games. Or was it suicidal? I can't remember, but only noticing a lot less cysts compared to normal. Could just have luck of the draw however.

Oh no they'll spawn in groups of themselves but you unless their pathing ends up putting them with other zeds you won't have, say, a group of gorefasts and slashers or bloats and slashers like you do with clots and cysts. They spawn only with other slashers and away from other spawning zed groups. If you find yourself wandering around alone you'll often run into slashers off in some empty part of the map because of that. They like getting the drop on players

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Geight posted:

Tripwire has amended their EULA to clarify that all KF2 mods must be distributed for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpz3abAk98

I like that clots and clot variants make you turn to face them when you're grabed now. In KF1 getting grabbed wasn't that big of a deal but ignoring a group of clots focusing on a flesh bound and suddenly turning to face some clots makes them much more dangerous than before

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So after playing I realized something. It's small but didn't the meat system have gibs and soft bodies/rag dolls thats reacted to players? I recall in one of the dev videos they showed chunks of guts and brains that could be kicked around by the player along with rag dolls but I have yet to see any soft body gibs like that and bodies don't react to players at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J4F9xe8g

EDIT: Oh wait seems the full M.E.A.T. system isn't implemented yet according to one dev

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 26, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The fact you missed your double barrel shot is the entire purpose of the Clot's auto focus. Getting grabbed by a Clot actually means something now so if you let on get that close that's the punishment and if was an option everyone would turn it off since it'd give an advantage. It would be like Bloat bile blinding being on a player controlled toggle

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Still not there, but how good/bad is the health regen perk for support?

There will always be a medic on your squad so really it's not all that great and because of that by default whatever the opposite perk is will always be better

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So hey if you're low on health and think you can stand behind a welded door when a Scrake is after you it's not the best idea

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Also learned that Scrakes will run over lesser zeds in charge mode. The poor cyst didn't have a chance

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I kinda feel like FleshPounds need to be tweaked upward. In KF1 seeing that red light appear on his chest was an oh poo poo moment but he does it so often in KF2 it doesn't mean much and even when he rages his damage is still pretty meh. Scrakes are much more of a threat so far compared to FleshPounds

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm running 8 gb ram, i5 2500k, and a gtx 970 but when I crank up body count my fps starts dropping pretty hard :sigh: I am running everything maxed though

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So with my computer specs I'm kinda surprised I get dips into the upper 40s/low 50s FPS when action gets intense on all settings maxed. I have a gtx 970, a i5 2500 k, and 8 GBs ram. Is a 970 really not able to handle this game fully maxed out or is it time to get a new processor and more ram and I should be good?

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 29, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You also need to get good with tells of attacks. Gorefasts have a bunch of different attack animations when I tried it and it was hard to know when to block. it was basically like playing Punch Out but with zombies

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I feel like Night Vision will be a waste unless there are maps we haven't seen yet that have a lot of breakable lights or is just very dark to begin with. So when you end up on such a map you have to actually make a sense if you want to be able to see easily or use a different perk. It's gonna be a very map dependent perk

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FaustianQ posted:

Is it even possible to kill Hans prior to his regen stage?

After a certain amount of damage he goes into hunt mode. None of the classes right now really have the spike damage to kill him before he hits that point. After he goes into hunt mode he gets reduced damage until he grabs someone. Whether you let him go through all three stages or refuse to let him catch someone in hunt mode it boils down to the same amount of damage to kill him so unless you're playing with an oraginzed team all on mics its easy to just let him get someone and heal them

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I could easily see a colab. Payday 2 gets some Zed based patterns and masks along with a Horzine heist map like the Left 4 Dead No Mercy one from PayDay 1. KF2 would probably get the PayDay crew as skins and probably a map based in First World Bank or themed around it like the KF1 Portal map

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Borderlands 2 required a pretty expensive card when it came out to run PhysX on max. If you could do that, the game became a laser light show of goo and explosion particles to the point that it could interfere with your ability to see what was going on.

The PhysX and game are also pretty poorly optimized. On a 970 you still get plenty of frame rate drops even without PhysX stuff

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So how is the new flex/gore system in the beta? Is it worth turning on? My last experience with it was Borederlands 2 and I remember it being meh but utterly destroying FPS

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The gunslinger level 20 perk will let you :ocelot: at one Zed and can only be active on one Zed at a time. The Zed you :ocelot: at will receive extra damage from your perk weapons and your character will talk about their love for reloading while they shoot at the marked Zed

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

MadBimber posted:

I was playing on a custom map server the other day, got voted into a new map. Oh great, it's a trainer map. Well, maybe I can gently caress with the guys trying to level. I'll just explore it a bit and...

:wtc:

This is all I can see looking at those

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only real thing I'm disappointed with in regards to KF2 is that the Martial Artist class will not allow you to Fist of the Northstar zeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Skoll posted:

Sirens are so much more deadly now, I don't actually mind that.

Where they've gone from something that just my screen wobbly to an actual threat I'll prioritize before they get close