Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The mayhem has that special something that makes it super sweet. Seeing a scrake charge out of a building through a pile of dead zeds in slowmo is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

so apparantly someone just released a modification for Killing Floor 1 that replaces the KF1 music with KF2 music. It's up in the steam workshop from what I can tell. If the new music is, well, new then isn't this sort of a problematic thing legal-wise? Unless tripwire is cool with it of course.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Some dumb idiot posted:

It doesn't actually add the songs iirc, you have to get them from a separate place and install them to the folders it DOES add.

There's been a Hotline Miami soundmod on the Workshop for months now which is basically the same thing.

It says on the page that after subscribing and letting KF download there will be a zip file with the tracks in it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

echronorian posted:

Ya, I get that, it's all over the OP? I thought this was the Killing Floor 2 thread, not the Killing Floor 2 PC early access thread.

What are you even getting at over here. The game's are going to be very similar and more is simply not known at this point iirc.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

khy posted:

The OP doesn't have enough information for me.

I never played killing floor, so I don't know what a 'suped-up' version of it is. Is this a PvP game? PvE? Is it akin to Left 4 Dead only with classes and more sci-fi?

Please educate me.

It's a wave-based co-op game where a team of 6 people using a combination of 10(right now there are only 4) classes that they call Perks. You and the team need to find strategic places in the roomie maps and hold the fort, braving the storm of zeds until the wave is over. You gain money through murder, which you use in the small pauses inbetween waves to restock and upgrade your kit at a trader pod. Naturally each new wave is more intense than the last, bringing more danger and more money. If everything goes well then by the end of it everyone is fully stocked with the ultimate poo poo and you're ready for the final wave which will be a boss fight with some monster. Right now that monster is a 100 year old nazi scientist kept alive through irresponsible biotech usage.

The reason this is so drat addictive is because the core gameplay is just so meaty and visceral. That last bit is hard to explain and I really recommend you watch some video's of competent players going to town.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Define cancel? If you're in the middle of putting a clip in a gun you can switch away to another one if you want. The first gun won't be loaded though. Don't know if that's what you mean though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

DatonKallandor posted:

And there's a berserker tagged Shotgun that can turn into a semi-auto rifle at the push of a button. Which is fantastic for a Support, because it's a rifle and shotgun in one that also gets you berserker XP while still using your support passive. And the semi-auto mode also has the penetration from Support passives from what I've seen.

Berserker xp while using support passive? I thought the rule was you either use the weapon meant for your class and get xp for the kills or you use whatever you wan't and get no xp whatsoever from the zedkills. Since the nailgun is for the zerker the zerker is the only one that can get xp with it. That's how I understood it at least.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I wonder if steam will treat this as a different title on the technical level. Nothing a copy paste wouldn't fix but definitely something to keep an eye on.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I think I'll have to make a minor tweak to my config. I could get 60 fps most of the time on full ultra, but it would dip. I wonder which single setting would give the best boost if taken down a notch. I'm on a i5-2500k with a r9 270 and don't know what is bottlenecking it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Gah I am trying to heal people but everyone just scrambles in random directions and I'm the loving medic yet I have the highest kill count and the team can't take down things fast enough so the scrakes and fp's are increasing in number and everyone is going :supaburn: . Stop running you fuckers.

PUBBIES :argh:

Seriously though it is fun seeing the new people trying to get a grip on things. They freak out so easily and do silly things like seeing Hans' green clouds from 20 meters away and sprinting straight into it. At 10 hp :allears:.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

People were super positive in the beta. The EA is the beta. So yeah.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

lovely Wizard posted:

What's the counter to x # of assholes reporting you for no reason if they automate this and you getting suspended from the game itself if that sort of system is how they deal with this?

Since the EULA is pretty vague on actual enforcement.

Automated reports that no one checks and can get you permabanned if enough stream in. Are you seriously worried this will happen?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Med shotgun is nice but it's not the best thing in the game. Support's the shottie class above all else make no mistake.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Does anyone know what the variable frame rate tickbox is supposed to do? If I vsync it shouldn't go above 60 anyway.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

widespread posted:

Bought the game. Did solo stuff. Got murderfucked by Scrakes jesus christ. Is there any XP penalty for going onto Beginner mode? Because yeah, Normal Short games still feel hard. Or should I just go onto servers because co-op is a near-must?

Also, the Kalashnikov. Does it really have a low ammo pool or am I just dirt poor after I buy it?

It is meant for 6 people. Yeah it lets you go off line but that is not what KF is about.

Red Mundus posted:

Medic guns look like Nerf guns and I always get the medic shotgun and assault rifle confused because they kind of look the same in first person.

Is there a reason to go from medic SMG to assault rifle. The SMG seems better in almost every way.

The medic smg is great at taking cleanly the head of the three clots, gorefast, stalker and crawler. Past that point it is piss but the fact it can do that with nice accuracy is a reason to have it. Past that though it is all about the shotgun and the assault rifle. And the most important reason: higher tier weapons have better syringe reload speed. The assault rifle is thus the best healing gun. You can seriously throw a ton of darts out and it makes a big difference during the boss.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 22, 2015

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Crabtree posted:

Wait, they're going to reset levels during and after EA?

During EA yes. Not sure why you'd believe it would happen after the full thing got released though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Another minor QoL thing would be to get crouch and ads on classic hold-to-use instead of a toggle. Maybe you can already do it but I didn't find the option.

E: regarding money, get usef to places where things spawn. Bringing additional shovels and assault rifles to the trader can add up quickly. Do you use a lot of nades early? If not, don't buy them since each ammo box contains one so you will be stocked by the time you use them. Be critical in the same way regarding ammo IF it is early in the match and you have a good idea how much you use.

And, of course, shoot dem zeds real good. Nothing beats that. Remember you don't need the kill, if you contributed a lot to a takedown you will get your fair share.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 23, 2015

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dezztroy posted:

I think it'd be cool if the medic guns' lights gradually changed color to reflect their charge status. Blue at 100, red at 0.

Am I the only one who completely skips the SMG and often skips the shotgun as Medic? The AR is just so much better than both of them that getting it by wave 3 is the best thing. (I of course get the shotgun after the AR once I can afford it)

As a medic you will never be the best scrake slayer or what have you. So you could wait and get a gun with 30 rounds in a mag with a bit of recoil and decent accuracy that can pop heads of the basic zeds in one shot, or you get the cheaper/earlier gun with 40 rounds in a mag with no recoil worth mentioning and really great accuracy that can pop heads of the basic zeds in one shot. Which you can get earlier and thus make more money earlier and easier. Then get the shotgun so you can be scrake slayer assistant. Then switch the smg for the AR for the boss since the AR heals way better and the smg is utter poo poo against bigger targets.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Medic pistol is a sweet addition you can almost always squeeze into a loadout. It's so good both for topping someone of as well as a great secondary pistol.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

That's correct.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I'm not sure where I stand on it because yes sure it's annoying but I'm often busy ruining a zeds day and this pretty much forces me to autoheadshot it. It's often over before I know what happened. But in that case what's the point?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

After a couple rounds I sometimes get this odd bug where disco flashes start throwing about. It's not the card overheating/failing because it happens in a way that suggests it is the engine that has the issue. The lights that pop in for a sec can have any color of the rainbow and will properly reflect off whatever they are shining on. This is on a r9 270 with an 2500K.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

May not be overheating but that is DEFINITELY gpu artifacting. Latest drivers, etc.?

I know what artifacting looks like and this just isn't it. This isn't the entire image loving up. The in world lighting goes bonkers.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Once a support hits level 2+ there are few things more satisfying than firing the aa12 in slowmo in a bottleneck with 10+ zeds.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

RoadCrewWorker posted:

You sure? While the framebuffer can be very obviously affected by corrupted memory, textures, geometry, character animation matrix stacks and in-world light data like positions or colors all reside in the gpu memory, so if that starts getting wonky due to heat or other restrictions (like some intel HD 4000 videos posted here) you'll see artifacts show up in one or more of those, some more noticeable than others.

In any case send a bug report with screenshots to the devs, i'm sure they know much better where the point of failure might be if it's a problem with the game.

Yeah I'll look into sending a report. I'm going to keep dxtory on standby for this as well. Maybe it can be captured

I see your point regarding the technical details, too. I figured that the odd lighting was too logical in the way it actually properly respected surfaces and shadows and the artifacting I'm used to doesn't give two shits about anything. Guess that isn't enough to rule it out.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Broose posted:

This is exactly what is happening to me as well. It got really bad when Hans showed up and started tossing grenades one time, but I just assumed it was just chance since it was already happening before the boss wave. I have a 7870.

So far it appears to be an ati thing. Last official driver release is still from 2014. There are more recent betas but the notes did not mention KF.

Good to see my card is most likely not dying though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I think the HE nades from support have solid range but less power. Good for the small fry.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Not sure if that can be called an oversight or a "well poo poo they got to that point a bit faster than we thought" moment. Could be either!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Apparantly some ppl have created 30 player servers and as it turns out scrakes literally dominate the field what with the scaling. :shepface:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Deakul posted:

Devs please don't bloat the game with poo poo like TF2 with the hats and accessories.

that is all

Good luck with this! It's probably going to be the opposite of what you want.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Video game developers are perfect ascended beings who are incapable of ever making assumptions like "yes, our playerbase will find this feature useful instead of annoying."

Having negative outcomes to certain actions is a staple way of making players realise they have to watch out for poo poo. Don't stand in the gas, don't get cornered, do not let clots grab you etc.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So hey if you're low on health and think you can stand behind a welded door when a Scrake is after you it's not the best idea

Ahahaha pro click right here. That was beautiful.

Regarding the vertical teleporting: a minor windup animation and a slightly slower rising speed could easily turn the really jarring teleport into a really powerful jump. That would not only look way less jarring but it would allow the players to get a short hint that it is about to happen.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

QwertySanchez posted:

It's nice to see to know it's technically possible, but whenever I see videos like that I'm never really impressed. Lets see it go that smoothly when there's crawlers and sirens and clots running around and garbage cans and fences to get in your way.

That said, there's custom maps already?? Are they on the tripwire forum or am I going to have to go searching?

I'm not sure why being impressed even matters. I now know how one could dodge that attack easily and that's pretty much the purpose of that video so it worked.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I've checked a couple of times now and there might be a slight difference in zed health between difficulties after all. If, with 6 people, the medic smg pops heads of the regular zeds on normal difficulty then this should be the same on all difficulty levels but that does not happen. Makes me wonder what actually is going on here.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Mexicat posted:

I'm already getting bored of KF2. They should be pushing out the other classes already.

Yeah lets rush poo poo out and gently caress everything up!

For all we know they're in the middle of building the 24 weapons. I don't think that's done in a week.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Antares posted:

Can you not unlock everything through SAM like KF1?

I don't think you get levels through achievements in this game.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I think that's the first time I've seen the scrake clearly without the faceplate. Usually when that thing blows off the scrake loses a bit more than just that.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Whale Cancer posted:

I want to start recording gameplay, is fraps the best option?

Alternatively if you got ATI then you should look into dxtory. There is a freeware driver that allows you to tap into the same hardware that enables Shadowplay for nvidea. I just can't recall the first ati card that had the hardware for it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I know of raptr's software for ATI cards. Thing is it's far from fool proof. It doesn't seem to let you record whatever game you want to attempt a recording for, it needs to be on the list and detected. On top of that it seemed crash prone if you turned on recording.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

Just because you had the autism to grind it out the slow way doesn't mean you got skill along with it mate.

I'm trying to decide if Skully is worth the 10 bucks for the special edition upgrade, ugh.

It's not a guarantee, but the additional experience can make a difference vs someone who just hops into HoE with a lvl 25 after a single day.