Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Wales Grey posted:

One thing I've never really understood is why Zed Time isn't a player resource usable at will that refills as you do stylish things to kill specimens.

Due to the nature of time manipulation, it needs to happen to everyone at the same time. So who gets to push the button? Everyone? A designated team leader? It would be messy either way. Either people will yell at one guy to stop being a moron and push button, or everyone will bitch at little Timmy wastes the resource on a single clot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Skoll posted:

KF 1 had them hidden in spots in the ceilings and outside the map...

How the hell were you supposed to figure that out mid-game, let alone get to them?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I thought one of the perks will be the Gunslinger so my guess is a lot of people are already expecting it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Maybe the thought was simply "well you're just slicing the face and the zeds don't really give a gently caress about that" and they called it a day. :v:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Why can it not run off a solution that isn't tied to a particular company? There's some solid ati cards out, would they have issues with this where the nvidia equivalent would not?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

You can get a card that runs PhysX a year or more ago for a couple of hundred dollars. That is and has always been what a good price-to-performance card costs. You have never needed to spend more than that, this isn't a feature where you're spending more than anyone else who wants a machine that can play Killing Floor 2. If your Nvidia card is too lovely to run PhysX then you need to upgrade because you are probably hurting in a lot of other areas too.

I think this and Borderlands 2 are the only two games with significant PhysX that I can think of. Metro has some too. It's a cool feature because it makes the physics more monkeycheese, which is good in a game that is basically Dead Alive: The Movie: The Game.

Or you have the ati equivalent, which runs fine in most cases minus physx, thus they would spend more than others if they want to make the jump. I'm not sure why your reasoning ignores ati users, unless that's :thejoke:.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Azran posted:

I can kinda see them adding Dragon and SWAT next, if only because Gunslinger and Sharpshooter together are thematic but not THAT different from the rest of the classes already in (in the sense that they use conventional firearms instead of flame, explosive and melee weapons)

The playstyles couldn't be further apart though. At least that's what the names of the perks suggests. The skills/passives will have a lot of impact so at this point we just don't know I guess.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Quoting a TW employee from the official forums:

:cry:

Makes perfect sense though :confused:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Smart aggression seems like its the way to go. It appears to make it less likely that hans will stick to one target. Pubbies have a tendency to just scooby doo the gently caress away once hans goes for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if it's either nothing or something minor. Lots of stuff left to make and creating assets only becomes more expensive as tech level increases.