Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Did that really start with a rape scene.
I thought this series was gonna be light-hearted.

Couldnt care less about these high schoolers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Did that really start with a rape scene.
I thought this series was gonna be light-hearted.

Couldnt care less about these high schoolers.

I'm choosing to believe that she stopped them just before.

Trigger, guys. Settle down with all the rape.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Zeruel posted:

Trigger, guys. Settle down with all the rape.

Trigger didn't write it, blame those two Americans who probably aren't real. Or the translators. Probably the translators.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 2, 2015

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Silentman0 posted:

Trigger didn't write it, blame those two Americans who probably aren't real. Or the translators. Probably the translators.

What do you mean probably aren't real? Read this poo poo. What doesn't sound real about them?

(Also clicking Novel gets you to English versions of those.)

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

What do you mean probably aren't real? Read this poo poo. What doesn't sound real about them?

(Also clicking Novel gets you to English versions of those.)

Oh, Morzez likes apple pie? Well, he has to be real, then.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I couldn't decide between these or the ramen explosion. The artifacts won me over, though.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ninja slaiyer is the best anime I've seen since inferno cop

the novel had some pretty choice lines that couldn't make it into the adaptation due to what they were though :(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This show has great EDs.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://pastebin.com/UWED25qx

Translated interview with Imaishi on Ninja Slayer

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

"Almost all of our workload is character designs and we're proud as hell."

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Starting next week, you can get your YEEARTs in English if that's your thing.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

If they ham it the gently caress up, going full "DOMO, I AM NINJA-SLAYER." It could be really good.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

They're getting a lot better at hiding their cut-outs, especially in the newest episode. I'm actually wondering if it was actually a time thing rather than it solely being because it's funny.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Silentman0 posted:

They're getting a lot better at hiding their cut-outs, especially in the newest episode. I'm actually wondering if it was actually a time thing rather than it solely being because it's funny.

Usually it's the last episodes of a show that have cuts like that, so who knows.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Is it just me, or did this one fella look a lot like the cover to In the Court of the Crimson King?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This episode was from the point of view of a non-ninja, so obviously only ninja have the ability to see in cutout-vision.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Anyone who doesn't like this show must have their karate broken and be sent to jigoku-hell. Buddha gently caress.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Ninja Slayer-san really works best as a supplement and a capstone to the new characters of the week.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
This is the world of true ninjas! :allears:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Ninja fighting goes from stylized animation to cardboard cutouts and back. The "real" world (Koki and her friends) has regular animation, and only when she embraces her ninja side in full does she become a cutout. The ninja world seen by Shigaki is flashes of ink painting, contrasting with the distorted cartoony view of his regular life.

I don't buy that they were forced into Inferno Cop style because of budget. Trigger deliberately wanted to do this.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Ninja Slayer is going to be voiced by Vegeta.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Traveller posted:

Ninja fighting goes from stylized animation to cardboard cutouts and back. The "real" world (Koki and her friends) has regular animation, and only when she embraces her ninja side in full does she become a cutout. The ninja world seen by Shigaki is flashes of ink painting, contrasting with the distorted cartoony view of his regular life.

I don't buy that they were forced into Inferno Cop style because of budget. Trigger deliberately wanted to do this.

Trigger wants to comment on people's perceptions of a concept? Sounds good to me. If they somehow manage to shoehorn in an engaging rant like Hatoko's I'll be applauding so hard my hands would fly off.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

:tviv:

That's incredible.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpMIZj0xbA
Domo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I went back and watched the first episode and yea, when I said earlier in the thread about there being some budget reason for how everything looks? Totally wrong, this is 100% intentional and it rules. Looking forward to the dub.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

DOMO.
http://a.pomf.se/ecewmm.mp4
(For those of us who can't view it in our respective countries)
Vegeta's YEEARTS are on point

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Traveller posted:

this is a really good parody of the typical trigger/old Gainax fan, bravo on your biting and on-point satire :cheers:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Zeruel posted:

DOMO.
http://a.pomf.se/ecewmm.mp4
(For those of us who can't view it in our respective countries)
Vegeta's YEEARTS are on point

quote:

I don't want to die
I'd do almost anything
To keep on living

Magnificent.

Broniki posted:

this is a really good parody of the typical trigger/old Gainax fan, bravo on your biting and on-point satire :cheers:

AIEEEEEE

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is a cool series for cool people who like ninjas being slain. Also it made me remember the old Real Ultimate Power ninja meme for the first time since high school.

This is the first dub in like 10+ years I've heard and thought was good.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

http://pastebin.com/UWED25qx

Translated interview with Imaishi on Ninja Slayer

quote:

- Do you have any favorite Ninsatsu language words?
Imaishi: these are very common, but I believe it's "Yeeart!" and "Gwah!" that everyone shouts out in fights. It's great that they always express the feelings that the characters have in a fight.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

She has an ample bosom.

edit: Oh my god the BD jacket is amazing.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 21, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Of all the things to note in this episode, I liked Hugeshuriken the most.

It's very satisfying to look at a character and think "Yep. That name is completely perfect."

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I was almost going to miss the beautiful, beautiful cardboard, then this episode paid off in spades.

Also the only animated things were the anime girl and her bust. Priorities!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I was almost going to miss the beautiful, beautiful cardboard, then this episode paid off in spades.

Also the only animated things were the anime girl and her bust. Priorities!

Yukano's bust is ample.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Watching this has just made me want to play Ninja Gaiden again.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Three Cookies posted:

Watching this has just made me want to play Ninja Gaiden again.

Only if you yell Yeaart and glitch Ryu into permanent T-pose.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Well he does scream Yeaart on occassion.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

This episode's second half is really interesting. The crows are not buddha.

Also, another catchy as gently caress ED

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I wonder what the deal with the old guy is, of course Ninja Slayer-san isn't going to be wrong in his evaluation. But retired old masters are a trope, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Traveller posted:

I wonder what the deal with the old guy is, of course Ninja Slayer-san isn't going to be wrong in his evaluation. But retired old masters are a trope, so there's that.

His son is gonna be a bad guy ninja.
Possibly even Darkninja-san.

But if they keep up the jokes he's gonna be some poo poo-farmer mook ninja who gets an overly long death scene.

• Locked thread