Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Talking of poo poo suddenly making sense. loving CR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

I bet the burst of light that took over his body is just him that figured out that he could just go back further in time to skip all this nonsense of being a ghost.

ye.

Also great that the U-turn happens at the actual halfway point of the story instead of within the last few episodes in most other animes. We're just straight up going to have a completely new retread of the same exact half we U-turned from, aren't we?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The true Uchikoshi begins here.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

The final twist will be when Yuta uses his own punchline to power up his final attack.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

pandaK posted:

ye.

Also great that the U-turn happens at the actual halfway point of the story instead of within the last few episodes in most other animes. We're just straight up going to have a completely new retread of the same exact half we U-turned from, aren't we?

Yeah. (Spoilers for Ever17) Looks like we'll see what living Yuta was doing.

Speculation:

You know, if this is like Ever17, the point would be to create a closed timelike loop. Living Yuta needs to not just save the world, but also trick ghost-Yuta into thinking the world *wasn't* saved, and thus into travelling back in time.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yep, this turned out even better than expected. I had a feeling this show would be good from the beginning.

Also one of the few transgendered persons to be treated like a human being in anime.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Also 4chan is remarkably progressive by discussing if this show is now yuri or not.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

edit: oops, quote is not edit...oh well

http://i.imgur.com/qrZc408.jpg

Tamba fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 14, 2015

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I like panties

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Tamba posted:

edit: oops, quote is not edit...oh well

http://i.imgur.com/qrZc408.jpg

when did the second one appear again?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I'm betting that all three of them got body switcheroo'd amongst each other.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

pandaK posted:

I don't even know what to think right now, and in true Uchikoshi fashion I probably won't until the last episode. Hell, probably not until the last minutes of the last episode.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

This show is actually fun and interesting, I am glad that I didn't drop it.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
This show seems like an even more cringy and less funny version of Highschool DxD. Does it ever get better?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Compared to DxD this is a paragon of taste and the height of comedy.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Highschool DxD is rear end! It's a diarrhea dump in my eye sockets! It's rotten rear end in my throat!!!

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I thought this was going to go sam flam..... and welp!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is a weird show. It felt like a shallow romp through a kiddy pool through the first two episodes, and all of a sudden there's a 30 foot drop in the middle of the pool. What the gently caress is this show.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The full version of the OP came out, and it's pretty neat.

Also here's a thing from the first episode that seems to be related right now:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

More stuff that seems relevant after the last episode and will probably be the focus of the next episode:

About 2/3 of the way into the third episode, there's a scene where Yuuta watches the livestream of his room and Meika in her underwear is there. There wouldn't be anything strange about this except for the fact that it was immediately sandwiched between two scenes where Miyazawa Kenji helps Meika back to her room followed by her talking to Mikatan back in her room. What's up with that?

I think livestream Yuuta may be in possession of a second Meika body (she's a robot, they have backup bodies, right?) with which he's using for some purpose. This leaves me to believe that U-turned Yuuta may still retain his ghost powers to control bodies. Either that, or maybe when he U-turns back to his original body he's still bound to the limitations of his ghost form, and he needs to constantly swap between bodies to refresh the time limit between bodies (if you'll notice, Yuuta is completely frozen on the livestream in said scene, though this may be just Japan saving on animating costs, idk).

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

:aaaaa:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I feel like every reveal just piles on more questions.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Hey this is turning out to be like sam flam in a few ways

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Let's hope that "it has big twists" is the only thing it takes from Sam Flam.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I wonder who Yuuta's "sister" Akina is.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

I feel like every reveal just piles on more questions.

Welcome to Uchikoshiland.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

This show confuses me.

1) Is the whole 'humanity dies' thing when he sees panties because he falls unconscious when he hits that 'peak above a peak' or whatever and isn't around to actually save the world when the time comes?

2) Is the one girl correct or just giving him crap when she says he's actually a girl?

The fact that she trusts his masked superhero persona makes me think that superhero-yuta told her all about the ghost/asteroid/etc, so she's messing with ghost-yuta because she knows he's listening in

3) Why all the spirit wards around the room? Couldn't he just explain to his ghost-self what he's doing and why he needs to take over the body?

This show is enjoyable but so convoluted

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

khy posted:

This show confuses me.

1) Is the whole 'humanity dies' thing when he sees panties because he falls unconscious when he hits that 'peak above a peak' or whatever and isn't around to actually save the world when the time comes?

2) Is the one girl correct or just giving him crap when she says he's actually a girl?

The fact that she trusts his masked superhero persona makes me think that superhero-yuta told her all about the ghost/asteroid/etc, so she's messing with ghost-yuta because she knows he's listening in

3) Why all the spirit wards around the room? Couldn't he just explain to his ghost-self what he's doing and why he needs to take over the body?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

I take it from the context of your statement that uchikoshi likes really convoluted plotlines

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

khy posted:

I take it from the context of your statement that uchikoshi likes really convoluted plotlines

Not so much convoluted as there's tons of elements that seem to have nothing to do with each other that eventually piece together into one grand plot near the end. So you'll get your answers... eventually. Probably.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

khy posted:

This show confuses me.

1) Yes.
2) Yuta being born female (and a subject from the Uber Labs) was a big twist, so no I'm pretty sure that's true. If anything, I thought Ghost Yuta was squirming bc he was being outed.
3) Just because. Uchikoshi wanted a time travel twist and it only had impact because it was built up rather than outright revealed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't trust that loving cat.

Also I can't help being slightly disappointed that the Yuta being a girl thing was just body swap shenanigans.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

25 minutes of explaining poo poo to retards

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

His explanation doesn't account for the first iteration.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Also I can't help being slightly disappointed that the Yuta being a girl thing was just body swap shenanigans.

Same to both. That guy lived up 'till now in a girls body and gets turned on by panties, what the? I woulda liked it better if she was a girl

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I'm pretty confused about what the main character has known all along now.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

There were like maybe 2 new things revealed in the last episode and the rest of the time was spent explaining poo poo to people who don't pay attention, so it's pretty funny that there are still people confused about what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

There were like maybe 2 new things revealed in the last episode and the rest of the time was spent explaining poo poo to people who don't pay attention, so it's pretty funny that there are still people confused about what's going on.

How long has that dumbass been living there without remembering/realizing who Narugino is? That's what I wanna know.

E: Why hasn't that teenage dumbass triggered yubafication before the story begins? He should be familiar with, and if it's triggered by sexy stuff should have triggered it before since he's a teenage kid in a girls body.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 22, 2015

• Locked thread