Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I like Meika's hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I like her dialect.

kugimiya seems to be pretty prevalent this season

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh wait, I figured it out, Meika's hair reminds me of squirrels.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Holy poo poo there's an actual explanation as to why Yuta is the only guy in a boarding house filled with girls. This episode, man.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

I bet the burst of light that took over his body is just him that figured out that he could just go back further in time to skip all this nonsense of being a ghost.

ye.

Also great that the U-turn happens at the actual halfway point of the story instead of within the last few episodes in most other animes. We're just straight up going to have a completely new retread of the same exact half we U-turned from, aren't we?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The true Uchikoshi begins here.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

The true Uchikoshi begins here.

The final twist will be when Yuta uses his own punchline to power up his final attack.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I'm betting that all three of them got body switcheroo'd amongst each other.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The full version of the OP came out, and it's pretty neat.

Also here's a thing from the first episode that seems to be related right now:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

More stuff that seems relevant after the last episode and will probably be the focus of the next episode:

About 2/3 of the way into the third episode, there's a scene where Yuuta watches the livestream of his room and Meika in her underwear is there. There wouldn't be anything strange about this except for the fact that it was immediately sandwiched between two scenes where Miyazawa Kenji helps Meika back to her room followed by her talking to Mikatan back in her room. What's up with that?

I think livestream Yuuta may be in possession of a second Meika body (she's a robot, they have backup bodies, right?) with which he's using for some purpose. This leaves me to believe that U-turned Yuuta may still retain his ghost powers to control bodies. Either that, or maybe when he U-turns back to his original body he's still bound to the limitations of his ghost form, and he needs to constantly swap between bodies to refresh the time limit between bodies (if you'll notice, Yuuta is completely frozen on the livestream in said scene, though this may be just Japan saving on animating costs, idk).

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I wonder who Yuuta's "sister" Akina is.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hey just spitballing here, but considering black is in pink's body, would it be considered narcissism to be attracted to someone in her real body? Makes you think

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Conot posted:

So wait, if Gliese is Guriko/Pine, who was the spirit posessing Turtle Man? And for that matter, who was the spirit posessing young psychic lady? It seems now like that was a act in line with the Qmay group's plans, since without it Meika would never have been created and no one could have hacked into the AFSPC servers, but it definitely wasn't Guriko (who still has a body) or Pine (who is stuck in his own personal time loop at the moment) or Chiyoko (who uh... pretty much seems to know nothing other then Uberfication). Either theres gonna be even higher levels of time fuckery, or theres a fourth spirit hanging around.

And again, a lot of this would have been solved if Chirosuke had just said "yo btw Gliese is Guriko, they wanna use the satellite to steer the asteroid into the planet". He seems to be more interested in getting Yuta to do what he says then in the whole "Humanity Preservation Project"

[spoiler]uchikoshi throws us for a double twist and it turns out that guriko/pine is also being time guided by a spirit animal [spoiler]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Fangz posted:

And there's where the budget went!

Some major death flags being raised... :ohdear:

Huh, I wonder who also said this exact line before.

• Locked thread