Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I challenge all North Americans to do the same for their local side. You haven't lived until you've rooted for poo poo soccer with twelve people.

Challenge accepted. Looks like we can either drive 30 minutes to a rubbish high school field to watch GPS Massachusetts vs Seacoast Phantoms, or 90 minutes to a drat nice little venue (Lusitano Stadium) to see the Western Mass Pioneers take on GBFC Thunder.

Was there a play-in round for PDL teams? I'm wondering why the Boston Rams aren't competing, since they'd be my first choice to watch. Maybe they opted out since the club's never really been stable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
The aforementioned GPS Massachusetts-Sea Coast Phantoms game has been moved from Wayland, MA to Cambridge, a smart 10-minute walk from Harvard Square. If you're in metro Boston, no excuses for missing this one, you can take the T to it.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Alright, so this GPS Massachusetts-Seacoast United match is going to be bigger than expected. Turns out there's a small American Legion outpost/bar across the street, so they're making an event of it, and more than 50 people have signed up to attend so far.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1438411553138194/

I think this is gonna be a pretty fun time, actually. Hoping for some nice weather for it! Admission to the game is apparently free, you just gotta bring cash for snacks and drinks at the outpost.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Giving this a bump since the regular MLS thread mentioned it. A whole shitload of lower league US Open Cup games are kicking off on Wednesday, and it's your moral imperative as an American to go and see one if it's in your area. I'll be in Cambridge MA, watching the Greater Premier Soccers of Massachusetts take on Seacoast Phantoms United.

There's a facebook page with some details. Bring cash if you want to buy snacks, beers (Bud/Miller $3, "fancy" beers $4) etc.

If you're in Metro Boston, just take the MBTA red line to Harvard Square-- it's a 15-20 minute walk from there, on a crisp spring evening. The rest of you yahoos in the US, check the big bracket on the wikipedia page (sadly, US Soccer's USOC page sucks) here, and try to double-check on a local site-- the wiki still lists my match as happening in Wayland, MA, but it was moved.

So - who else is goin to one of these?!?

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Oh my god, are we gonna be able to watch Harpo's FC online?! Amazing. I'm rooting for Seacoast United, but that's a long bus ride out to Tulsa.

yeah, they're probably on a plane but so what?? i bet it's a lovely plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
I hear good things about that stadium.

The Revs are entering the US Open Cup next round, facing the Charlotte Independe-- HEY WAIT A SEC

Those horses are gonna hit each other, and it won't be pretty. 3,200-capacity Soldier's Field in Cambridge, MA will be the venue. I can walk there from my house. Should be a good time.

I feel like USOC coverage is way, way up this year. In that there IS coverage of anything besides the final. That's a positive trend.

• Locked thread