Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is it normal for it to take up to 5 minutes to load between the campaign map and the battlefield? It's pretty slow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I haven't played TW since Shogun 2. How does this stack up against the others? I'm hearing things like "Best ever TW".

Gunder
May 22, 2003

In older TW games I seem to remember a Garrison was whatever troops you left in a settlement. It seems it's now a distinct mini army? Can you control what it consists of, or is it determined by the settlement level and buildings in it?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there a recommended race for Total War newbies? The Dwarves are meant to be easiest, but i've read other people saying VCs are also pretty easy to begin with.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the unit options I have available to me. I'm never sure what to use against what, and why I should start using this new halberdier instead of the pikemen with shields I already have. Total War games are a bit crazy for newcomers. I feel like the game does a pretty poor job of easing you into things. It's fairly straight forward at the start, but the options really start to get less and less clear after a few battles.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Thanks to Captain Beans and madmac, that info will really help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Sheep posted:

Just realized I accidentally finished my last Empire long campaign without using a single witch hunter or assigning anyone to offices.

Woops.

I'm still not really clear on the best way to use units like those bald priest guys or witch hunters. Do you just add them to your armies?

• Locked thread