Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I frontload my regret during the production process and then try not to look back in case I might regret things in hindsight as well.

I've re-recorded the first 0-15 minutes of every LP episode I've ever made between 3-10 times. At first it was because I found out I didn't have anything to say, leading to a huge amount of deleted intros like "Hello, this is [game]....seriously? that's all? this is stupid". Then that practice turned malignant and I started discarding longer pieces of ok'ish recordings as well because at minute 0-15 I did something stupid and I don't know why I couldn't just edit that out in post but it was either all or nothing, like trying to shoot movies with a single take. Luckily, I'm getting better at ignoring my urge to restart a recording.

Nidoking posted:

It was only within the past few years that I started scrubbing my audio for those annoying saliva noises that I've never found a pop filter to do anything about, and they disgust me every time I listen to anything from before that.

I hate that poo poo so badly I can't understand why it didn't bother me at first. All the additional noises make me sound like a grandpa smacking open his mouth, stammering a few words, and then gasping for air from the effort of having formulated a sentence. Learning to recognize the telltale waveform spike of mouth noises and breathing took me a while, and deleting all that takes even longer, but I can no longer not do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread