Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hoo boy. Where to start for me?

I think the biggest problem I have is audio. I have a lovely mic that works fairly well, but it was busted for quite a few of my first LPs and made everything really loud so I had to reduce the noise by a lot. It worked, mostly, but every video has a different level of audio and it's something I need to fix when I have actual money to get an actual microphone, but at the moment, it seems to be okay. I'm also becoming much, MUCH more strict in what I cut out and balance so that I can actually be heard, whereas some videos I didn't even listen back because I couldn't be arsed.

As for actual LPs, they're not all that great, I have definitely improved since I started, since, well, the only way I can go is up. After doing so many LPs with Deeds, I'm actually kinda puzzled as to why I wanted to do Populous 3 solo. Because in some of the long videos I am just babbling to myself trying to find SOMETHING to talk about. I might have actually started to go insane, it was unbelievable. Otherwise, I'm just happy I finished it and, worryingly enough, is my most popular thread. That says a lot about me.

Bug's Life is fine, there isn't much I can improve on that, since the game is terrible enough. It's always audio.

Mark of the Ninja I enjoyed a lot, but I will say I deeply, deeply regret doing the entire game AGAIN in Pacifism. They are by far my least watched videos and my thread just died when people noticed what I was actually doing. I am hoping for another LP of this game, because honestly, it deserves better, it is definitely my favorite game that I've LPed because it's so good. I do hate how it took around eight months to loving finish. I had recorded footage sitting around on my hard drive for nearly six months, it was terrible.

The Grinch was a lot of fun because of how much care went into such a bad and low budgeted movie advertisement that has basically nothing to do with the movie. The big regret is that the schedule completely fell apart so, again, the thread died and it finished two months after it should've. Ugh. Otherwise, I liked it.

Commander Keen was when things were doing okay, until I realized that I'd been pumping things out at 360p. AHHHHHHH. So now I have problems with both the audio and the visual. It's terrible, at least I had the last three videos in glorious 720p. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the LP and could show off that your childhood sucks.

And then we come to my full HD LP of GTA1. And holy crap I wanted this LP to be over by like part 7. Out of 27. There's always something that comes up, it's never perfect. This is probably the only LP where I've actually realized what a terrible mistake I've made, but goddamn I am finishing this piece of poo poo. I suppose that applies to pretty much every LP I've done in that by about halfway I'm bored of it already and just wanna move on to the next one. Maybe I should stop recording the whole game within a week.

Overall, I'm happy with how things have gone, the views I've gotten and the whole £1 I've gotten from revenue (I actually don't monetize my vids, because what the hell would I even get from it?) so I always go into my next LP thinking maybe I'll actually like this one when I'm done.

I never do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

I know I posted here before, but there is actually something I am somewhat curious about : the reason folks start doing in the first place.

I started it way back in 2011 because I wasn't doing anything with my life aside from going to school and it helps that I really enjoy video games. So when I met Deeds at uni, he told me about this place, I got an account, lurked for a while, then made my own LPs. It's been over a year now and I've done six of the drat things and while I may hate all of them, I enjoyed it too.

• Locked thread