Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

• Pragmatism - Focus technological solutions as the only means to resolve the current state of affairs, because there are no alternatives.

Make sure you're sensitive to Cultural Appropriation, your technological solutions must be applied only to those groups who match the exact ethnic proportion of the creator of said solution

also, kill you'reself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

Hmm, not seeing how any of these posts are on-topic at all, can you explain? :D

Without making Cultural Appropriation the absolute gravitational center of the New Left, I don't see how you can call it the left at all.

One practical suggestion would be a new government mandate that all forms that collect demographic information (think, Drivers License application, bank forms, whatever) have ALL pronouns and ALL possible self-identification labels. If I can't self identify on my drivers license as a transexual vegan demiqueer otherkin, usign the pronouns Xim/Xom/Bazonga, then I will literally shake until my needs are addressed

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

• Making Allies - In order to purge antisemitism from the Left, everyone who wishes to call themselves a leftist must bring in the skin and genitals of a Palestinian before being issued their membership cards.

We've been doing this on the right for a while. Find your own downtrodden browns to mutilate.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Clipperton posted:

no seriously, unionise

Even more seriously stop using S where Z belongs. Lumpen proletariat will fall in line thereafter

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

• The Power of PR - Hire Jonathan Chait to serve as the Intellectual Laureate of leftism. Failing that, hire someone who can mimic him convincingly.

Effectronica, this really is The Best Thread, well done

• Locked thread