Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
So I invited a guy I knew for 7 years to be my roommate, it's been fine for a year but now he is going to get me evicted. He is subleting under me but there was a period of time he was paying rent directly to the landlord because I am bad with money. I am the only name on the lease he came in after. Landlord says if he does not get rid of the broken cars in the yard they will evict us. What can I do short of kicking him out, or what would be the process of kicking him out. He says that since he paid rent to the landlord a few times that means I can't just kick him out without notice. I l live in NC not sure what the rent laws are here. Can I just tow his cars at his expense? I do not know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Set him on fire. Or contact a lawyer?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Challenge him to trial by combat. Loser moves out.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-evict-tenant-north-carolina.html

Lease violations maybe? Since he's subletting from you it may be tough because judging by your lack of knowledge of renter laws I'm sure you don't have a written lease with him, but if he's violating your lease maybe you can do something with that.

OR

Make his life so unbearable that he has no choice but to move out. Start "sleep walking." Pee on his bed while he's in it and you're "sleep walking." Start small fires with his personal possessions while you're "sleep walking." Do many other things that will cause him minor to major annoyance. He can't blame you for something you did if you were unconscious! This will work, I 100% guarantee it.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Does he not want to get rid of the cars or something? If he's fine with getting rid of them there are probably plenty of places that will take junk cars for free or even pay you a little.

Depends on how hillbilly we're talking here. Do you guys just move on to another used car every time the previous one breaks down like some kind of hermit crab or are we talking rusty frames on cinder blocks that wild animals poo poo and gently caress on?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I used to work with him for 2 years at Walmart,, he is a decent guy I just never knew about his hoarder tendencies. The cars don't work but he keep putting off taking out the stuff that is valuable. The hermit crab analogy fits him when it comes to cars.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 24, 2015

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!
There are tons of places that will pick up cars if they are drive able for free. If not drive able a flat fee of like $100 from my experience. Tell him to get the poo poo out of there by a certain date, set up the pick up time for then and then bill him for the cost

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
Tell him you've loved him forever and you'd like to adopt a child together. 50/50 chance he'd leave on his own. Worth a shot.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

LoG posted:

I agree with this guy.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Is he retarded? Does he not see that by refusing to move the cars, he will get evicted with you? And that the cars will get cleared by the landlord?

This is a choice between moving the cars, and having the cars moved + getting evicted. Maybe make that clear.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

LoG posted:

Use Thunderdome rules.

TWO MEN ENTER ONE MAN LEAVES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
1) Cash for keys, i.e. "I have $250 for you if you're out by Friday.

2) You / Landlord can give him 30 days notice to terminate tenancy. Get a feel from him as to if you did that whether he'd actually leave in 30 days. If yes, give him 30 days notice. If no, give him 30 days notice and be prepared to start a messy eviction because he's not on any paperwork.

3) Move, leave the mess you've created behind, start anew.

The city will impound cars abandoned on city streets. If they're not on city streets, they will have to magically roll out to a city street for this to work. If it rolls out and is parked in a spot they will tow it within a few weeks. If it rolls out to the middle of the street and just parks there, they will tow it immediately.

The problem is not the cars, it's the guy.

• Locked thread