Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

I Am Hydrogen posted:

I would assume they would reintroduce things/character from the old EU. It makes sense in terms of business/money. They can basically either further alienate a dedicated, though pissed off and butthurt part of their fanbase or throw them a few bones and callbacks to the old EU that only they will get to win them over.

Or they can not because the people pissed off will buy anything with Star Wars on it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

VirtualStranger posted:

The ice cream maker guy from Cloud City got an action figure.

Hey that ice cream maker is one of the approximately billion secret bits of technology and information necessary to take out the second Death Star.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Prince Xixor.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

"y'know, the bad guy from Shadows of the Empire on N64"

As someone who posts on a comic book forum the fact this I can only answer "Who and what?" probably means nobody knows that guy.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Rage is always better portrayed when it is silent. That is basically the last scene of the prequels except for a lack of "NOOOOOooooOOOOooOOOooOOoooo!"

Though I am suddenly imagining Bobba Fett not making it all the way out of the room and getting tossed through the door face first by the Force then trying to play it off like nothing happened.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 5, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It was a mistake born out of common but unfounded belief, "Kids only relate to kids" it's mostly because adults long for childhood and stop remembering we wanted to grow up and be Indiana Jones and shoot Short Round out of a cannon.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Blind people are just his kyrptonite okay?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait, did Luke just fly an X-wing to Coruscant? That seems unwise.

Nerds correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the X-Wing a common as dirt ship that the rebels bolted weapons onto and used because there were so many around for parts and replacements?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Just not a lot to say about it, the book has been all staging so far.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I enjoyed the last little cling to Bobba Fett the article tries to make apparently some scavengers find his half digested armor spit out by the sarlac, "but maybe he took it off! Bobba Fett lives!"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

You know C-3PO is going to have this reputation as the most sarcastic and sadistic droid ever created when this is all over.

"So the wookie starts throwing people through windows and this smarmy Droid starts fake apologizing to every one of the poor bastards."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I wonder if Vader will come down with a case of arm cut off by totally secretly important character do not steal like he used to.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It's very Kung Fu badass outsider in the right place at the right time plot but that a perfectly fine writing tool.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I enjoyed the Vader issue because of the lack of traditional power creep. In the ol EU he'd throw a mountain at them or something in the issue he basicaly pulls the pins from their grenades.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Nobody wants open war and a few people want the perks of a cold war, not a big stretch of the old suspension of disbelief.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

It's like if there was a movie where aliens threatened to blow up the Earth, and they made a sequel where new aliens threatened to blow up the Earth, and also Venus and Mercury.

You could assume just from the premise of that movie that we had turned Venus and Mercury into colonies or something important to Earth and that would be why the evil aliens want to destroy them.

Any explanation beyond that is fodder for the cutting room floor the second you need to trim something.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Anywho, the conclusion of Vader Down...thoughts?

It was neat, got the feel of the characters right. Vader using his knowledge of engines to force choke the space fuel lines or whatever at the end was cool.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Luke wins when he stops trying to do what the Jedi advise him to. (He also gets his hand chopped off but you gotta break some eggs to make an omelette.) This kind of clashes with Lucasian Force stuff, but I think we may see more grey areas in the new movies. Ren is not completely evil, for instance. He's trying really hard to be, but it's so hard.:qq:

That wasn't about some bulshit Grey Jedi path or whatever it was about Luke finding the right way to the Force without letting established dogma cloud his path.

It's the fresh eyes of youth seeing the failing of the old ways, it's a story of a young man rejecting the establishment and finding the true path to filmaking the Force.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Most people that get mad at KoTOR II are just annoyed at the people who don't get that she was presented as wrong and cling to the 50 Shades of Grey Jedi interpretation.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

zoux posted:

Let it go EU people.

No let them have this. The whining will be hilarious when "fan favorite" characters get taken down by the B team.

"Buh,buh but he was their greatest enemy!"l :cry:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

cargohills posted:

They didn't wipe R2, only C3PO.

Or, hear me out, they did and r2-d2 isn't a bag of dicks that withholds important info.

gently caress the "R2-D2 is the only droid to never have been wiped." EU bullshit.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I think you greatly underestimated how many people did roll their eyes.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Well obviously there were complications so they had to freeze Leia in Carbonite for a decade in the middle of labor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

What mind altering drugs convinced you that that would be received with anything but death threats and nerd rage. "They are KILLING OUR UNIVERSE so J.J. Hackbrams can replace it with his garbage!"