Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
cigarette.

realistically i know i will smoke again if high on certain substances or drunk,

but i am very tired of a nearly half-pack a day habit, getting winded after 3 flights of stairs - being 21 and not overweight - and wasting money.

help me

i say it was my last cigarette because i feel poorly and do not wish to take the elevator down and buy another pack (i would have to put pants on)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

you can quit. it's not so bad.

morning wood
you can do it OP. pants are the worst

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

i am he posted:

you can quit. it's not so bad.

i know very lame people who have quit and i would like to think i am better than them

i am he

ya I've quit, but I'm not lamer than you. I'm way cooler.

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
smokers stink and i feel very bad being around normys

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
quitting is good, and don't worry about smoking when you are drunk or whatever...for me that ends up being like 3 cigs a month

pig slut lisa

irl is good

good luck :cheers:

not smoking is going to save you a ton of cash and if you're smart about that your working career will literally be cut by a year or two (i.e. you'll reach financial independence sooner)

pig slut lisa

irl is good

plus you get to live longer and not spend as much money on unnecessary health care expenses

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
All u have to do is want to not smoke

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
just stay completely quit for 2 weeks and it gets a lot easier after that, in my experience

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
i was rewatching Mad Men but i don't think i can keep doing that

pig slut lisa

irl is good

there's a good short story about a company that helps you stop smoking by well basically they follow you around the world and do worse and worse things to you and your loved ones every time they catch you smoking a cigarette. i don't remember the name.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i think it's called quitters, inc.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

yeah it is and here it is

http://mrfitton.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/5/8/17583739/quitters_inc._text.pdf

pig slut lisa

irl is good

sorry for the spoilers :/

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

pig slut lisa posted:

there's a good short story about a company that helps you stop smoking by well basically they follow you around the world and do worse and worse things to you and your loved ones every time they catch you smoking a cigarette. i don't remember the name.

my dad already got cancer so i dunno how much this can do for me

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
this kinda sounds neat, i will read

pig slut lisa

irl is good

diabeetz posted:

my dad already got cancer so i dunno how much this can do for me

oh yeah i'm not saying reading it will help you or anyone, except inasmuch as reading an interesting story helps everyone

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
print out a bunch of copies of a selfie of u and hand it out to every tobacconist in a 10 mile radius asking them to not serve u tobacco ever again

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

diabeetz posted:

i was rewatching Mad Men but i don't think i can keep doing that

look at that. not smoking is already improving your quality of life

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

pig slut lisa posted:

oh yeah i'm not saying reading it will help you or anyone, except inasmuch as reading an interesting story helps everyone

i was under the impression the Allen Carr book helped a ton of people but, ehhhhhh self help books.

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

les fleurs du mall posted:

print out a bunch of copies of a selfie of u and hand it out to every tobacconist in a 10 mile radius asking them to not serve u tobacco ever again

my face is unforgettable :bigtran:

Bwee

Gone Fashing posted:

look at that. not smoking is already improving your quality of life

Looke

good luck op

treasured8elief

pig slut lisa

irl is good

diabeetz posted:

i was under the impression the Allen Carr book helped a ton of people but, ehhhhhh self help books.

i just like reading short stories whether they are about quitting smoking or p much anything else :shrug:

City of Glompton

you can do it friend!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

pig slut lisa posted:

i just like reading short stories whether they are about quitting smoking or p much anything else :shrug:

nono my comment was just an offshot thought, my apologies

alnilam

City of Glompton posted:

you can do it friend!

alnilam

iif you like to smoke socially with pals you might find it hard to just casually say "no no thanks" but if you explicitly say "oh I'm trying tu quit actually" they will probably be very supportive

tao of lmao

yeah whoever above said that the first couple weeks are the hardest was dead-on. it gets sooo much easier after that. best of luck to you, op.

alnilam

I have some friends who quit because they got the flu or something and didn't even want to smok ebc they were too sick, and that made the first week pretty easy, what I'm saying is do you know anyone who has the flu right now

pig slut lisa

irl is good

diabeetz posted:

nono my comment was just an offshot thought, my apologies

i'm horribly insecure and it reflects in my posting. i wish you the best and hope you do great :toot:

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
yeah I'm home/not working for two weeks so I'd rather spend this time on projects and being active I guess. I don't have the "excuse" of being stressed and my smoker buddies are v supportive of quitters so I'd like to get this started now

ty all

alnilam

pig slut lisa posted:

i'm horribly insecure and it reflects in my posting. i wish you the best and hope you do great :toot:

haha look at this beta loser bithc

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

alnilam posted:

I have some friends who quit because they got the flu or something and didn't even want to smok ebc they were too sick, and that made the first week pretty easy, what I'm saying is do you know anyone who has the flu right now

no but when I'm hungover I find smoking repulsive, so I'm considering getting trashed to get me over the two-day hurdle

alnilam

diabeetz posted:

no but when I'm hungover I find smoking repulsive, so I'm considering getting trashed to get me over the two-day hurdle

this is the kind of big picture thinking we need :beerpal:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

When I quit, I was just too lazy to buy more cigarettes. So I enhanced the laziness and now its been two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Currently drinking a sunny afternoon beer in support of my friend diabeetz

• Locked thread