Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Never get pre-builts unless you just want an office computer because they will almost always skip corners to make the PC. Also, Logical Increments is an ok site but there's a few things you should be careful about. The RAM they recommend tends to fluctuate a lot due to price changes and sometimes it might give you RAM that has giant heatsinks that will make it hard to insert some HSF's, so be aware of that. Also, they don't recommend liquid coolers for some reason, but that probably doesn't matter because you're on a budget. Finally, they tend to overrate some cases because they're more expensive, not because they're necessarily better.

Really sorry to hear that you got robbed, OP. I've had that happen before and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I have a keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

Does this look ok? What else do I need, in order to assemble a decent gaming computer? We good to go?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/D3XDNG

If we can save some dollars with minimal performance drop that would be the bees knees.

This is a McDonald's drive-thru, sir.

• Locked thread