Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
hey there fellow lurkers, this is place to post without fear of being bad at posting. i used to be a lurker until i started to post and i feel as if i can help you too. so just post here about anything, and don't worry about your posts not being good enough since were all good enough in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
here ill help start everyone out:

Hi my name is Status_Surge and im a lurker. its been 3 days since ive last lurked a forum post.

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
hi i am ham_sanitizer and i've been lurk free for 20 days and i have never felt better

Status_Surge

welcome ham_sanitizer, could you tell us when you first realized you should post instead of lurk.

Mapparu

hi im mapparu. ive recently decided to stop lurking after 5 months...

ham_sanitizer

Status_Surge posted:

welcome ham_sanitizer, could you tell us when you first realized you should post instead of lurk.

i was bored in a motel in tulsa and forums user swizzbutt texted me and said i should post more so he would have a posting pal, so i posted this thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711405&perpage=40

ham_sanitizer

anyway posting was fun, and byob is nice, so i just kept posting after that

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
i never lurked, just started posting. no inhibitions, good forum, thanks for saying i should post ya'll.

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes
I'm glad that you have beaten your addiction :)

wearing a lampshade

i post but i feel like i'm not a poster yet, like im still in the larval stage

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The minute byob returned I started posting. I knew my time had come

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i didnt really lurk either

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I came for the weed meme and mental health issues but I stayed for the friendship.

Mapparu

POWERBALL posted:

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I came for the weed meme and mental health issues but I stayed for the friendship.

thats always good. glad you are here.

ham_sanitizer

POWERBALL posted:

the weed meme

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i have enjoyed the recent batch of lurkers and look forward to more of them

FluffieDuckie

Bo-Pepper posted:

i have enjoyed the recent batch of lurkers newbies and look forward to more of them

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

monkay

The official sad poster
I lurked for about 4 years before I decided to post.
Then i heard about byob and decided to start posting here since i heard they were nice to newbs.

Swizzbutt

i'm just a newbie tryin my best

thewizardofshoe

On the other hand, :effort:

problematic hug

hello i've been told to come here. i might be king of the lurkers ama

City of Glompton

hello lurkers & newbies, I hope youre having a nice time!

FluffieDuckie

Finn Pennywhistle posted:

hello i've been told to come here. i might be king of the lurkers ama

yes but do you want to get better? this thread is about getting better

ulvir

City of Glompton posted:

hello lurkers & newbies, I hope youre having a nice time!

ulvir

lots of promising young blood in the yob, lately

Bwee
hi lurkers i hope you feel welcome here in byob.. if you have any questions or concerns please let me know

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
Please direct all neuroscience or Yob-related inquires to Dr. Bwee, Head of Brain Surgery and April BYOB Idiot King.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sudaphedrine
Hello everyone, I'm sudaphedrine... I lurked right before I came in :cripes:

Bwee
internet king

ulvir

"idiot king" is an ableist term, and a bad one. the admins may deserve a round of spanking for that one

Bwee
idiot king, forums cancer, even the gas chamber are all problematic (not sarcastic)

FluffieDuckie

sudaphedrine posted:

Hello everyone, I'm sudaphedrine... I lurked right before I came in :cripes:

hello sudaphedrine :wave:

i'm generally a fan of decongestants so welcome to the forum

ulvir

Bwee posted:

idiot king, forums cancer, even the gas chamber are all problematic (not sarcastic)

and back when I was lurking on a friend's account before regging, there was the "Furry Concentration Camp"

ulvir

known furries got a yellow star of david with the words "Yiff" in them over their avatar, and they couldn't change it

:cripes:

ulvir

sorry for making GBS threads up your "coming out of lurking" thread, lurkers

Bwee
lurkers what do you think about the problematic nature of somethng awful dot com

Mapparu

Bwee posted:

lurkers what do you think about the problematic nature of somethng awful dot com

im glad im not the only one who thinks that.. i think thats what makes byob better for me. everyones thoughtful and nice. transphobia,homophobia, and other things arent excepted.

Bwee
yeah i think gbs being the flagship forum and , to be honest, the fyad title being one of the first things people see is very offputting

Bwee
also byob has changed a LOT in the past few months i'm glad you're here now when it's a good forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer

Bwee posted:

i think it's funny
*braces for hail of rotten vegetables*

• Locked thread