Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Dismantle and use shipping company? Should take about 1-2 months by sea afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Korean air, Asiana air, JAL, ANA.

But then I never fly low budget airlines.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Whizbang posted:

Peach is fine if you aren't an 18th century aristocrat like Aesis.
I beg your pardon? :argh:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Hello, Ryan!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Bugblatter posted:

I am Daegu Ryan, and I approve this emoji.
Hello, Ryan!

I don't even know who's who.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Please use timg BBcode! :argh:

Also, hello Ryan!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
No idea because I don't own it :smith:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

joedevola posted:

I'm on LG Powercomm and they throttle torrent traffic to basically nothing. Is there any way around this?
You can try using VPN but almost all VPN services frown on customers using VPN for torrent. Also I am sure LG throttles connection during evening time and not just torrents, as I also use LG but I can't even play Rocket League without teleporting around while one of my family's watching something on Youtube during evenings :stare:

e: It could also be that your apartment connection is bottlenecked by many families using LG during certain hours. In that case there's nothing you can do.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 20, 2016

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

nullscan posted:

I used to have serious YouTube slowdown around 7pm every day, but if I used VPN it was fine. There's some throttling going on.
They intentionally throttle YouTube from what I hear. I've had other Koreans complain about YouTube being slow rear end during evenings. They use KT and LG.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

My friend downloads like every day and never has had a problem ever. My friend regularly gets like 7-10mb/sec DL speeds too! That friend uses KT for internet though. So maybe you're just poo poo with the internet?
YOU'RE poo poo! tbh KT > LG >>>>>> SKB

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

*eat a spoonful of gokujang and unsheaths katana*

I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Could you repeat that one more time?
i fooking wreck u mate, i swear to me mum!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

Say it to my face, fucker, and not online

see what happens
Whoa chill, big guy!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

cryptoclastic posted:

Who was the big Korean history buff goon? I'd like to read more about the colonial period, but don't know where to start. Any suggestions?
Eh forgot his SA name but he's around in Kakao chat.

Also quoting him from Kakao chat.

quote:

Colonial is Zzzzzzzxzx

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Ah yes that's his SA name. Anyways colonial history of Korea is boring event-wise. Japan overtook governance of Korea through traitorous pact and ruled Korea for 35 years until 15th August 1945 (basically when Japan surrendered unconditionally), and during that time period there were freedom fighters (some working for USSR, some staying in USA or China) and freedom march as well as slave labour and human experiment.

Basically from Korea's perspective it was disgraceful 35 years when Korea didn't have any power nor was recognized as a nation due to being under Japanese rule. Afaik USA and Japan made a pact to leave Philippines under US rule while Japan did things in Asia.

I'd look at post independence Korea from 1945 onwards. Much chaos to be had. Chung-Hee Park is an interesting person to read about, as he was a Japanese officer in Manchuria who later became president and set the cornerstone of Korea through ruthless dictatorship.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 15, 2016

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

E_P posted:

I apologize you must have misunderstood. "Her child" in that situation is you, the person who hosed a woman with a husband and broke up a marriage.
:stare:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Maxsmart posted:

Don't worry, he can sooth the burn with the all tears she'll shed after eating real American tacos.
Real American taco :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

caberham posted:

Hey Korean goons how are you all doing? I'm sitting in the food court eating lovely bibimbap and I miss Korea and having dinner with you all. It's my fault because I end up going to Japan all the time. Sorry

Oh and I'm skipping the rice because i still remember that goonsgiving where this buff guy loves Korean food and skips the rice. I'm not buff though but am "dieting"
Gotta eat less carbohydrates!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

caberham posted:

Yum yum yum. I'm going to eat some goons.

And then die of food poisoning
Make sure to eat goons alive.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

bringmyfishback posted:

Half-Korean kids in my elementary school were picked on by other students and treated more harshly by the teachers if their mother was the non-Korean parent because "they are foreigners and we don't have to treat them like Korean students." If they had a Korean mother, the teachers would come to their aid if they were bullied.

I am quite sure that this is not the norm, but we were in freakin' ULSAN, so it's not like a half-Korean child was so loving unusual.
I wouldn't know about that since I never saw any half-Korean or foreign students while I attended school when I was a kid, but in general Koreans treat anyone 'different' harshly. Even in Korean schools it's 'normal' for teachers and students to do that, not to mention Korean society as a whole. When the society and education system teach everyone to be identical to others, any 'abnormalities' would be stomped on with extreme prejudice.

Sure some of us are aware of the problems, but there's absolutely nothing we can do. That's why people just accept it as is or leave the country.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I'm just here for boobs and rear end.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Gildiss posted:

And also possibly murdering the male teacher that was looking out for the teacher initially?
Wait what?!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

So how bout that earthquake!
Didn't feel poo poo in Seoul.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Maxsmart posted:

Sounds like you need to listen to your Mom. She loves mayonnaise.
Hot thick mayo.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Tbh Koreans tend to overreact to anything thy resembles Rising Sun flag. But yeah she hosed up badly, especially considering it's liberation day :D

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

TsarZiedonis posted:

Uhhh, she used a cutesy word art thing that had a Japanese flag in it because she was in Tokyo.

I'm usually not one to defend the degenerates who make modern culture, but this seems like an insane overreaction.
Doesn't matter really. Considering that Rising Sun flag is treated equivalent to swatstika she hosed up badly. You wouldn't be flying Nazi flag in Israel, would you?

Speaking of Rising Sun flag, some people might not get the overreaction from Koreans and Chinese, but you have to be aware that it was a symbol of Imperial Japan which oppressed and massacred many Koreans and Chinese. Just think of Swatstika and Jewish and you'll get it.

Edit: personally I don't care unless it was intentional, but the timing couldn't have been worse especially because it was Liberation Day.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Aug 16, 2016

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Love Stole the Day posted:

Specifically about the Korean state to exist
Korean state to America!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

Gonna go watch that stupid hockey movie tomorrow. The tickets were free so its like, 'why not?'

I bet the fat one is the goalie and somehow the small one is the enforcer. In any event, I promise to post a trip report.
Always the fat one!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

DontAskKant posted:

Air Seoul or Seoul Air is the Seoul sister company of Air Busan. If you read the Korea Times you would know :agesilaus:
I am a patriot so I only read Chosun-ilbo.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Nah it's gotten better past couple of years. Passengers actually wait until engine is off these days.

Still doesn't change the fact that you can't go out faster than First/Business class passengers :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
As a Korean, I say Korea sucks!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

You jest but in 2014 it was impossible to find Honey Butter Chips anywhere in Korea. Goons became so desperate, they were forced to buy 6 packs of Asahi just for the single honey butter chip taped to the pack.

Ahh the days of modern day potato famine.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Drink lots of coffee and get heart attack, my fellow goons!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

nullscan posted:

It's time for the no effort Thanksgooning post 2k16!

First off, SIGN UP ON THE SPREADSHEET HERE IF YOU ARE EVEN PONDERING SHOWING UP! Better to have too much than not enough food!

When is this shindig?
November 26th, Last Saturday of November. Bit late, yeah, but most teachers aren't going to get Thursday off or anything. We'll be setting up and cooking around 2 or earlier, so just show up whenever? Food will be served around 6 to 7. Also, all are free to come the Friday before and help cook or just crash out at my place. I have plenty of room and blankets!

MENU
This year we're going super simpler, with down home catered cooking, grits, meats, casseroles and whatever else we can think of. Most of the standards will be catered from on base leaving the cooks time to make special sides. That being said, if anyone wants to bring something or come over the day before and help cook, you're more than welcome, just note it on the spreadsheet!

How many bitcoins is this going to run me?
Previous Turkeyparties have ran donations-only but generally 10k to 20k won is typical.

If you don't have any cash don't let that be a deterrent though, tis the season for feeding freeloaders and I'll make up the diff.

Where's it at?
Since I've been movin' on up, this year it'll be smack dab in the middle of Itaewon!

Using Naver or Daum you can get directions fairly easy, but it's just a few minutes from Itaewon Station. Try 75-5 Itaewon-dong or 21-3 Itaewon-ro 16-gil.

Accommodations!
As always, goons are free to crash on the floor if they desire. Or fight it out for Race Car Bed. I have a futon, couch, and another bed available as well. Otherwise, Itaewon Land is just up the street as well as a few motels in the area. If you're coming from out of town and need help just ask in thread or Kakao and we'll figure something out!

Allergwarnings

I do still have Goon Favorite cat Pablo and standoffish priss Beyori. I'll be sure to do a good cleanup the days before to limit cat dander and hair, and will also have allergy medication on hand if it gets too much for anyone.
Reminding y'all about upcoming Goonsgiving 2016 2k16.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 13, 2016

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is there still a Goon Kakao talk group or is that dead?
There is, just ask for invite.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Impeachment ruling tomorrow. Get your popcorn ready.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

bam thwok posted:

Glad to see the thread is active.

I'm in Seoul on business right now through Saturday night, and would love to make the most of my free evenings and ~half day Saturday before departing.

Also been reading the recommendations, but would love to join the group as well for more/to make nice. Also up to say hello/grab dinner/drinks in person with anyone so inclined.

Kakao Username is the same.

Can't find username bam thwok.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
But does Mochi want to meet you?!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Teikanmi posted:

Does anyone wanna help a former Korea goon (me) recover some game accounts, stupid government locks online accounts if they're dormant for like 180 days of something :cry:
You need a way of identifying yourself (generally a phone number). So I don't think anyone can help you.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Me likey likey likey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Alan Smithee posted:

Yes
Opens bag full of drugs.