Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I was going home from school by bike. I then felt a little dizzy, all of a sudden I was right behind a parked car. I immediately pulled my brakes and tried to get out of the way. I couldn't and I hit the rear bumper of a Mercedes. I fell to my left side dazed. The women who owned the car helped my to my house. I apologized for damages to her vehicle.

I will most likely have to pay for damages. her bumper suffers three bumps the size of a pointer fingernail.

What should I do Goons? I've never been in a situation like this before and I feel completely lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
How old are you? And a local law school should be able to refer you to free legal advice.

Der Luftwaffle fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 28, 2015

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
stop riding your bike under the influence

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
People who own cars tend to have insurance to cover things like that. Still, if it isn't going to break you financially, it would be good form to at the very least pay up to her excess. Oh, and GO SEE A DOCTOR.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
diabetes acting up OP?

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Just sue her for hitting you, she was obviously at fault. Also you suffered intense brain trauma and will have emotional damages...should get a cool million before the lawyers fee.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

When she comes to your house have someone else answer and be like "Annointed? .....he died 7 years ago." then play spooky music in the background

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Der Luftwaffle posted:

How old are you? And a local law school should be able to refer you to free legal advice.
I'm 18, and thanks for the advice. I'm relatively far from a law school but I'll find something.

Soylent Yellow posted:

People who own cars tend to have insurance to cover things like that. Still, if it isn't going to break you financially, it would be good form to at the very least pay up to her excess. Oh, and GO SEE A DOCTOR.
Yeah once I talk to my counselor I'll most likely pay for the damages, or at least as much as I can. I'm sorry for what I did, it's all my fault and I just want to figure out the best way to say it. I've already seen a doctor, aside from a light headache and pain in my right thigh I should be okay.

Chinatown posted:

diabetes acting up OP?
Not diabetic, only reason I wish I would is to have a definite reason why I suddenly felt dizzy, as lovely as that sounds. Sorry if I offended aby diabetic goons. Really I don't mean to offend.

Angry Hippo
May 12, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can either pay for the damage to her vehicle, sue the crap out of her for recklessly cutting you off or just ignore her.

You probably don't have insurance that she can make a claim against. I would just tell her that you are broke can't/won't pay her anything. Most people won't go through the trouble of actually suing you for small beans, particularly if they can file a claim with their own insurance instead. Given that it was a Mercedes, they probably have insurance.

Also, do not admit fault in an accident *ever*. Even though it appears you already did so, DO NOT continue to admit fault. If your conscience will allow for it I would immediately start denying any fault for the accident.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Annointed posted:

Not diabetic, only reason I wish I would is to have a definite reason why I suddenly felt dizzy, as lovely as that sounds. Sorry if I offended aby diabetic goons. Really I don't mean to offend.

I am offended.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Bitch drives a Mercedes. She can deal with someone running in to her bumper.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I think you may have got hit OP and she just drove you home and lied to you.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
toughest situation i have ever read about for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Might just want to declare bankruptcy and start over tbh, new family and all that.

• Locked thread