Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NOTE: THE GAME CONTAINS SCENES MAY BE KEPT AND CRAZY TO BRING LAUGH. MAY Become a YOUTUBE VIDEO CREATE. When side effects, contact your doctor or pharmacist!

InsanZ is a retro-survival-horror-game of the latest generation. Discover the crazy world of InsanZ, face the nasty creatures from hell and survive to bring back balance to the world.

Fight with over 13 different weapons against hordes of monsters, explore the dire world of InsanZ, discover old paths and hidden secrets, use the terrain to escape from your foes, dive into the world of InsanZ.

Tactical knowledge and resource management are key to survive in this never ending nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Patch 1.0.0.1 28/04/2015 - Better AI - Revise MAPS - Fixed bugs - Title Screen First DLC> FOR ALL FREE < - 3 New Weapons - A new MAP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell, Day 1 DLC, and it's free to boot?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
fart

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I am going insanz for all these long straight hallways. It's what I always wanted!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is what happens when you take paid mods off Steam. Christ.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dear Dev,
I know this all is hard on you. Trust me, I know. I haven't been there, mind. Don't start looking for "KungFuChemist Games" or something like that, but I've seen it before and been on the receiving end of things like it. You put a bit of your heart and soul into something, show it to the world, and they start beating it with sticks. I bet it feels like a big chunk of the internet now has its gaze turned at you right now, and you're scared. I get that. I'm here to put in my two cents on how to get through this.

1) Take a deep breath. Calm yourself down. I'm not saying you're doing anything stupid. I'm just saying that you'll need it. Truth be told, you've done what a lot of people haven't: you actually published a game. And good job on that, seriously. It takes more than a little bit of courage to do that. You're like the guy who goes to the gym and gets mocking stares for not being able to lift enough. Yeah, you may not be able to lift that much right now, but you know what? You went. That's more than a lot of people can say. Congratulate yourself on that.

2) Start accepting the criticism. It's going to come and fighting it will only make it worse. Let people say their piece, and don't argue, delete, or berate them. Listen between the curses and you might find some decent advice. It's hard to do, and sorting through the "you suck!"s to find the "I think you should..."s is going to tire you out. Keep at it. You've chosen a career path where criticism comes with the territory. Something I've learned that helps in situations like this is to simply list their grievances with your game and ask if you've gotten them all. It tends to turn people ranting about how bad something is into someone helping you, and gives you a handly list to go back to when you're wondering what to improve on.

3) Lower the price. You can use all this publicity to your advantage. People are now intrigued by your game, even if some might call it morbid curiosity. Your game is now an impulse buy for a huge number of people. Ten dollars isn't a good impulse price. Try $1.99 or $2.99. You have to work with the price/demand curve. At that price people may be willing to buy it just to see what's going on.

4) Slowly develop and learn from all this. You have a game, and no game developer starts out wonderful. Patch the game slowly, listening to feedback. This is your opportunity to see how hundreds of people respond to what you do. Use that to learn, not to make enemies. Take it slow and work on one thing at a time. For instance, some of the things I'm hearing are that the walls seem out of place next to the doors and other assets. Perhaps you could shift the walls to a tone that matches the door frames? If that doesn't seem like something you want to work on, maybe you could work on the structure of the level. Not many complexes have that many doors leading to doors leading to doors. Take a look at floorplans for facilities. Use them as a basis. My friend did a wonderful dungeon crawl based on the floor plan for the Law School his girlfriend studied at.

Above all, don't let the bad stuff get to you. If making games is your passion, the last thing you need is to give it up. People don't learn to walk in one day. It takes months of stumbling, falling, and tears. Don't attack people, or argue with them. This is an opportunity. Make it count.

I'm rooting for you,
~The Kung Fu Chemist~

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Oh hey. That engrish is actually in the about section on the steam page. How about that.

Some next gen graphics in this poo poo though. Maybe those Koreans are on to something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh apparently some YouTube superstar rear end in a top hat made a video about this. Topic locked.

• Locked thread