Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
apple
was better with stebe
should know better than to piss me off
should bring back the iphone 4
is crazy for pricing gold watches over 1k
should make me a sandwich
is doing the best it can
is the worst
checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

It's officially Google Glass 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

ICD-9-CM 989.5 venom injury, bee sting (severe)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Used the heart rate monitor to capture from dead sleep to fighting a structure fire. (i.imgur.com)
submitted 10 hours ago by FedexSentMeAHead

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

quote:

If you think the Industrial Revolution was transformational, the app store is even bigger.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

who would say that ever

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

heh

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

pls don't post pictures of cremnob

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724752&perpage=40

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

quote:

I was invited into the AT&T store this morning, after a long wait, to purchase my iPhone 5. I avoided looking at the display model iPhones on the way in, and averted my gaze from everyone elses iPhones. I wanted to enrich the experience of opening my own iPhone 5, and make it more special than it already would be. The sales rep retrieved the iPhone I requested...

Then he then proceeded to open the iPhone himself, with his back to me.

My stomach sank. Opening an Apple product is a religious experience. It's one of the best things about the first day with your shiny new device. He took that from me. I felt like this sales rep had stolen from me. They were stealing from everyone. No one was opening their new iPhone. Is it not supposed to be special anymore? Then why does Apple continue to spend 3, 5, or 10 times as much on packaging and presentation as other companies?

I took a deep breath, and swallowed the lump in my throat. The sales rep then removed the Lightning USB cord from my box, peeled away the packaging, and stretched out my USB cord between his hands. I looked on, puzzled, as I could see several spare cords the manager had unpacked on the counter.

Then the AT&T rep proceeded to scatter the contents of my iPhone box all over the counter. He peeled off the front and back plastic covers from my iPhone and threw them in the trash. Then he sat the bare iPhone down on the table and pushed it toward his computer.

I can't believe what I am seeing, and I feel incapacitated to do anything about it. I had been awake all night waiting outside, and I didn't really have the energy to say anything.

Finally he was able to set up my new phone, then the rep grabs my iPhone box from the counter and tips it so that my charger falls on the ground. He doesn't even notice that he's lost the charger. He hands me my iPhone box with my USB cord haphazardly mashed in the box.

I had to tell him that he dropped the charger on the ground, and he says "good catch." Yeah...OK. Then I open the box, only to realize that the top tray, manual, stickers, and top part of the box are completely missing. I had to ask for them to be returned.

I finally walk out of the store with my iPhone, and I can tell you unequivocally that they ruined my first impression with the iPhone 5. Having used the phone now for several hours, I love it.. but the way that AT&T handled the launch today was a travesty.

Here's how they should have handled it.

You request the phone you want

The rep retrieves the phone and hands it to you to check.

The rep then encourages you to open your iPhone and shares in your excitement.

Once the phone is open, the rep then respectfully asks to take the phone and goes about his business. He leaves the protective covers on the phone, and lets you take them off at your own will.

He uses a spare USB cable, and leaves yours in the box, factory wrapped.

When your phone is activated and you're ready to go, the rep thanks you for your business, and wishes you the best with your new device.

That's how I wish it would've gone.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm the AT&T rep

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

oh no not the stickers

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
he wants a Japanese tea ceremony but with iphones

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

he should get a job at the AT&T store, then he can open iphones all day and get paid for it :)

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Barnyard Protein posted:

he wants a Japanese tea ceremony but with iphones

geishas who will entertain you with their talents while you wait.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
geishas aren't prostitues though I know this destroys your dreams

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

and they say millennials arent religious

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

from some article by a nontechnical woman

quote:

I actually think I am the intended: a nontech person

quote:

I wanted it to work. I wanted to fall in love, like so many of my friends. “It takes a while,” they said. “Don’t expect a coup de foudre. Let it build over time.”

So I did. I knew other people looked at what I had with envy. But a month and a half after we first got together, I have decided it is time to — well, call time.

I am breaking up with my Apple Watch. The relationship was, despite all expectations, not what I needed. 

Still, I will never regret the weeks we spent together. They taught me some valuable truths about myself.

Granted, all of this would likely pale in importance if the watch were truly transforming my life, as my iPhone has. 

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I no longer wish to gently caress my Applewatch

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
apple fans are hosed up

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

gargle chome posted:

apple fans are hosed up

i ordered an ipone because i need the high speed camera gimmick for reasons, which means i couldn't get an anroid or wandows phone instead

but how can people possibly identify with a stupid piece of hardware so much even if it is very needs suiting :psyduck:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 11, 2015

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
What the hell is wrong with these people

A phone is just there so you aren't bored while pooping

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

DaNzA posted:

my working hypothesis is that this only happens with people with oily/dirty hands, where the oil from the hand get onto the cable and softens the rubber material and eventually degrades and breaks the cable

you can see how the cable has become discoloured/yellowish in the very pic that you've posted

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

io_burn posted:

More from the person looking to strap an Apple Watch around their trotter:

Does that person not understand that its not the size of the watchface, but those loving bands hanging on for dear life, and being stressed beyond what Timb and Jony ever imagined possible?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
i cant get enough of that picture of the apple watch struggling to wrap itself around the loving ham hock

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ANAmal.net posted:

i cant get enough of that picture of the apple watch struggling to wrap itself around the loving ham hock

I'm a big fan of the filthy carpet.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

refleks posted:

Does that person not understand that its not the size of the watchface, but those loving bands hanging on for dear life, and being stressed beyond what Timb and Jony ever imagined possible?

in the left picture its squeezing her fat in almost as deep as the watch is wide smh

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Drastic Actions posted:

Got a new watch face

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

pretty hosed up imho

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

his spindly wrist gives a really good contrast to his new watchface

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol what a dork

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"hmm, i'm committed to buying a pointless gewgaw, how can i make it even less functional...?"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
apple makes both the best computers as well as the worlds most advanced operating system

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sniep posted:

apple makes both the best computers as well as the worlds most advanced operating system

pity about their phones, tablets, and every other product they make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

actually its microsoft that makes windows, not apple!!!

• Locked thread