Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, GWS. I recently started seeing a girl who enjoys cooking as much as I do, and we've got a date set up this weekend. She's going to come over to my place and we're going to cook a meal together!

I've got a modest sized kitchen for a twenty-something living in an apartment and I was searching for good meals that you could bond over. I have a pretty standard residential set up. Four burner stove, oven, a couple crock pots, and all sorts of cookery.

What I'm asking for is any recommendations for meals that could be fun to use as a basis for conversation and offers us each enough room to operate so that we're not just both standing in the kitchen waiting for one item to finish.

There's a site that has a few recipes split into chef/sous-chef roles http://cookingincouples.com/dinners.html But it is pretty limited in it's scope.

I was thinking of multiple simple dishes. Maybe some kind of meat object that could get some preparation before getting thrown in the oven while the other person chops up veggies/ingredients for a stove-top adventure, and then maybe some kind of reduction sauce and them something that can be cold prepared on the side, like guac.

TLDR: I'm looking for a meal that can keep two awkward people busy enough that they don't get weird, but might foster some sort of dialog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread