Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

I'm okay with Firing Range, let's hope the new gen consoles can move past Nuketown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I'll take the making GBS threads on C4 if it means we can get an honest attempt to stop quickscoping.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Mill Village posted:

Take it with a grain of salt (it is VG247, after all), but the DLC for BLOPS 3 may be coming to the PS4 first this time. http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/04/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-may-end-xbox-exclusivity-deal/

PS4 has sold around double the units of Xbone sales, so I could see Activision making that call since Blops3 will be new consoles only.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Javes posted:

Cool, yet another game that is going to be gimped by machines with 512 mb RAM.

http://charlieintel.com/2015/06/09/...ary-technology/

The article already mentions a few things that are getting cut back for old consoles, like only having 2 player campaign co-op rather than 4 player on xbone and ps4. So it might not be as large a setback.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Wazzit posted:

Apparently they are showing off multiplayer at e3. Seems desperate or maybe they realize that no one gives a poo poo about the campaign?

Also multiplayer reveal at Sony?

Sony might have finally paid out for getting DLC earlier, or they're getting exclusive stuff.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Mister Macys posted:

Hearing that MS has been working on an emulator was pretty cool.

It's still up to the developer or publisher to approve it going on the list for backwards compatibility. Even if it's not in favor of a HD remake, they could still never approve MW2 or Blops1/2 for it.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

JetpackJeezus posted:

We even played Safeguard a couple times!

... Until we decided we hated it after losing one game and immediately switched back to Dom. Although, I still call shenanigans on how it somehow determined we lost despite neither team getting the robot to the point in the overtime rounds.

Safeguard was fun, really good when you have thermite grenades. I felt that it's going to end up being really good or really bad depending on the map. Or if they could possibly change the points and routes for the robot.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

It's just going to be released for free later and then become a mandatory map. There is no escape from Nuketown.

I think every Black Ops has had a Nuketown 24/7 playlist at one point, they're not going to break that streak.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Inside Out Mom posted:

Why do they even both with the sp now?

They couldn't get away with $60 for a mp only game. The last-gen versions are only $10 cheaper now, but figure that price is being propped up a bit by the digital copy of Blops1.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Duke Chin posted:

It's like... I WANT to get excited about battlefront cause motherfuckingstarwarswoo but everything I've seen from that game thus far looks boring as gently caress. :sigh:

Miss u guuuurl :canada:

There's a Battlefront beta coming next week, should hopefully let you know if you should pick it up.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Mister Macys posted:

Toast, Javes, and Wazz?

Kill yourself

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Wazzit posted:

LOOK IM BUYING BLACK OPS 3 ISNT THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

Man up and get the season pass and some cases of Dew*.

*Dew only good for Zombies double XP which is double retarded. Though apparently the new flavor of Game Fuel is Berry-Lime so that might actually be decent on it's own.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I don't know if I'd call CoD a good game so much as it's a "reasonable" game. Like choosing an 80's action movie instead of some art house classic award winner. A good way to kill time.

My Stockholm game is Magic, don't have the money or time but I keep playing that poo poo. Holding on to cards that are too good to sell, but they're only used in decks that I can't afford anyways so they just sit in a box waiting for me to have a few grand to drop on the rest of the cards I'd need to actually play with them.

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 6, 2015

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Verticality works when it's only a few points on a map, so the whole map isn't a maze of sniping roofs/windows.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

victrix posted:

People have some real selective memory about Ghosts.

Ghosts is a pretty big haze, been going back to it a few time recently and still finding maps I forgot existed or DLC ones that I never played on. It was decently solid gameplay/netcode but so much of the game isn't memorable. It wasn't as popular/fun as Blops2 and not as big a poo poo show as Advanced Warfare.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Black Ops: Special Victims Unit sounds fun as heck. Is Munch a robot?

You're assuming he wasn't the whole time?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

puppy party posted:

RAPS sucks because it isn't future robot dogs. Stupid rolly balls are dumb. Don't even try to argue with me or I'll kick you out of the party. Jah bless.

In memory of Blops1 dogs, and their coming Xbone backwards compatibility.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFI4ginBfxw

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Hackan Slash posted:

Just can't get enough safeguard?

I'll vote Random Safegaurd until I die

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I'd like to see Chappie take a different route or two, maybe a semi random path? Some of the maps have really bad choke points. Or a version that has two Chappies at once?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

widespread posted:

Also would it be wrong to think that putting Blops 3 codes on Code Red bottles would literally print money?

There's certainly people buying more mountain dew for codes, as well as people who might not normally buy mountain dew at all.

Though having the 2xp codes be Zombies only is pretty loving stupid.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
You'll have that Machinima contract in no time.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Carecat posted:

Scorestreaks should just stay unlocked after your prestige so you actually see the high tiers. What's the point to keeping them as unlocks?

Illusion of progress/ depth of content

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Why did I bother doing school work and errands this afternoon?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

GET MY BELT SON posted:

saggy raped and killed a small boy in 1990

I never knew we'd been playing with Glenn Beck for so long.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Ghosts was a solid decent game, guns and maps were mostly balanced, it just didn't have enough good or bad things to really stand out.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

housefly posted:

The "patch" is 9.3 GB. JFC.

They're shipping the dlc maps as part of the patch, so it's not a separate download.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Drav posted:

Why the gently caress do they keep nerfing the ripper???

Knife running is something everybody wants to do, but hates being done to them.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Drav posted:

Why the gently caress do they keep nerfing the ripper???

Knife running is something everybody wants to do, but hates being done to them.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New guns were patched in. Sucks for that one dude that rolled 1000 keys.

I would pay straight cash for new guns, can say I'm psyched to never get that Garand.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Clearly we all need some hands on testing to get a feel for these new guns.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

widespread posted:

Who the gently caress even drops money on crates anyways. I mean, it's not even P2W in MP. You could make a case for Zombies and Liquid Divinium, since Mega Gumballs can be pretty broken, but not in MP where it's just cosmetics and a "balanced" set of weapons.

Emphasis on balanced.

Still doesn't sit right with people. You could play every day until the next CoD comes out and have lovely enough odds that you never see one drop. Or drop some money and have the same thing happen. I bought CoD points, but my Garand came out of a crate from cashing in the duplicates inside the crates I bought with real money I've got no problem paying for a gun, but I'm not exactly crazy about paying for the chance of a gun.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

victrix posted:

Rolling Thunder
Fixed bug where the Rolling Thunder could be seen on the mini-map by enemies who were not using the Engineer Perk.

Is this really a bug? I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure other CoDs have had rolling thunder/stealth bomber visible on the mini-map.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Wazzit posted:

Can't wait for more COD

^ The story going around with this casket is I guess Nicholas played 3 games of Safeguard with overtime and he died of starvation/loving boredom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axo1XNjB4Qs

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

A question for those of you who loved ghost because of extinction, would you buy :siren:SPACE COD:siren: if it had a new extinction mode tied to it?

I wouldn't buy it solely for Extinction, but I'd at least consider it more of a value towards the cost of the game than I do with Zombies.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Mister Macys posted:

For the slot machine that this game has become:

Skorpion was a fun stupid gun in MW1, clearly an awesome prize.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Hackan Slash posted:

How is everybody confusing Modern Warfare 1 and 2?

So how many years can they scam me into buying their garbage for an included remake? I'll do it for MW1, 2, 3, and possibly blop2.

Assuming it's a download code and not a DLC for Infinite Warfare, you could always buy it separately from ebay/SAmart.

Also, between years of remakes, dlc maps, and nearly a decade of other games in the series, the games start to blend together.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

DStecks posted:

But then it wouldn't be "GRITTY REALISTIC MODERN MILITARY WARFARE" and you'd risk alienating the shitheads who think CoD is cool.

EDIT: My money was on this year being Ghosts 2. I'm really perplexed as to why all 3 CoD studios are now working on completely different weaksauce near-future milscifi.

Future stuff lets them get away from paying people for the rights to have specific guns and attachments, and some of the problematic stuff we've done in any of the wars you'd make a game out of instead.

Plus part of the deal Activision had with West and Zampella gave them money and certain rights on any games made set between WW2 and the Gulf War iirc, though I don't know how long that lasts or what changed after they were fired after MW2.

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 2, 2016

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

How many of you are planning on getting the $80 version.

I'm tentative, assuming they don't sell Modern Warfare separately and what kind of price people are charging for a code.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's pretty crazy that they wasted time making campaigns for BC2, BF3 and BF4 but not for Star Wars Battlefront.

Battlefront may have been a time issue, to get in on hype for The Force Awakens. Dumping a Campaign would have saved them a bunch of time and money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Have they mentioned a time limit on grinding out 75 wins contract?

• Locked thread