Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I can't quite place what bugs me about multiplayer anymore, and why I haven't been liking it. I guess that now it seems like there are so many gadgets and mechanics and killstreaks and strong guns that the game really is just a huge twitch fest. All of them have been to some extent, but the maps are just so -small- now. They have huge arenas at the spawn points but then have just two or three corridors that make up most of the ground and are where the fighting takes place.

The originals had some tight corners but at least there was a lot more space. Now it feels just like a corridor and a game of who can shoot first, not best. That means I don't really feel any accomplishment by doing well; the stars just happened to align.

We will never again see a map like Wasteland in CoD and it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

Hahahaha you still play destiny

Destiny thread gets 200 posts a day still, the AW thread dropped to about 1-2 new posts 2 weeks after release.

AW was pretty horrible though and Ghosts was boring. Hopefully Blops3 is a return to form. I should finally get to try it tonight.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

And 199 of those is just retarded shitposting.

You bought 4 copies of Destiny.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

And you bought a $125 dollar adapter to use a mouse and keyboard on a loving console, if we're gonna have have a dick waving contest here over who threw the most money into the fire, you win hands down buddy.

Which copy of Destiny is your favorite?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Game looks way muddier on the Bone than on the PS4, don't know why.

Geez i wonder why that could be

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

monkeu posted:

Here's a fairly dumb launch error to look out for that may or may not effect your American copies when they go live.

I couldn't get the game to connect to online servers, I just kept getting some weird "A.B.C..." error code and getting kicked back to local play only.

It turns out that when you load the title screen you need to wait to press X to start until some random time when the version number in the top right corner of the screen changes from "33.0.0.0" to something higher (mine is currently 33.1.9.1). However the game gives you no indication that you need to wait or that it's updating, and if you just press X like it tells you to you'll get the error every time and get booted out to local only.

There's a reddit thread about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3roxi9/error_code_abcfgknqsx/

The fun part is that you need to wait for it to happen every time you relaunch the game - like it doesn't stay updated, it reverts to 33.0.0.0 every time you launch it. It also takes a random amount of time to do its thing in the background... sometimes it's like 5 or 10 seconds, sometimes over a minute.

Is Blops 3 any good? I hated AW and I didn't really like the BO3 Beta. I'm in 2 minds about buying this.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

monkeu posted:

edit: though I'd guess if you didn't like the beta you probably wouldn't like the full thing?

Yeah I guess I was hoping the full thing was an improvement. The Beta felt like a laggy janky mess where everyone was using the same gun.

I mean, that kind of sounds like every CoD ever but I really enjoyed most of the previous CoD games (not AW though, that was really bad).

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

1stGear posted:

blops 2 campaign owned gently caress the haters

:qq: a bloo bloo bloo why is some lovely rock band in post-credits joke sequence why isn't my shootmans game taking itself completely seriously:qq:

:agreed:

Nothing like shooting rockets at helicopters from horse back.

Those mini game missions where pretty poo poo though

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

(this is all irrelevant since you should be using a XIM4 to play with a Mouse & Keyboard)

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Apparently some people can get into multiplayer in remastered but only if you join a friend who is currently in multiplayer.

So... anyone manage to get in?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

faantastic posted:

Yeah it is only pirvate matches ATM so no gaining levels, but you can check everything out pretty easily.

Goto PSN menu, highlight COD, press down to access the "communities" tab and join the one that has the most users.
Go to the "Whos Playing" tab and then when you see a group that has room, click join session. You'll be in a private match with random baddies.

I just started MWR today and man I forgot how awesome this campaign was, I don't think I've played a single player game in my life, almost beat it in one poopsock session.

Pro tip. Thanks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Godzilla07 posted:

Is the ACOG M40 still OHK anywhere on the body with Stopping Power? All the other stat oddities from CoD4 seem to still be there, I just want confirmation if the biggest one is still in MWR.

Also you're gonna need many poopsocks.

Tested it and it does

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

RossCo posted:

What were the players like you went up against in MWR? I'm interested because it's a fairly weird self selecting group (with the seperate more expensive bundle and all). Curious to see if it is the sweatiest of lands or more old folks nostalgia based.

Seemed sweaty to me. Almosr everyone was using a M40 and quickscoping with it.

But there were only a small handful of people playing and they were the people who were the most desperate to play. So i guess that's expected.

Will hopefully be better at release. Otherwise i have wasted $130 Australian Earth Dollars.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BobbyBaudoin posted:

play IW, loving lmao.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

^burtle posted:

I got Ghosts and Advanced Warfare but skipped BLOps3.. time to do some soul searching I guess.

Ghosts was good.

AW was a garbage fire.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

Not really. The netcode actually works in Ghosts. And it has Extinction, which was fun.

Yeah the connections in Ghost were good.

AW was "shooting at someone for 2 seconds and then dieing instantly and you didn't fire your weapon in the kill cam, The Game". poo poo was annoying.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Pay to Win. Goodshit.

Think I'll stick to MWR. About to jump on and play it once my wife wakes up

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Infinate Warrfare is such a hug fest you can't even look up your stats in game.

Unless I'm missing something.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

My pro tip is to try out the RAW machine gun.

Kills in 3 shots at any range, as far as i can tell. It is a projectile based weapon though.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Made a video with a bunch of clips talking about my loadout and stuff: https://youtu.be/QQn9gaHFj1E

Have won my last 100 or so games of FFA in a row.

I'm really enjoying the single player in this. The visuals and locations are amazing. Feeling a bit guilty i have this game so much poo poo pre release.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Yeh. MWR is real bad. Cunts either sitting in corners or quickscoping.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

widespread posted:

Don't forget Juggernaut, Last Stand, Martyrdom, 3x Frags, C4 to go with your grenade, grenade launchers...

Yeah i bpught the legacy pack just for MWR. Played it about an hour and haven't touched it since.

Also that game is real bad for me in the 'shot you first then you turn around instakill me and in the kill cam i didn't fire a bullet and im standing still like a moron' department.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

People that think Juggernaut is anything but trash for idiots don't understand basic math, or how the game works.

Yeah its good. Works against all types of damage. Let's you survive quickscopes. Etc.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

You survive 30 extra damage. That's it. Then you need to survive five seconds without further damage to get it back. An SP M16 will still one-burst you.

Against multiple targets, you are DEAD. Against an SP M16 with close range or Host Pro, you are DEAD. Against Sonic Boom, you are DEAD.
Stopping Power works 100% of the time, with every bullet you fire. The best defense is shooting and killing first.

But Jug works against all damage types. Nades, choppers, airstrikes etc. Also let's you survive sniper body shot. And considering every second oval office playing this game is using a sniper, it's not a bad perk.

SP only works when shooting at mans with guns.

Not that i play MWR anymore, because it's trash. But when i do i usually rock SP. But Jugg does have its utility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

If it were damage resistance and not merely a health add on, it would be worth taking, but requiring a full heal to get it back ruins it for anything other than already getting the drop on people.

It literally is 25% damage resistance though: https://youtu.be/i0mQmVg-tG8

In the words of Driftor: "it's a 25% damage resistance. Dont make the novice mistake of thinking it's 25% extra health"

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 14, 2016

• Locked thread