Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I skipped Advanced Warfare despite it looking okay but hey this sounds like the tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Call of Duty is more like Destiny, Halo is more like Call of Duty, Destiny is more like WoW, WHEN WILL IT END?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

el B posted:

When we stop buying this loving game.

Okay but did you see that robot guy with the machine gun arm, looked sick as gently caress, I'll take the collector's edition - NOOOOOOO :gonk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Black Ops 2 had pretty good gun balance. It wasn't perfect, AN-94, M8A1 and MSMC were god tier, but you could pick up basically any gun in the game (except the Executioner or that lovely full auto shotgun) and do well with it. I think BO2's high TTK had a lot to do with this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fibby Boy posted:

Hey. Hey. Hey. gently caress you. All the shotguns were amazing and the executioner loving owned. Not my fault you didn't understand them.

:smug::hf::smug:

I loving love the Remington and the KSG (favorite CoD weapons ever, cross-mapping people with the KSG never got old), but the Saiga and that other full-auto shotgun just didn't do anything for me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's not the fish gun anymore, wtf treyarch. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's fine, honestly. You're basically only using a launcher if you're shooting down scorestreaks, so, you should be able to get the most out of giving up both a point for the launcher and the absence of any other secondary. And VSAT/EMP was basically a match-ender in Black Ops 2, because there was no way to counter it (besides hard-wired and :lol: who the gently caress used hard wired).

That said, I hope it has at least one set of flares.

And, obviously, Launchers should be the only counter. Ghost better not counter it, but it didn't in BO2, so I wouldn't expect it to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The beta for BO3 has gotten me sorta wanting to play CoD again after I didn't really touch Advanced Warfare and I'm thinking about getting one on the cheap. What game is better/which one are goons playing until BO3 comes out, BO2 or AW?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hi I'm about to order this dumb game for idiots from Amazon, will they let me preload if I get a digital code or will I be waiting until Ghosts 2 comes out and is poo poo before I can play.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Physical copy it is, then.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roman posted:

if it's about using amazon gift cards or something just buy psn cards. you can preload if you buy off psn store

Whoop, wish I'd known that before I went and ordered the physical copy. Oh well.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can't wait for the map pack

For once Activision can't ruin a developer because King was already even bigger assholes than they are. It's actually kinda perfect.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mister Macys posted:

Just kidding, Scandinavian countries are pretty awesome and you're kung fu hockey is great. :canada:

He said Finland, not Sweden.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roman posted:

booted up some Ghosts for laughs. Every level was either all blue or all brown. Wow those sub-30 framerate dips. I paid money for that poo poo.

I returned it and bought Pokemon X after like, three days.

Also Ghosts was poo poo except for the Bane bad guy, who was hilaribad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roman posted:

Where Ghosts ultimately fell flat for me was being based around TDM instead of objectives. You couldn't have even had Hardpoint in Ghosts because you died way too fast. Black Ops 2 made throwing yourself at the objective fun and not a waste of time even if you were solo with randoms. It'll be nice to play another CoD that lets you do that.

In Ghosts Kill Confirmed, picking up a tag was worth less than getting a kill.

That is so backwards and sums up the screwy priorities in Ghosts perfectly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

victrix posted:

This isn't even true :pwn:

Let's make up random poo poo about CoDs: Black Ops 2 was bad because the attack crocodile killstreak was DLC only

Oh no you caught me, I guess I just like to make up random poo poo about bad games except oh wait.

CoD Wiki posted:

After a patch, collecting tags now counts as half a point towards the player's strike chain.

Guess not.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mister Macys posted:

Already did that. We're up to 56 people now.

(None of whom will play after a month, or send invites even on day one :effort: )

How do I join this community

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stux posted:

there were playlists that removmed the movement stuff in aw and assumabky will be in blops 3 too

Nah Vondy confirmed every mode has the jumpy jumps.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SilentW posted:

i promise i will before Destiny sucks me back in like the hoover-attached fleshlight it is

Should be fine, Destiny won't have much going on besides King's Fall Challenge Mode and Trials of Osiris for the next little while.

Mister Macys posted:

Watch Fight Club until you believe in its message. #Bernitdown

You can't search a Community specifically, it's in the player's profile only (may change).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjuLRgq7CAg
tl;dw - Search Mister_Macys -> Communities -> Join Community/Send Request
You can also search the profile of a friend you know is already in a community you wish to join, too.

Baller, thanks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

victrix posted:

lmao@NotXur

Use your strange keys to buy cosmetic engrams loot crates from him!

God, Vondy really loved Destiny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gravity Spikes seems aggressively, hilariously terrible.

I tried to use it four times and died all four times before it triggered. And the game decided to punish me by removing half of my meter for each of these. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zaphod42 posted:

A lot of the weapon supers, as cool as they seem, are way too situational and its too hard to know ahead of time when to use them.

As a result I've favored the ability supers instead, like running fast or having armor or seeing people through walls. (h4x)

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go fast with a shotgun for now. Using Gravity Spikes, especially in Kill Confirmed, just seems like guesswork more than anything.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Got a RAPS in a Care Package.

Blown up by a Lightning Strike before I could pick it up and spawned on the other edge of the map. :downs:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What's the best way to play with goons, is there a PS4 community I can join or something?

Mister Macys posted:

The PS4 group is up to 70 people; spam invites if you got space, playing with goons means victory! :patriot:

Yeah, spam one right here. ViewtifulJeff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mill Village posted:

I don't play this game anymore, but this clip is amusing.

https://gfycat.com/VigorousShorttermIcelandichorse

:doink:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, quick question, is the Annihilator un-aimable garbage or am I just terrible at video games? Thanks in advance. .

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Who wants to play tonight.

Sure. I finished up all the pre-Hero poo poo with Seraph so now I need to grind out like 500 kills with robot man.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Man, does anyone else have problems with lag in this game? I had to quit Advanced Warfare because the lobbies got too laggy, and it is even worse in this one. I am literally rubber-banding and people are warping around like the a Japanese horror movie ghost. It really sucks because I've really liked these last two CoDs a lot, but it is just unplayable for me. I don't know if it is on my end or there are less lobbies or they hosed something up with the netcode.

It's been pretty good to me, better than most CoDs. Sometimes I get people chop-monstering around, but it's pretty infrequent.

I only rubberband if my connection is absolute crap at the time, so I think it's on your end. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So outta curiosity, how do you guys get together to play?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well then get ready to eat Friend Requests, idiots!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't totally understand it, but apparently the new shotgun damage mechanics mean that the Brecci and Haymaker are pretty okay candidates for a suppressor.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yo I'm down to play tonight. I will grind kills on my robot man in preparation for grinding kills with my robot man's robot gun and other robot men.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mister Macys posted:

Here's the video. For whatever reason, it only recorded my chat audio.

Alternate video title: "Ernest Goes to Camp"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLfbiUIZwc

I don't remember who said it, but, "With these supply drop odds, you never stood a chance." Should be the new thread title. :haw:

This is why Blackcell/Engineer is required in most of my loadouts. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That seems like a pretty tangible buff for the HVK and the Vesper. Interested to see how the KRM and Haymaker stack up to the Brecci now.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 18, 2016

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drav posted:

Yes it is. Pump shotgun is hilarious now. Like more hilarious.

How're the Vesper/Haymaker/HVK?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A good-ish way to do Gravity Spikes is Nuketown at the start of the second round of some round-based mode.

You'd be surprised how often people leave the backdoor open. Also run silenced so if you do gotta kill somebody, they don't see you coming.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hahahahahah gently caress you for that first one, that's beautiful.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't notice any jumpy poo poo, so I'm assuming this one is boots on the ground despite it being the furthest game in the future yet.

Also, there's no Extinction.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I think I'll just keep playing Black Ops 3. Maybe I'll get Dark Matter!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, man, is it just me or is Infinity Ward seriously obsessed with the "WE GOT INVADED :gonk:" storyline? It's like 'cause MW2 used it and they so desperately want to be Old Infinity Ward, they gotta basically do the exact same story over and over again with mildly different hats.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The bit in Black Ops 2 where you're an undercover agent and you have to choose whether or not to shoot your ally to maintain your cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The one where you play an innocent family in Paris that gets brutally killed by a chemical attack.

Had to be an American family though 'cause pfft who cares about Euros.

• Locked thread