Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Quabzor posted:

Was this the clip when zerms was laughing so hard it just came out "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
What a great match.

And is everybody forgetting the PM63?

I'm sorry, all I remember is dual wielding Skorpions and Pythons at the same time because gently caress you.

No really. Just feels good runnin' around with ammo hogs having to fleece the poo poo off of everyone I kill just so I get another mag in.

Side note, tranzit 2: electric boogaloo when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I'm more weirded out about the kill confirm mechanic. Like, it's fine that High Caliber is just "Damage Boost: The Attachment" for now. But I don't think I've played enough games to see much of the Kill Confirm things. As in, I only remember Loadout having similar stuff.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Kill Confirm has been a game mode in COD since MW3.

Oh. That's why I don't recognize it. Never did multiplayer past COD4.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Call me slowpokin', but after reading (no longer) spoilers, I just had to see the trailer. All I can say is that the amount of "I'm okay with this" is loving massive.

Side note: the grungy-looking poster that doesn't look outta place as either a thrash metal cd cover or something.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

West007 posted:

If this game was for 10€ I'd consider buying it, on PC. Why anybody plays FPSes on a console is beyond me.

Will there be a PC beta soonish or...?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Amstrad posted:

PC Beta starts on the 26th.

Oh poo poo. Not sure if I should start saving and pre-order this drat thing, or focus on more HDD space.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JESUS CHRIST, IT NEVER ENDS.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh yeah, probably should ask how the gently caress do I git gud at multiplayer. Like, sure I'm near level 7 or 8 with at least 10 Cryptokeys and a pull on that slot machine thing. Also I'm still running the KN-44, maybe dabbling in the Brecci and snipers which feel good than previous snipers idk why

And I would ask to git gud at Zmobies but I feel pretty good at it. The Season Pass and The Giant are definitely on my list, can't just keep playing Shadows of Evil forever.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Quabzor posted:

Essentially. Ask questions and play a lot. You really can't get good at this game as a casual player unless at some point in the past you were poopsocking an earlier cod.

I've got like 40 days played in blops and just never really got back into these games. I'm honestly happy with sitting at a .75 k/d considering I do stupid poo poo all the time.

Okay. So I guess I should ask: What the gently caress should I burn my limited unlock tokens on? By my last count, we only get 54 tokens per prestige. Also, full auto or burst fire? Run-and-gun or go slow? You know, stuff a goon would say where said goon stopped at CoD4 in terms of Multiplayer.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Game is poo poo.

WELL AT LEAST I WON'T DIE TO VMP'S. And I'll die more to Vespers anything not an SMG jesus gently caress.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Cadetcons posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you liked the HVK, you'll love the Man'o'War.

I'm maining the KN-44, and the Man'o'War looks like a straight upgrade.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JaySB posted:

It's not. I mean the Man O War is pretty good. All the AR's are decent. But it has a long reload.

Ohhh, so it needs Sleight of Hand or whatever the faster reload perk is.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I just join drunkenly yell then get mad when everyone doesn't want to play my fav game mode: zombies

Now here's a question for you. Shadows of Evil or The Giant.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Speaking of upgrading weapons, how the gently caress should I upgrade my non-action shotguns? Does more accuracy and range even do any noticeable thing?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Swagger Dagger posted:

Watching good players is showing me that I need to jump a LOT more than I do now.

Yeah, I had to grab Perk 1 Greed since I consider Afterburner so integral.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

https://www.g2a.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-nuk3town-steam-cd-key-global.html

You mean $34 for PC. Unless G2A isn't allowed.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Finally, another perk worth running in Slot 2.

I actually thought that might be good since I can rarely get a UAV going, if at all. But then again, the idea of Hard Wired exists.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Hackan Slash posted:

Rapid fire is approximately a 6% ROF boost. It is one of the few ways to increase ttk, but the increase is so small that I don't think it's worth it.

On any AR it would be much better to use high caliber and long barrel (non-94 division).

The gently caress do you mean by non-94 division? Just guns that aren't in a certain subset or something?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Welp, I guess I should get Prophet. Got his Good Game Gesture. What's better: Tempest or Glitch?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So on a whim, I unlocked the Vesper, Primary Gunner 1, and Overkill. I regret the latter two, though with PG1 not as much.

Also I learned the joys of BlackCells and Scorestreak destroying.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

You can use paintshop with it, not sure about rainbow because the decals aren't showing up.

I was gonna ask why the gently caress I can't put stupid decals on my gun.

Also I learned that Domination is so much better for general experience and whatnot. I even got to pop my first few scorestreaks due to capping. :toot:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Something tells me I'm getting the Policia camo for the BlackCell first. Also I wish decals were on again so I can put "Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry" on it.

Unrelated, GOD DAMMIT I DON'T EVEN HAVE IT UNLOCKED YET WHY

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

limited posted:

Maybe you hi- Wait, what? :stare:

Thanks for reminding me about the trophy system by the way. It's much better this time around because it doesn't disappear after two intercepts, so you can keep getting points without even risking a bullet. :getin:

Huh, guess that's my next unlock whenever I get it.

Also, thoughs on the Gorgon? A 2hk on an LMG sounds pretty spiffy if you ask me.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Okay can someone tell me why the gently caress I get the Connection Interrupted thing on my end. I mean, it's usually when I fire it up but... well, what can at least minimize it?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

see my link about Phantom Squad... its getting closer to Christmas, expect a DDoS attack.

Which is funny because they seem to be going for the console servers. Us PC users will be laughing at their shittiness all the way to Prestige. As I cry over how I still can't get a solo match of SoE running consistently. Or as I cry over no access to The Giant.

Mill Village posted:

The game is being dumb tonight. I had one right in the middle of a round that lasted about 30 seconds or so.

Oh cool. It's not my lovely net.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

How many COD Points do I have to buy to fix the loving netcode in this game?

Buy CP until your card bleeds dammit.

THEN AGAIN, I got this from a 10 Cryptokey drop. I'm assuming I want Seraph's Annihilator?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Looks like PC is having a free weekend on steam if anyone wants to pub stomp that for a bit

I might because I just downed two bottles of Game Fuel, one of each flavor. The red one tastes better by the way.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Code Red is delicious. Add a squeeze of lime and some (good) vodka/tequila.

But it's not Code Red. It's some Citrus Cherry flavor. So chances are there's already lime in the red Game Fuel.

Also would it be wrong to think that putting Blops 3 codes on Code Red bottles would literally print money?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

funkmeister posted:

I just wish the dew codes weren't for zombies.

BrokenKnees posted:

There's certainly people buying more mountain dew for codes, as well as people who might not normally buy mountain dew at all.

Though having the 2xp codes be Zombies only is pretty loving stupid.

I can sorta see what they were going for here. I mean, for one, remember the LAST time Multiplayer had Dew-ble XP? Wasn't it not only a money-printing scheme but also severely frowned upon? Though I could be misremembering things. Plus, as of now, there are some people without a season pass, so they can't do the grind on The Giant like a sane person would. Addendum, Shadows of Evil can get pretty loving complicated despite being a level for a mode that is literally "Shoot Things: The Mode", barring Easter Eggs.

Then again, I will agree that Multiplayer's grind is a bit steep in some cases too. I am a bad, so I only see about 5-6k xp on a normal day on Domination only, with probably less Weapon XP for weapons I really really want to give better mods to. And about 10 or so more Scorestreak Destructions closer to the penultimate BlackCell camos.

All in all, yes, more Multiplayer XP is fine, but I'd rather it be a legit 2XP weekend instead of Dew-ble XP. Don't wanna poison my body or Mother Earth with whatever the gently caress Dew and Doritos are made of just so I can have one more hour of Dew-ble XP.

I'm coining the term "Dew-ble XP", loving sue me.

RossCo posted:

Warning: Silly question incoming.

Do people dislike skill based matchmaking because it reduces the amount of easy kill fodder they get to work over, or is there some other issue?

From a purely detached point of view putting people in a lobby with others of approximately the same skill level would seem like a good thing.

Well duh on all accounts. Some CoD Kiddies are dumb for believing they're entitled to le epick skillshotes or whatever the flying gently caress kids are doing these days.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

If you're a poo poo player, the match bonus you get will be higher than your actual score, so it's just a matter of putting in the time.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. I mean, some of the matches I tend to see fucknasty HUGE match bonuses.

So yeah, I'm bad.

Dalai Trauma posted:

saw my first power core in like 3 weeks. Put 2 and a bit clips in it before some prick walks up, unloads and gets the kill.

loving game

BlackCells, mang. :eng101:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dalai Trauma posted:

I haven't ran one in...Well 3 weeks. As power core was the only thing left I needed for the master card I figured I'd use the point on something else.

I am a moron, to confirm.

It's a very useful thing if you got UAV/CUAV/any and all airships from the enemy team. It's a bit tricky to nail ground units, as well as the Care Package couriers though. I got more Scorestreak Kills than I do regular Kills. :smith:

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

People getting mad at me for using the KRM. I love this game.

How do I make this gun good? I keep shooting people and 99% of the time it takes a second shot to kill them.

Attachments wise? I want to say Long Barrel/Rapid Fire or something else? Does the spread tighten with more accuracy?

EDIT: Those two seem to be good, as well as Fast Mags, Laser, MAYBE an Optic?

widespread fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 19, 2015

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Alright, so Fast Mags and Rapid Fire are your go-to for the KRM. Unless you really want that accuracy, in which case either trade out Rapid Fire for Laser Sight, or consider Primary Gunfighter... assuming Rapid Fire doesn't reduce hipfire accuracy.

But yeah, I think I'll stop running Ante Up and Hard Wired on all my classes since the guy you linked pointed out that Quickdraw/Fast Hands is very palatable.

... but, what'd be some better Perk 1 or Perk 3 choices all around? Blind Eye and/or Afterburner? Ghost?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Welp, I dunno if I can get Battle or Chameleon. Should I get Ardent and go right to XM53 unlocks?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Here's Reddit's shocking proof that SBMM is in the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOiDZnjSAZU

See, by not showing his scores in his previous matches, he can say that SBMM doesn't exist because we never see how much of a bad he was.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Yes it is.

The thing is that this game is 70% connection issues.

Question: Is it Treyarch's fault for the lousy netcode or is it Activision's fault?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

RossCo posted:

Treyarch. You can blame publishers for a lot (poor overall design choices can be inflicted, bad business models, rushed releases are all prime examples of publisher badness). The actual implementation of networking is smack bang in the developers wheelhouse, I cannot imagine an external producer wandering by and expressing an opinion on the approach to connection optimisation in any scenario (they'll be too busy sticking their oar into shinier features).

Edit: With one small caveat. The developer could ask for the budget to host dedicated servers and when the publishers stopped:

(a) Looking up what that was
(b) Laughing

they would say no.

So let me get this straight. For PC users, they tried to go for dedicated servers, but when Activision said no, they had to slap together the networking? Or was Treyarch always bad with netcode?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So I managed to get both the Man-O-War and Nomad's H.I.V.E.

How the gently caress do I use 'em well in a game full of spray-and-pray.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

DLC 1 Trailer. Verticality is dead, long live underwater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX_pzLnnmE8

But can we ride the waterslides. Also, how good was this Hijacked nukeboat map from Blops 2?

And also, Razorback/Black Market Melees in Zombos when.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

RossCo posted:

Exactly my reaction.

"Oh god, am I really going to buy a CoD season pass?"

I was gonna buy it for the cheaper price, but since the combination of nukeboat, the giant, and waterBLOODslides :black101:, I might consider forking the full $50.

widespread fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Good thing no one on PC buys DLC, simplifies my financial poor decisions.

Also if I ever need my blood pressure to spike I just think about ADS slowdowns

Or you could pretend this is the KN-44 in the hands of a tryhard.

• Locked thread