Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://instagram.com/p/2CV7ctRFbk/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Pretty much my problem with AW was just the guns. They mostly were boring, didn't even look cool, and pistols were useless. BO2 guns were great and the word is that BO3 pistols will be really good again.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Domination is round-based again, but its no longer timed. The round ends after a team earns 100 points.
True, but the second round ends at 200 points.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

kenny powerzzz posted:

I'd gladly play that.
It almost existed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYCsHuqjOo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I haven't played that much but it has a good blops 2 + titanfall feel to it. More interesting than AW. Still not sure I'm going to buy it because I'm still on the Destiny train (still burned after spending $100 on AW and barely playing it) and I'd rather stick to one multiplayer shooter and get gooder at it than jump back and forth between games.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Treyarch just extended the beta to tomorrow. Monday 10 PM PST

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://community.callofduty.com/co...y-black-ops-iii

For anyone still on PS3/360: No campaign, paint shop, or e-sports stuff. Just multi and zombies. $49.99 w/free download of Black Ops 1

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Superanos posted:

I have now spent 100 dollars on this game. First time ever buying COD DLC.
Please don't quit after a month, I need to justify my game+season pass purchase.
i spent the same on AW + season pass digital edition. played the campaign and like 5 matches and never touched it again

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ghosts had great guns and Carl aka the Support Squadmate was great until IW decided he was too fun and nerfed him

The botmodes were also great practice until the DLC maps hosed the bots up somehow and IW removed the difficulty settings higher than Normal, making them useless

Those were a couple of almost nice things I was able to say about Ghosts

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ok gently caress it i bought it because it's about that time again where i need a break from Destiny

i know it's not cool to like Nuketown but i like chaotic deathmatch and it looks like it will be crazy with the new mechanics

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

have fun on last-gen

http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/11/02/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-playstation-3-version-screens-surface-online/

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VJeff posted:

Hi I'm about to order this dumb game for idiots from Amazon, will they let me preload if I get a digital code or will I be waiting until Ghosts 2 comes out and is poo poo before I can play.
amazon will send you a code day of release.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VJeff posted:

Physical copy it is, then.
if it's about using amazon gift cards or something just buy psn cards. you can preload if you buy off psn store

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I've never seen any DLC on Steam that let you uninstall it once you get it, but I could be wrong

Just noticed that the dew/doritos 2XP is for zombies only so I guess I won't have to gain another 50 lbs after all

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

apparently BO3 sales on steam jumped way up when mod/map tools were announced

if Treyarch doesn't deliver, people will be furious and claim they won't buy CoD ever again

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Waiting on the Black Friday deals to buy a console. Hoping for a good one.
ps4 for $299 with free game from Sam's Club. It's a doorbuster so prepare to die without dignity

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

i would feel dumber about buying it if it weren't for the beta

imagine if there wasn't a beta and horseshit like the Rejack as originally designed made it to launch day

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

yeah they actually seem to be going all out on PC. but if after all that and it doesn't do well there this time around it's back to poo poo ports.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

booted up some Ghosts for laughs. Every level was either all blue or all brown. Wow those sub-30 framerate dips. I paid money for that poo poo.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Where Ghosts ultimately fell flat for me was being based around TDM instead of objectives. You couldn't have even had Hardpoint in Ghosts because you died way too fast. Black Ops 2 made throwing yourself at the objective fun and not a waste of time even if you were solo with randoms. It'll be nice to play another CoD that lets you do that.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zombies is popular because most of the playerbase have never played Left 4 Dead. Actually If CoD Zombies levels had a saferoom like L4D or some such ending to levels I might play it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Amazon just shipped my copy UPS but UPS.com won't let me have them hold the package at the UPS Store. If i miss it because I'm at work I won't be happy.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well if you live in New Zealand the game is all launched http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Call%20of%20Duty%3A%20Black%20Ops%20III

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks great so far. Maps look good. Disappointed in apparent lack of Combat Training like mode, but that's it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mill Village posted:

You can play against Bots in Private Matches.
BO2 combat training gave 1/2 xp and unlocks, had matchmaking, and didn't even track stats. it was the only playlist you could play hardpoint and demolition in as the game got older. it was the best.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

unclenutzzy posted:

gently caress a PC, gently caress a campaign, maybe i'll buy a new console after thanksgiving if it really plays horribly
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/call_of_duty_black_ops_3/features/article/does_black_ops_3_really_look_that_bad_on_xbox_360_and_ps3.html

quote:

At one point during our testing, simply looking at a wall caused the framerate to dive.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Double XP is for zombies I think.
Correct. That'll save me 50 lbs and a few teeth.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

victrix posted:

Audio mix is horrible though :( Everyone in the party complained about it, really annoying, had to crank volume to hear the game well.
That also was a problem with BO2, especially on PC. No idea what they're thinking with that stuff. I think "Treyarch Mix" was the best option

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

StoicFnord posted:

Gorgon LMG is legit good. The two shot at any range is real.
could explain all the instadeaths i'm getting. MW3 style instadeaths all day

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

anyone else get kicked off the servers just now (PS4)?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

yeah, online campaign progress and offline are different which is stupid

continuing from the safehouse sent me to the previous mission. so i quit and started the new mission manually, but that sent me back to the safehouse. seems to work now, though

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

BO2 had some poo poo networking at the beginning too and it got straightened out. I was hoping they would have avoided that this time by having a beta but here we are.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I was finally getting a feel for the game and started doing well, so the game rewarded me by kicking me off the servers

I did notice that if you join a game in progress and lose, it says that the loss doesn't count against you. So that's nice of them I guess.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A common theme in Black Ops is that the "heroes" are all kinda nasty cunts. Hmm could this maybe be intentional?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I've found out that with rare exception, everyone is constantly one second ahead of me because time travel netcode. So the only way I can get kills in any mode are camping in the back with the Gorgon..

So if you see people doing that, maybe it's not because they're being dicks who like playing that way, but because it's the only way they can actually survive in this loving game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Scalia would own as BLOPS DLC. Didn't a war criminal help write BLOPS2?
Ollie North. And he even had a cameo!

Even in the MW games, usually the average joe army grunt is portrayed as good guys just doing their job, but every other character is... unpleasant

But because the games don't show average joe army grunts curb stomping Afghan babies, the games are considered Ooh-rah go USA jingoistic which really isn't the case if you're paying attention.

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 8, 2015

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

victrix posted:

I think I owe Treyarch an apology, this game is... is... actually p good.
I mean the netcode is still garbage and the connectivity issues in TYOOL 2015 are unbelievable, but that's cod being cod.
I'm also enjoying listening to people declare every weapon in the game 'OP' after ten minutes of use.
Everyone else's gun seems OP to me, so good they cancel out seeing my own gun firing in the killcam

The content in the game is great but I am actually wishing I had a PC that could run it just for dedicated servers.

(If console also has dedicated servers, then lol)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hey when I luck into being the guy a full second ahead of everyone else the game is pretty fun

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

this explains a lot
i almost feel better now. almost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

nnnotime posted:

I get usually 50+ FPS but in some non-combat scenes the framerate drops to 30.
If you mean in-game-engine cutscenes, they play on PS4 at 30 fps even though the gameplay runs at 60. I assume they might be the same way on PC

• Locked thread