Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Do they have like 24-48 hour codes for XBL? I'd jump on to BLOPS with y'all but I ain't paying $25 to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Quabzor posted:

I could probably check my old games for ones I never used.
If there's another retro night that'd be swell. They have 1 month cards for like 6 bucks, but they're physical only.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

beaner69 posted:

Dang I guess I'll have to wait a whole month to not buy the dlc.
I've been doing it for years. It's not so bad :unsmith:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

The BLOPS games, COD4 and MW2 are in the top ten so I think there's a good chance we can (eventually) play them on Xbone. Why would Activision turn down a chance to make more money?
I don't think they're really making money though because you can use discs you already own.

Fibby Boy posted:

Cuts into the potential profit that the new games would make.
And that too.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Can't wait for Stu to have to put up a giant blingee gif about THIS IS NOT THE PC THREAD FUCKTARDS

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Wait, headshots aren't already all OHK?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I didn't use the KSG because I'm bad at aiming, however Remington on nukeboat was glorious.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Every year I think "I probably won't get CoD this year" and then I do and every year it falls off a little sooner. I miss big goon groups, if people don't get this is any dumb shooter on the radar? Battlefront?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
So if you preorder you get into beta? Hmm, might do that and then cancel pre-ship if it's terrible.

Oh who am I loving kidding I'll end up buying it anyway :shepicide:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I can join in idiocy on PS4. I have some of you (Zombie and Javes). I'll go download beta now.

E: Here, have some codes.

taken

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 19, 2015

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fibby Boy posted:

K. I will not be streaming tonight because the download is taking forever. First thing when I get off work tomorrow though.
PSN is retarded, try pausing and unpausing it. I went from 99 hours to 40 minutes.

e: just finished. I can put up a stream but I'm terrible

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 19, 2015

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Duke Chin posted:

I've skipped the last 3 or 4 CODs and I come back to see the net code is still just as loving slanted and atrocious as it has always been since MW1. Hahah gently caress this reskinned garbage game.
I thought it was pretty good :shrug: There were a couple of times I had 3 bars but that's just as likely my ISP as Treyarch.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Well for a while there we were running with a 6 man goon crew, making GBS threads all over people. Just like old times :unsmith:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

Yep, read a few reports of hard system locks requiring a cord pull too
Yep, got that yesterday. Had another hardlock but the system reset itself. At first I thought it was a heat issue but the surface was cool to the touch.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Wow the Sheiva is a real piece of poo poo gun
I haven't been a big fan so far, says 2 hit kill but I've plugged 4 into the torso without them dropping.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Matchmaking seems to be a bit hosed right now, sitting in empty lobbies for 10 minutes at a time for every game type. PSN MosquitoJones if you want to sit in a lobby together.

e: just got dropped into a game that was 8 on 3 wtf

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 21, 2015

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

are the servers super hosed up right now for anyone else
Yeah unable to get into games and when I do the connection is dogshit.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

I'll be on around nine or ten again, so try not to burn out until after I arrive, okay? :buddy:
I'm going out tonight with real humans so eat and drink. But there's always tomorrow :buddy:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Hackan Slash posted:

Black hat takes forever to hack something, it's usually not worth hacking a UAV/CUAV, just shoot it down with the launcher.

The real place black hat shines is hacking things like the wraith or raps dropship. It's crazy how you get to take it over. I think you need multiple black hats, bigger streaks have "firewalls", which I luckily found out when someone tried to hack my hatr.

Also, the initial lmg is totally more m60 than lsat. I think it's always a 3hit kill? Putting rapid fire on it is great.

New shotgun is great, it just suffers from the lag problem all guns do, where strafing makes a bunch of shots miss. If they're moving towards/away from you or you have host pro it owns bones.
Yeah hacking Wraiths and RAPS ships is fun as hell. Takes forever though and many times I just get blown up in the attempt because you have to stand out in the open like a retard. However, having a RAPS halfway through its pattern start dropping hostile bombs on the person who called it in is funny as poo poo. UAVs and trip mines only take 1, most everything else is 2. That seems a fair compromise.

And it's hilarious seeing how latency varies from game to game. It's really obvious with the small map rotation. Macys and I were playing last night and we could get the same map twice in a row against the same people and one game I'd have a 2.8 KDR and the next 0.47. If it was at least consistent I could probably learn to adjust.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

dragon enthusiast posted:

you get spawn trapped way too easily in this game
FTFY. I said last night it seems like they're just throwing poo poo at the walls to see what sticks when it comes to spawns. Got killed 3x by the same guy because he was running in a straight line and I kept spawning directly in front of him. Popped up once in the other team's spawn and got shot in the back by somebody who spawned in behind me. Also spawning in directly in someone's LoS seems common too. Seems like they did tweak flipping the spawns faster though which helps some.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I don't know what the gently caress is going on with the servers but I just shut it down after every time I would get in a firefight the screen would lock up on my end and the other guy would shoot the equivalent of a mannequin on their end.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How does PSN compare with Xbox Live these days? Hardly a day goes by where some app or function isn't fully functional.
Functional for the most part, occasionally goes down but it's not constant. PSN's biggest problem is the incredibly lovely download speeds which can sometimes be fixed by pausing and resuming your download. PSN speed has always been poo poo.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It's just not acceptable in this day and age for services we all pay for. This never seems to happen to Steam.
I agree it's poopy and dumb. It's the internet, FFS, surely there are at least a couple people out there that know how it works and can make an online service that isn't a piece of garbage.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Wazzit posted:

Why would anyone want to customize this lovely low budgeted cyborg man?

I want to paint him pink :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

OneDeadman posted:

maybe Nuketown will actually be good this year because they'll change it to accomodate wallruns or something
As long as I can lay down in the garage with a LMG and shoot fuckers as they spawn it will be great.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BurritoJustice posted:

Playing shooters with a controller is like eating soup with a fork.
Well, I see someone's too young to remember a certain ad campaign for Campbell's Chunky Soup...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
All I want is one big open map where hushing is an option. gently caress Nuketown for the third time, give me Wasteland 3.0.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

I always thought the criticism of Stonehaven was kind of funny, because if it had some nice tall patches of grass, that's exactly what it would have been.

And yes, in general, gently caress flat maps with no soft cover. Gimme hills and valleys and grass.

I don't even like ghillie suits and I still enjoyed levels that had that type of terrain.

Overgrown :qq:
Yeah I'm one of those weirdos who didn't mind Stonehaven at all, though the design led to everyone running around that area at the back of the map. Playing HC with a silenced MK14 was the best.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

:cry:

(i didn't get to unlock C4 in the beta. how terrible is/was it?)
It's not burstable so it's mostly useless. I guess you can still throw it on points to blow up unobservant people but they took all the fun out :(

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Wazzit posted:

Currently MGSV, but am ALWAYS down for Titanfall.
I made my horse poo poo on a guy last night after I killed him. This should be added to CoD.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I don't feel it's truly a CoD thread until a PC person who has never posted in a previous thread asks about specs and then when we tell them it's the console thread we get called a bunch of scrubby faggots before they gently caress off to never be seen/post again.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Do any of the PS4 goons want to give MGO a try? I played some last night and it would be 1000 times better with you weirdos than pubbie weirdos. Give us something to shoot until blops drops.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Duke Chin posted:

Yes please. Tonight after work. Let's do this.
What's your PSN? I don't think I have you on my list.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Inside Out Mom posted:

I just bought MGS5 like an hour ago. I don't know if I"ll be in the multiplayer right away, but I know I'll be playing it a lot very soon. It may delay me getting Blops3 but whatever. Blops will always be there.
This is an incorrect opinion, spergy weirdos will always be playing MGO but the population (at least goon-wise) on CoD will drop precipitously after 2 months :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I've got you Boston. I'll add Metal and Duke if he ever posts his PSN :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Are we still on for MGS Online tonight ? I'll try to be back tonight to play.
I'm playing SWBF beta (which is fun so far) but if you see me on shoot me an invite for MGO.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

venutolo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkIdOXSThFo

Blops1 had such good grenade spots and you could throw the grenades far. I loved dropping grenades on flags over buildings.
And going the opposite way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dAceaIZwzk

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Sub Base server room camping with claymores and Scavenger :laugh: Just reposition the claymore every 5 explosions or so, people would keep running in there.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

lmao are you kidding me

this is loving ridiculous. like worse than the regular dewritos bullshit
I want guacamole so it looks like a baby alien poo poo all over me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Funkmaster General posted:

since I've got Halo for competitive multiplayer
:cawg:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Halo and FO4? You have chosen poorly, friend.

• Locked thread