Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Another mentally ill dude who is going to get this no matter what, checking in. Im Prrobly going to get the awesomest edition too.

And judging from the trailers, it has a definite chance of living up to, or even exceeding, the masterpiece of epic win that was advanced warfare.

Will there be any reason to play destiny whatsoever after getting this game? Are there going to be clans only for playing the campaign in co-op? Whats the over under on terminator or chappie DLC? Consider me hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Is anyone else gonna be dumb enough to buy this on PS4

Like me.

I am. PS4 has a large install base actually, I don't have trouble finding games at all. There's also the 1080p60 thing, lol.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Nighthand posted:

How's this? $350 for the AssCreed bundle + some basketball game + a year of Live.

Pass, doesn't come with Dewrito's. Seriously speaking though if I get one I'll get it for Halo 5.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Yep, I'm so going to get that juggernog edition. They included a useful item this time!

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
So I played the beta a bit and gunfeel is generally on point and very well done. Love the aesthetic too.

My problem is with the movement scheme as it applies to most peoples controllers. If you want to do what they do in the videos, you cant really be switching your thumb from the face buttons and the stick. This is worse than cod aw because in cod aw you used left stick to boost, plus you cant slideshot and shoot with twisting your finger or having a scuf setup. I hope they add more control schemes. Putting jump and slide on the shoulder buttons should be an option.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Mill Village posted:

When the netcode and the hit detection cooperate you can get good things like this. In my case I just get melted when using a shotgun 95% of the time.

yeah its definitel hit or miss

Otoh the shieva emr just destroys lol. pretty sure if you put hi caliber on it you get 1 shot headshot kills

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

the real question I have is what platform is yeyo buying this for

ps4

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

yeeeee

btw if you were as late to the party as I was here you go

FRIEND TOKEN: E76G-7MNR-HFR8
FRIEND TOKEN: QN9B-7GNF-A4CM

I got the beta alrwady cause I bought the mini fridge version hehe

Ill try to find you on psn (im forest246)

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
So I really like the Shieva (SMR/FAL vibes) and the M8A7 (but IMR from AW is better), for obvious reasons.

But what about weapons that maybe are not as good that you find yourself wanting to get good at cause they look/sound so cool?

For me, it's the XR2. Nowhere near as good as the M8, but the thing is just so sweet looking and has a nice clanky sound. It sucked at first, but it's not that bad of a gun. And I don't even have rapid fire unlocked for it.

Also the VMP. The tall-rear end rail design brings back the PDW-57 from blops2 IMO...

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Really liked the beta and the way the game is headed. Well except for hellstorm missiles.

although contrary to the conventional wisdom I don't think it's like 10 times better than AW. I'd say its better by like only 1.3x (which is still a lot, its like one review star more ) because of the better sound design and characters eith more personality (face it, theres never going to be fundamental innovation in gameplay at this point), incorporation of destiny super mechanics, and the way wallrunning and boosting with shotgun is so satisfying.

I'd better get on my AW master prestige before bo3 takes away all teh players...

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Policenaut posted:

Concept art

Future residences are all buitl around giant solare panels that harv to be angled just right

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Bloodmobile posted:

The game was literally unplayable for a lot of people (including me) without having resolution scaling set to the absolute minimum, especially since the mouse input felt like complete and utter garbage and the game would hitch and freeze at any framerate below 150+. Apparently the beta was completely fine for most AMD cards but completely hosed for most NVIDIA cards.

with vsync on ingame, It felt like forcing prerendered frames to 1 in nv cp helped

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I got the juggernog edition and I was surprised by the coaster quality, they totally could have made it some cardboard coasters but they're made of rubber and the graphic on it is a relief not painted on

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

I wish, but sadly hes more prepared than me

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
StandsForVice on reddit blops3 found a ***massive spoiler*** that makes the campaign make a lot more sense: Link

you died in mission 1, and the rest of the game is one long DMT trip enhanced by the DNI, with parts of Taylors life also flashing before your eyes. it explains the fear of robots you have, why rachel says goodbye to you in the hospital but acts like nothing happened later, the beginning part where Taylor in the hospital is all ohh gently caress, and how it gets more surreal at the end, etc.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
it's funny how these nerf/buff news dont come with detailed stat changes, so that everyone gets into a tizzy and abandons otherwise good guns for slightly better peices of crap

Still going to use the XR2. What of it.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

limited posted:

Try the HVK-30 instead. It's not quite as accurate, but the recoil is nice and controllable for picking off dudes with bursts further out. Plus it does enough damage to actually kill them instead of creating hitmarkers.

The ICR's got less spread, but the damage and fire rate suck at the moment.

The Realism difficulty setting on Campaign is almost comical. Several missions start you outside of cover, being shot at by a poo poo-ton of dudes, and you literally die before you can take a step. Plus the enemies don't die in one hit, they're still bullet sponges, even the human ones. :suicide:

Yeah, not being on co-op, Veteran was it for me. Something about Realistic after playing Veteran just made me go "heh, no."

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Mister Macys posted:

I used to like it, but I swear Trey keeps increasing the recoil, so gently caress it.

Who else is excited for Garden Warfare 2 guys? :dance:

Guys?

I got the game and I'm loving it. I like being a sunflower that surprise deploys it's stationary laser up close and melts fools.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I'm getting better with the Locus now. After ~3k kills I can break 1.0 kd consistently.

Love the new clan tag/kill counter. I'm going to prestige a bunch of weapons this weekend.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
did they buff the dingo? poo poo is wrecking now like it always hits

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
lol they added aids spread tio it? drat

edit: maybe the spread helps lol

orly fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 7, 2016

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I just tested it some more and yeah it looks like it's the spread. You just point vaguely in the direction of the enemy and he gets whittled down. Also no more shooting 10 rounds between someone's legs or over their shoulder.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Mister Macys posted:

In addition, the difference between a mouse sniper and a pad user is far, far greater than that of any of the other weapon classes.
The best upgrade to sniping on console Call of Duty is a mouse and keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duNtU59PTmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fik95i0alZc

I stand by my opinion that you should only snipe against crap players (unless you own a mouse).

is this some sort of joke, or are you trying to show how bad pad players are?

i guarantee you there are people a lot sicker than this who play on pad, it's just that there aren't very many videos of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns1r0sgmOeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddZ4TwpQFV8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYKh5dV_Juc

i've tried the campy trip mine style play depiced in your vids and they are just unfun compared to shooting (and missing) a lot, but playing more offensively like those ppl

orly fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 23, 2016

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
The beta has been pretty fun so far. I like the future aesthetic.

I feel like the EMG pistol is one of the best guns because it doesn't have a shitload of idle sway like all the others.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

numerrik posted:

I just picked up COD Black Ops 2 from gamestop for the Wii U and it keeps freezing on start up. Is this a known bug? Also, it has what appears to be light cosmetic scratching, but could that cause it? I can't imagine how much misuse it would take to scratch a disk that bad in this day and age.

that's a known issue if it takes place during the boat mission while you swim ashore: fix: erase your current campaign save and restart from the beginning

I got it for Wii u as well, it feels pretty cool clicking on peoples heads and bodies with a wiimote instead of a mouse or gamepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
speaking of black ops 2, I get a similar crash / freeze in boat level on PC, but then the fix is to change my gpu drivers to something ancient, so I think the bo2 pc campaign is effectively dead software at this point :(

• Locked thread