Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Guy Compton posted:

Some post on Reddit claiming Ant will be on Scott Shannon's show on Friday. Any truth to this?

It was on the New York Radio Message Board too until Allan Sniffen deleted it.

And yes, I read the New York Radio Message Board, because it's the most unintentionally hilarious website on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Call Me Charlie posted:

For anybody who missed Bennington today, it looks like the next staff member to be revealed is Kokomo Joe.

Excellent. At this rate we are about two years away from Drafthouse getting hired.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Apoplexy posted:

Can you explain what this was? I've never heard of this and am curious.

Ant made a (supposedly joking) reference to not getting free drinks at FH Riley's. Opie responded by not coming into work for three days.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kevyn posted:

They're individual follicles!

You're the best.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
One of my favorite moments on the show was a few years ago when the Beatles catalogue was re-mastered and O&A starting trashing it, saying how stupid it was, then they started to listen to it, and instantly realized it sounded so much better and they all couldn't wait to buy it. I believe this also had edgy Opie declaring he hated early Beatles because it's "pop poo poo".

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Buffalo squeeze posted:

First of all, don't feed Inuits.

Here's the thing,

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

burmart posted:

I find Ron's sincere Tito's Vodka American Dream spots unsettling.

I miss the days of Lil' Carby.

Did Fez rape Lil' Carby or was it the other way around?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Holy gently caress.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The most amazing thing about that clip is that Fez went on the show the day after and claimed it was a victory for standing up to bullying, and not even realizing he just alienated every single person on the staff and at Sirius. This was probably the point where the writing was on the wall to everybody that he was pretty much gone.

That said, BL has her moments, but it's kinda obvious why Ron is letting go of all of these people while he works hard and does his own thing. Apparently talk radio people go nuts after they hit a certain point in their careers and flame out. Fez, John & Jeff, and that Todd Pettengill guy who probably now eats out of a garbage can after showing the world he can't run a radio show on his own after decades of being a second banana. gently caress, we could throw Bubba the Love Sponge on there as well since he's pretty much flamed out already.

What happened to John and Jeff? I loved that show as a sleep aid.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Colin Quinn continues to be a national treasure.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
When I set in studio for Ron and Fez, Bobo was there. He'd been on O&A that morning and stuck around for R&F. He was sitting on the bleachers wearing his awful leather Jeff Gordon NASCAR jacket. During the first commercial, Ron comes out to the bleachers to chat with the fans. He asked, "Were any of you here for O&A this morning?". Bobo's hand shot up, and he enthusiastically yelled "I was here for O&A!". Ron looks at him and says, "Well with that jacket on, they'll let you in anywhere".

Later on, I found Bobo at a Mets-Yankees game at Citi Field. Bobo was on his phone, and declared he'd meet whoever he was talking to "in the parking lot". Citi Field seats 42,000 people and has over 8,000 parking spots. Good luck, dummy.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

blackmarketlimb posted:

I watched The People Under the Stairs yesterday and it's kinda disturbing how Ant is legit two steps away from buying a gimp suit and sealing Bobo up in a crawlspace.

I'd watch that show.

And I liked Amy a lot on the show when I was listening, she kept up with Ant and Jim because she's just as much of a pig as they are. I also liked Trainwreck a hell of a lot.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
http://time.com/4102387/jim-norton-donald-trump-snl/

Jimmy with the deep, cutting political insight.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It was just announced that East Side Dave is getting a show on Anthony's network. Apparently it means no more Watchers or Davey Mac Sports Program.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love that it took this to get Jimmy to realize that maybe unprotected sex with hookers might not be a great idea.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ben Sparks at rock bottom sounds a lot like a normal day for Chris Pepper Stanley.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I highly doubt that is anything other than Ron being Ron and messing with all the rubes.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sorry about that...the dog just...The dog just walked in front of me

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I loved his Bobocabulary. My favorite was when he talked about Colin's show, Long Shory Stort.

And then there was the time they had him drop his pants to show his tiny weird dick and he was wearing a European banana hammock.

He was the dummy that kept on giving.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

OldTennisCourt posted:

V----He doesn't say ALRIGHT but he does scream gently caress YOU! and then says alright in the next sentence, it was after the fitness event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6kBJSD-BNo

I forgot about Bobo vowing to return, even if he "has to be reduced to Ron and Fez". Also, Bobo the one man band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtH2AnU_bFU

Probably my favorite Jimmy line ever:

BOBO: You wouldn't want to see the look on my Mom's face!
JIMMY: I'm sure it's no worse than the look in the delivery room.

TL fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 7, 2015

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Bobo's Twitter says he's on Team Cumia. I take it he's persona non grata with Opie?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ransom posted:

Wait Bobo isnt dead is he?

My favorite was always "Bobo go home and go to bed!"

What was going on when that was said? I remember Bobo was on the bus, on the way to do something, they were egging him on, then Jimmy realized they were about to get him killed and themselves fired and they put a stop to it. I just don't remember what Bobo was trying to do.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Keg posted:

I heard people on the show talking about how Opie has the quality of being willing to be absolutely cruel and brutal for a prank, but it seems like he was always the first one to tap out on stuff like this.

Opie tapping out on cruel stuff started around the same time he started prefacing statements with "as a father".

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
The most normal person affiliated with the show is Bobo.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hopefully Ant uses this to make some changes in his life, though I'm not optimistic he will.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chromatic posted:

Being released from jail.

Opie has to be in the best mood right now.

On the plus side, his plugs look great.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
She entiiiiced me!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

*stomps on hand*

Feel feel feel feel feeeeeeel
Feel my feeeeeet

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

T Bowl posted:

Can she sue him and take a good chunk of his post O and A survival funds?

Like he actually saved money. He's the only millionaire who lives paycheck to paycheck.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It was Aatrek, he's a former mod in TVIV who it came out was convicted of being a child molestor.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't get the whole "it's not about Patrice" thing. It's a benefit for his family. Even if the lineup has changed from past years (and I'm sure it has, I haven't paid attention to it), it's still very much about him.

Ant is a mess.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Oh my god, is that Joey Roses' tattoo they shat on him about a whole ago?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9TsLo5vlfg

I thought I was four minutes in at less than two.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Suddenly Harry Hater doesn't seem that bad

Let's not get carried away here.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
http://nypost.com/2016/02/22/hitler-had-a-really-tiny-penis/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Isn't this what Bobo has?

THE HOLOCAUST IS A BRIGHT SPOT IN A DAY, AWRIGHT???

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

Now the lovely gimmicky interns/regulars could gently caress right off. But unintentional idiocy is the most entertaining.

To be fair, some of the interns caused some really funny moments. I always enjoyed Blind Stevie and Uncle Kevy and David.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

cochise posted:

All this good talk about Colin scares me. Hope he doesn't die or some horrible secret comes out and crushes all of our hearts.

And ruins our loving Friday.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

trjl710 posted:

I would like to put this out there in all seriousness. Amidst all of the negativity that has gone on over the past year or so I honestly have to say that I feel terrible about the whole thing with the people involved. This was a show that I listened to since the late 90s and the every show from 2004's XM days on. These guys felt like part of my family as I listened to all of their shows in my headphones at work. I felt like "part of the gang" and it got me through some real rough patches in my life with their humor. It was a 20 year career that exploded in everyone's faces and had such negative effects to everyone involved.

All the comics that relied on them for publicity are torn between the shows, employees lost jobs, friendships turned to enemies, the list goes on. Everyone's private lives and secrets went public, many of their own fault.
Jimmy is trapped and on unstable ground and looking to make sure he is employed which is is unsure since the on air fight that brought out all the crap between him and Opie.
I read all the comments here and Reddit and see what happened to Anthony, a former brilliant broadcaster who is tied with Jimmy for unbelievable quick timing that has had me in hysterics numerous times.
I may get crapped on for this but I'm just being honest. It was my favorite entertainment for over 10 years and to see it devolve into this. It is just heartbreaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ICzu5V_fqQ

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I can't be the only person who sees the old wrestler Tatanka:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Regardless of the reasons, I hope Ant sticks with it and stays clean.

• Locked thread