Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Fister Roboto posted:

The Martian is a pretty good book, if only because it has the best opening line in the history of literature.

Yessssssss

Kinda looking forward to the movie but MATT DAMON is gonna have trouble pulling off the uber nerd botanist/engineer Mark Watney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ugh that book was awful. The overarching plot is good, but the actual writing was terrible.

:spergin:

Ought to make a decent movie.

It's pulp sci-fi, you're not going for war and peace here. Everyone I know who's read it enjoyed it. Except you, because you hate things.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

:stare:

I really, really hope you got a home inspection.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I don't think many banks would underwrite a loan on a house that didn't have a pre inspection conducts. That's like standard procedure nowadays.

hahahahahahaha

i live just outside of toronto

a tear-down shack on a postage-stamp area of land is a million dollars in the city. gently caress your home inspection.

Which is why I was concerned. I have friends who moved into homes that were built in the victorian age, and started "updating" them and finding things like cut-out floor joists, knob-and-tube (Among the BETTER electrical gremlins found), generally poo poo that makes groverhaus look like some Grade-A construction.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

where's wallace

where's wallace string

WHERE'S WALLACE?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

One of the best few minutes in television history. :nws: for dead girl titties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfwFDZGnUk

Can't see the link but is it the "gently caress gently caress gently caress" detective scene?

Because that poo poo should have won an Emmy.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Just remembered I got a free movie pass as a tip. :black101:

How much dick did you have to suck from the back to earn it

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Also not enough comments on Jews. Cannot be Shim.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

terrez posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuyyyyyvk I smoked too much hookah and hit on a super hot gay chick

We're gon a wrestle I 2 weeks

gently caress fight or kill, it's all the same right Whopper Junior?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

All this chat about sci-fi books and no mention of A Canticle for Leibowitz? I'm ashamed of you. It should be the thread's favorite book.

It involves not one collapse of civilization from nukes, but two!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Mike-O that's super lovely dude, sorry.

I've seen ads for Veterans support groups in the U.S., and I hope anyone who needs help is taking advantage of it and not thinking that "I'll man up and deal with it" because mental health doesn't work that way. I know that's the attitude that armed services tries to push, to deal with it or worse to self-medicate and never talk about it, but that poo poo can suck my dick from the back. Some poo poo you can't "get over".

My government just tries to push vet suicides under the rug while doing the SUPPORT ARE TROOPS thing and it makes me apoplectic with rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Watched John Wick and Kingsman today.

Don't watch John Wick. Watch Kingsman.

QTIYD

I legit lol'd at the swedish princess' line. It was completely out of left field and I am a 10 year old.

• Locked thread