Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

shyduck posted:

I just received an AF IRR muster notice :laffo:
I'm not going because first off its 3 hours away, and second off I have a final literally the same day. Does anybody have experience with telling them to get hosed?

Since you aren't local, can't you just phone muster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

nothing will ever come of it and if they try to get stupid just be like sorry i never got any notice :downs:

Technically since it's your responsibility to keep your contact information updated this won't work but nobody will actually bust you unless they do some absolutely insane poo poo like the Iraq war recalls.

But anyway, I think that if you're outside 150 miles you can just phone muster.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

As long as you're clear by January 2017 when President Bush invades Iran as his first act in office you should be fine.

That dumb gently caress has Dubya on his foreign policy team :wtc:

He has loving Wolfowitz on his team.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this is the best thing

I've got a pit in my back yard for a garage and now I want to do something like this.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

elite_garbage_man posted:

naw, they're both strippers home boy. I just signed up on this dating site tonight, and this was the first loving message I got.

the internet is full of wonders, my friends

She gonna take your kidneys.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MurderBot posted:

These are my calves, and I hope it triggers everyone of you.

Been hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

:stare:

And that's why you don't enlist.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I called up the treasury people because I keep getting letters from them about my non-compliance with direct deposit laws. I've submitted my direct deposit information four times to various places including their website and calling in. They said that my DD info went through and has been approved by the treasury. It's currently sitting with the VA for them to actually approve and use it. I'm going to keep getting checks forever it seems.

Same.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zeris posted:

found shim on facebook

Doesn't use term "silverbacks" 2 out of 5 shims.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I stopped caring 15 years ago

So did he.
http://www.sfweekly.com/2001-04-25/culture/shearer-delight/

Harry Shearer in goddamn 2001 posted:

And while there are those among us who believe the show needs to be put out of its misery--the nonstop barrage of reruns now serves only to remind us of how sharp the decline has been in recent years--Shearer will say that he finds doing the show now as rewarding as he did a decade ago, but only on occasion.

"It depends on the script," he says, sounding at first like a man trying his best to be diplomatic. "There are writers' names that, when I see them on a script, I get very happy and look forward to the week, because I know there's gonna be a pretty sound script that is satirical but smart and not just sort of pointlessly parodic, if I may. And there are other writers' names that make my heart sink. It's sort of unavoidable this far along that that's going to be the way it is."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cole posted:

Under Armour is catching a lot of heat for this shirt. Who gives a poo poo?

Motards and wannabes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Japanese toilets, with the heated seat and selectable temperature-pressure bidet nozzles - we need those.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's new. My girlfriend told me to stop doing crunches because she likes a little pooch. Seems like girls under 26 nowadays want to gently caress middle aged men. Just go with it

It's like America as a culture has collectively lowered its standards because it knows that ain't nobody working out.

Not like I care, it just keeps getting easier and easier for me and my wife to look loving awesome in comparison.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MA-Horus posted:

All this chat about sci-fi books and no mention of A Canticle for Leibowitz? I'm ashamed of you. It should be the thread's favorite book.

It involves not one collapse of civilization from nukes, but two!

It also has the benefit of being actually good quality writing like a book you wouldn't be ashamed to use for a college class.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

holocaust bloopers posted:

Oryx And Crake is a very good novel. More speculative fiction than sci fi.

I'm kind of fuzzy right now so I read "oxy and crack is very good"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
"dadbod" is a joke like seapunk or bikini bridge you weirdos

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Two Finger posted:

yeah do this and let me know if you manage to finish it. i've been trying for months and i can't read more than a page or so at a time.

I'm glad I read Fountainhead first so I could say firsthand that Rand is a terrible writer with terrible opinions but I only wasted the time to read 600 pages instead of 1200.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Even geniuses need to wear their loving seat belts.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Differential equations condensed into five week summer course. The last calculus class I took was in 2009. :psypop:

Please tell me you at least reviewed beforehand. I took Calc III after a similar gap and spent an hour a day for a month plowing through my old Calc I/II textbook.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

That's basically what I'm doing full-time now. Fortunately, the only other class I'm taking right now is a bullshit check the box class. It would be really nice if they'd schedule Calc III before Diff Eq instead of immediately after it. At least that will be a cake walk comparatively easy by the time I'm done with this. :unsmith:

Actually, Calc III is a cakewalk regardless. It's basically Calc I with more variables. It's nowhere near as miserable as Calc II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Whip Slagcheek posted:

If I knew how terrible Boston and New York would turn out, I'd have supported the British

• Locked thread