Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I mostly really like this game, but man, I hate the way checkpointing is set up when you're not invading an outpost or doing a story mission. Just drop me back near where I was if I gently caress up and die while doing side stuff, don't kick me all the way back to the last stronghold I was at, gently caress...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

On the subject of Mad Max continuity: The closest we have to an official time line is from the comics that came out with Fury Road recently. Mad Max is after the resource shortages and wars fought due to this, in between it and Road Warrior the nukes go off and the planet gets totally hosed to the point where there aren't even oceans anymore, Road Warrior happens and Max goes off on a quest to start rebuilding his car, then Thunderdome, then in between he gets his car rebuilt, then it gets immediately stolen and trashed again in Fury Road.

Not sure if/where the game could possibly fit in there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

The game is set shortly before Fury Road.

The biggest question is how Max rebuilds the interceptor between Thunderdome and the game/Fury Road. It was trashed in the 2nd movie after all. I maintain he didn't actually have the interceptor back at all, it's future storytellers mixing up the details, and he just had "a car" at this point. Or maybe he did indeed go back and salvage a 25 year old wreck. Not much else to do in the wasteland I guess.

The comic says that he had spent years between Road Warrior and Thunderdome rebuilding it piece by piece. Like that cart he's driving at the beginning of Thunderdome? Full of car parts. The game also doesn't really seem to fit in the continuity it puts forth if it's supposed to be before Fury Road because he goes to Gas Town in the comic to get the last piece for the interceptor that he needs, and People Eater is the guy running it. No mention of Scrotus. Although he is mentioned as Immortan Joes third son in the Immortan Joe issue.

E: Oh and to be clear I don't actually care about this because of the myth thing going on. If the game doesn't fit it's because it's just someone else telling the story about how Max had his car wrecked and had to rebuild it. Even in the comic it's a story being told long after Fury Road by a history man who was just a kid at the time the movie takes place. So there being two versions of "Max got car wrecked, rebuilt car, then Fury Road happened" makes sense.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 16, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

Was a bit wary of doing so as I heard the shitstorm when they hosed up Furiosa and got all rapey and blamey.

Wait, what? The only rapey thing in the Furiosa issue is the things we already knew were happening to the brides. Furiosa herself in it has basically the same arc Max himself always has, going from not giving a single poo poo about their situation because her own survival is all that matters to helping out. There is some decent character building for each of the brides in it, and Joe comes off as even more of a monster than in the movie. It's not the best of them, but it's alright.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

The comic turned the brides into really passive characters that had Furiosa tell them what to do, unlike in the movie where they actively fight to try and escape and the idea was to escape was all theirs, not Furiosa's. They also have stupid poo poo like the brides being all catty and being petty with each other when they were all tight as hell in the movie and insulting Furiosa for not being feminine enough.

It's poo poo.

It's been a while since I read it, but the main things I don't remember them being catty with each other at all, and yes, Furiosa told them what to do until the end when they basically went "no, this is all wrong and bad" and started their revolution. It's the beginning of a rebellion, no one has ever started one of those from the second they are born, there has to be injustice inflicted upon them that they throw off the shackles of and such. Also the only thing I remember them being critical of Furiosa for is being just another one of Joe's tools and a killer. Both of which are accurate up until the point she joins up with the rebellion they start.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Groetgaffel posted:

Finished it just now, I liked it. It felt very Mad Max.
But what hit me is how perfectly it leads into Fury Road, despite the developer going out of their way to say that it's a different Max;
Scrotus is dead, leaving someone else to take power in Gas Town, such as the People Eater from the movie. Max has his Interceptor back, along with his shotgun and jacket (that we could just say were stashed in the car), and he has a little girl talking in his head, just like in the movie.

It's not just a little girl, it's the same littler girl. In Fury Road she's credited as "Glory the Child."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't remember having any major frame rate drops on PS4. I do have a hybrid drive in and was playing a digital version, though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah that's a bummer too because on Gamespot they were talking about how the world "never ended." I figured that just meant it would generate boring desert forever, but even that's better than what amounts to an invisible wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crabtree posted:

It still blows me away that this was better pulled off than JC3.

Launch JC3 was a let down, but after the jet pack and mech DLC, JC3 rocks.

• Locked thread