Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Really looking forward to this game. Just worrying my :mediocre: 560ti won't be able to handle it. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm oddly disappointed by the gratuitously exploding cars. The MM movies had more realistic takes on car crashes where they just kinda dash apart unless loaded down with flamer fuel like a few in Fury Road.

And yeah, this game is probably gonna be hopelessly held up to Fury Road's standard and found :mediocre: in comparison. Should still be fun though, at least.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That is entirely too much talking by Max. Would've been better to have err whats his name, chumbucket, do all the talking. Also, I really dunno about that voice actor.

Still looking forward to the game, but I fear it will not be Shiny and Chrome.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Why would they intentionally set up a game that could make them a lot of money to fail? Mad Max is a far bigger name than Just Cause. Heck, there is probably more potential money in a Mad Max game than Just Cause simply because of the name.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TotalHell posted:

I'm one of maybe four people in the world more interested in this game than MGS:V.

'Sup. :hfive:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Meta-Mollusk posted:

While the idea of building some kind of an extravagant magnum opus super war machine is fun, I kinda just want to be boring and rebuild the V8 Interceptor, or at least something similarly "classy". I don't want Max's car to look like a random bad guy gang car by having stuff like macabre hood ornaments, spikes, painted skulls and flames or anything like that. That stuff will probably give the car buffs though, but I hope they aren't really necessary.

I think a Pursuit Special body is one of the options you can pick, based on the videos we've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hDPmTvqob0&t=58s

@1:01

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

STore page is finally up on Steam

My 560ti is under the minimum. :rip:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TescoBag posted:

The nemesis system is fantastic and needs to be in literally every game

Maybe not every game, but it could certainly be used to great effect in many games.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Blue Raider posted:

it doesnt take much for something titled mad max to be faithful to the movies

a shitmagnet named max, a sawed off double barrel, the persuit special, a desert

congratulations you have a mad max game

You also forgot the noble cause "Hero" Max gets dragged into helping, kicking and screaming. Though I guess the shitmagnet might apply.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I need to stop reading this thread and paying attention to this game until I can upgrade my 560Ti, which is too :mediocre: to run it.

At least this'll probably be on a good sale price by then!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

A lot of those guys intentionally play like idiots because it attracts more viewers (because they want to see the idiot and yell at him for being an idiot).

At least, this is what I like to tell myself.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Leave me some faith in humanity.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, your poo poo taste in video games does enough damage to my faith in humanity, so why not. ;)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The first objective of the game is fixing that poor dog's leg, right? :ohdear: Man, I just know that dog is not gonna live through the game, and that makes me sad.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Also, in case you don't poke through the Fury Road thread in CineD once in a while, here is some more behind the scenes stuff from the movie:

All about the cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L67BiENzYs

General behind the scenes stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAHGwCyamc

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, other Max titles can always include a different "Warrior Woman". There was one in Road Warrior, afterall.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Is there a color option to make it as vibrant as Fury Road?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Orv posted:

Friend fixed it by changing his password so that Steam on his phone couldn't log in, because the mobile app keeps reporting even with the phone off.

Why not just turn the phone off for a few minutes?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Mad Max: Fury Road, the movie.

[e]

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

MrMojok posted:

Not to be a party pooper, because incineration looks fun, but is blowing people up with those gas cans kind of a waste of fuel? I guess I was thinking fuel for your car would be really scarce out there.

Has anyone run out of gas out in the middle of nowhere yet? If so, what did you do?

Have you seen what these people, are driving? Fuel conversation isn't something they seem to care about at all.

The world is dead. You'll be dead tomorrow as likely as not. Why not burn brightly?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

MrMojok posted:

I guess what I was asking was, is it possible to run your car out of gas out in the middle of nowhere? And if you do, must you hoof it for miles to find more, or does the game whip up an electrical storm to kill you.... ?

If I was designing the game, I'd let you sit there out of gas for a minute or two before some fuel-carrying War Boys conveniently stumble across you for you to kill and take their guzzoline.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

I think I remember a gameplay video stating that your car just gets really sluggish once it runs out of gas.

"Alright Max, put it into neutral and I'll put up the windsail."

It'd be amusing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm half tempted to take a gamble on my 560Ti.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Daztek posted:

So shiny~

Why is Fury Road level saturation not an option while playing and only in the camera mode? :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Daztek posted:

If you set it to video mode you can play with all filters and stuff enabled :v:

Oh, ok, cool. Most of the screenshots and videos shown so far aren't using that then. I guess because the players have :mediocre: taste. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

BexGu posted:

We all just need to wait until the SweetFX Bros really start diving into this game.

This might be the first game where I consider using that stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

jabro posted:

Fury Road has been in development for 15 years. It was originally with Mel Gibson and about to start then 9/11 happened. It killed flights so there were delays and it went to the wayside. It was about to start again and then Mel Gibson got arrested for a DUI, said some words to a cop, and his ex also released a phone convo. And here we are.

Honestly that 15 extra years probably turned out for the better. Hardy and Theron are awesome. Plus all the advances in computer editing let the practical effects compositing be :perfect:.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Overdoze posted:

Goddamn I love taking screenshots in this game:

Is that a Mustang?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

It's been forever since I played it, so I might be mis-remembering things. Weren't you given the replicant case then just let loose in their version of future-LA to pursue other cases/dick around/shoot assholes/etc while pursuing the main case? Am I thinking about something else? poo poo, GOG needs to release that game.

That is a roughly accurate description, however it was definitely standard adventure game fare in that there were specific locations you could travel between (EG: Animoid row, Police HQ, Taffy Lewis' club, etc) by entering your Spinner (a glorified menu) and selecting a destination, you couldn't just roam around as you wish.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Too bad about those checkpoints that respawn so frequently. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They all become active once purchased, there is no equipping them.

• Locked thread