Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Certainly looks better than this pile of meh.

Cripes, it's so empty and the car combat looks like it's going to get old very fast.
Looks like there isn't really much vehicle variety either, man are there EVEN motorcycles and gyrocopters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

VolticSurge posted:

:agreed: Besides,MGS doesn't allow the player to tear across a giant desert in a custom deathmobile while cackling maniacally and shouting things like "WITNESS ME!" and :mediocre:

mgs5 has horses that poop

hth

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The next game needs gyrocopters and flamethrower tankers(if those aren't already in this one)

Are there any multiplayer games that are set in a Mad Max-esque setting? Car combat and makeshift weapons are a must.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hakkesshu posted:

A few reviews from no name sites that broke embargo are out, decidedly :mediocre: at 6.5 and 7.5, tl;dr the driving is boring, missions repetitive, and the scenery gets old, but it has a good atmosphere and decent customization options for the car.

The reviews are poo poo and not really worth linking since the embargo will be up shortly, but I'd definitely expect similar results across the board from the bigger publications.

Yep, that's about what I expected, glad my gut wasn't wrong for once.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Orv posted:

There was a game a couple years ago called Ravaged that was basically Mad Max Battlefield 2. It was bad and died quicker than almost any indie MP title I've ever seen unfortunately.

Oh drat it, I thought I recalled that but I wasn't 100% if it was a mod for UT2004 or not.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

DatonKallandor posted:

Well the dream would probably be ripping the driving physics and destruction physics out of Flatout wholesale.

Yeah, for a game centered around car combat, I'd expect a pretty detailed destruction system.

So far it looks like all this has in that department is uh, bump into cars until they explode.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

HORMELCHILI posted:

Yeah if you're boring as hell

Basically what I'm saying is that they should've licensed the soft body destruction system from BeamNG.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

More importantly, how's the pop-in on the PC? It looked loving atrocious on consoles.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cactrot posted:

This is the best way to take down a tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9aG3Dq8IkE

:homebrew:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfcfwheL5_g

Gamespot reviewer explains his scoring, sounds like very reasonable complaints to me.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Flippin heck, you people are seriously upset over reviews.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MGS5 is a great game and Mad Max could be a great game too, but I haven't played it so I dunno, this thread has made me turn my disinterest in it around a bit to where I'd be willing to drop 30 bux on it.

I've decided that all I want out of a Mad Max game is an appropriately crazy-filled wasteland with mooks to punch and cars to smash, I just wanna drive!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm such a sucker when it comes to hype machines. :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wafflecopper posted:

When stopping to loot a small camp, is it normal for an enemy car to come flying over some rocks, spiral out of control though the air, and explode in a ball of fire without any input from the player? Because that just happened :stare:

You witnessed him, surely? :colbert:

Played for an hour, alt tabbed right now, this game is ridiculously fun holy poo poo.
And what an AMAZING port, it runs incredibly well maxed out on my modest rig with my 750ti and i5.

It probably has the best driving I've ever seen in an open world game, it's just fun to drive around to no where, I doubt I'll ever use fast travel really... unless something changes to make driving everywhere not so pleasant.(besides the occasional raiding party on my rear end)

The melee combat doesn't make much sense for Max himself but I can't bring myself to give a poo poo cause it's visceral and fun to watch, freeflow combat is probably my favorite trend in gaming so far.

The story, from what little I've gathered so far, isn't amazing but it's Mad Max as heck and thus doesn't really need to be.
The world has gone mad and you're trying to survive in it, that's all one needs for a Mad Max story.

I can certainly see where some reviewers wouldn't care for most of the game cause it really just reuses mechanics from most Ubisoft games and just adds its own post apocalyptic twist to it.
Luckily for me, I love the Ubisoft system of collectathons and conquering towers and all that poo poo.

Good poo poo, will be playing this for a while.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I do however REALLY wish the game would let you climb more stuff like ledges and cliff faces, it can be annoying when you fall over the side of a small ledge and can't just friggin climb back up and you have to go all the way around or repeatedly jump and hope you sort of glitch back up.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CapnAndy posted:

Hey so I drink Rockstars at work because gently caress you, don't judge me, it's cheaper than Red Bull. Anyway do you guys want some hood ornaments, first come first served.

R794T98F8WPV
9N88P42F463P
3438J98L4CHN
3R22RN7H787J

how the gently caress are these all taken already, you have to sign up to the site and everything. :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

How do I get rid of the UI in the screenshot mode so I can take screenies with Steam's screenshot feature?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tony Montana posted:

Can I please make a suggestion to anyone playing on PC in 2015

Are you still using a mouse and kb exclusively? Ok.. let me tell you that in recent times consoles have done really well. Most of the modern games (certainly the ones with the massive budgets) are developed for the consoles first with the PC port coming after. But there is no console vs PC bullshit, because Microsoft holds all the cards (don't get me started in a professional context, if anyone knows me from SH/SC) and makes BOTH one of the two consoles to have AND the only PC OS to have.

What this means is one of the very best controllers, the XBOX One controller, is available for your Windows PC. It plugs straight in with a USB cable and none of the functionality is lost. So, when you go to play games now.. you can just grab your controller and play on your 'console' (the game doesn't know, all the prompts and art is always there for the XBOX Controller because it's the standard). Games that didn't think about mouse and kb first don't drive you into a rage now, because you just pick up your controller and marvel at how a device specifically designed to play your games often does a far better job than a control system from the 70/80s.

Do yourself a favour and go and get a controller. Yes, aiming and shooters will always be the domain of the kb and mouse and you can head back to the desk when you wanna play Ark or Rust, etc. But embrace the console revolution, because MS is at the pointy end and they just happen to be the same bros that give us the modern computer.

Aiming parts of games are usually designed around the controller, so like aiming the harpoon in Max slows time right down (so you can faff around and be inaccurate with sticks). But that's fine, because you still get the job done and then you're back driving with a controller which leaves feathering WASD for dead. If it was a situation where 180 degree spins and headshots were the order of the day, then sure, I'm on mouse and kb too.. but it's just not like that for so many games.

Ok, I'm done. If you have a gaming pc, then go and pick up the XBOX One controller. Plug it into your TV and sit in your lounge room on your 'console', on whicht I can alt-tab and upload screenies to SA while the game is paused.

But this plays perfectly with a M&KB?
I'm also reduced to an 80 year old man that has never gamed before whenever I put my hands on a controller, I'm completely awful at using them.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mlmp08 posted:

I did a balloon like a speed run, being as efficient as possible and ignoring all that scrap and I discounted the time spent punching the defenders (cause punching is fun), and it took 2 minutes, 22 seconds to finish and get back to my car parked IMMEDIATELY outside the balloon area. weeee.

Yeah, the balloon fast travel thing is pants on head retarded and completely kills the pacing.
I would rather climb a tower.

Also, it really is hilarious how useless the jump button is since you can't climb gently caress all and the jump height is barely a hop.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 4, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Songbearer posted:

Oh! I unlocked side burners without realising. I'll just put them on and BECOME A CHROME ANGEL RIDING ON WINGS OF FLAME

FUUUUUUUUUCK

It's beautiful... :allears:

Here's my barely upgraded Opus doing a Dukes of Hazzard jump off of that cliff near Jeet's.

Also had a fun bridge tussle at one of the oil camps.

Unfortunately, it resulted in Max glitching the gently caress out during a combo and he clipped through the bridge and died! :shepface:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, are there any DLC plans for the game? It's one of the first games in a long while that I didn't see get a season pass or anything along with MGS5.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Movie DLC would be loving amazing and I'd totally be willing to buy all of it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

T1g4h posted:

The Fury Road SweetFX preset from the OP is a sight to behold. Colors loving pop and sunsets are insanely brilliant. Night time is wicked looking as well:

This loving game :allears:

It's pretty at night but good christ it burns my eyes during the day time, this thing is definitely not for me.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Joe Gillian posted:

You can easily tweak the preset settings in the "SweetFX" folder. Messing with the numbers for Cineon DPX should help you not burn your retinas. The best thing about SweetFX is that the changes happen in real time, as soon as you save them, so you don't have to keep closing the game.

Yeah, eh, thanks for the info but I'll pass on using it.
I think the game looks fine as it is really.

And god drat, the camera has no right to be this entertaining to use.
Setting up sweet shots is like half the game now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Speaking of which, I have a ton of those Rockstar tabs--I wasn't kidding about buying a hundred pounds of the poo poo when they were on sale at Costco. I currently have a ziplock of 30 or 40 of them I can start posting on and off if people are interested in the hood ornament.

If you end up winning the custom RZR 4x4 Rockstar is offering, you better give it to me though :argh:

That'd be cool, the more customization the better.
Hopefully someone doesn't fly by and swipe them all instantly.

You might want to spoiler tag them or something so the guests can't swipe them.(I think that stops them from being able to?)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What do I do with the code it gives me? It says to enter it in the game itself but I don't see anywhere to do that and trying to register it on Steam gives me an invalid message. :ohdear:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, it would be so cool if there were FRIENDLY vehicles around and you could watch skirmishes between factions and the more you cleared out a domain the more friendly vehicles there'd be just patroling.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Awoooooooooo

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The gently caress's even going on here.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Leather Bear posted:

How far am I if I just had the first fight with Stank Gum's dudes?

Far.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 6, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Archangels feel like they were meant to be something more than just preset configurations but like everything else they stripped it. I'd have been cool with complete sets having a bonus effect at the very least.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The reviews this game is getting are pretty on point, honestly.

It's worth no more than the $20 I got it for and if I were to grade it on a scale of 1 to 100 it'd probably get a 60 or 70.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ilustforponydeath posted:

And what an excellent mannequin he portrays.
"I'd talk, but I'm not charlize theron, therefore I should just leave the acting to her"

Garbage movie desperately cashing in on internet poster sentiments.

Have you never watched a Mad Max movie?
He's always been a man of few words.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So... has there been any word at all about more content for the game? I got burnt out on it pretty fast after like 17 hours.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MrMojok posted:

Did they ever patch the patch that broke the map and the stuttering people have talked about in here? I quit playing the game because I got really busy with work, then never started again once I read the comments ITT about the last patch.

I think the devs have abandoned the game, we're not getting any DLC and it feels like they're done with the patches.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Thirsty Dog posted:

Amused to read this an hour before notification of an upcoming patch

Glad to be wrong in the patching department.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MMAgCh posted:

There's been a patch today.
It'd be nice to see some additional content (paid or not, as long as it's decent), but I don't think they ever said whether they have any plans to that extent?

Incredibly lovely that consoles get all the goodies and we don't.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

They're just hood ornaments but it's still content that I'd like on the PC. :shobon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4Wt7OyOZk

Deakul fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 27, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I think I might actually like this game slightly more than Just Cause 3 which I have really bad buyer's remorse over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Who the gently caress would recommend that for that reason?

The real reason not to upgrade all of them is that they're a worthless time and scrap sink, you only need one.

Christ, I'd love to have a quicker non-storm related way to get tons of scrap fast cause the grind is ridiculous.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 4, 2016

• Locked thread