Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Game owns, car combat is meaty and explody.

Protip: going out in a sandstorm and harpooning boxes is THE way to make scrap, each box is 300, you can easy find 5 in a single storm.

I'm streaming for the next few hours here: http://www.twitch.tv/pound_coin

I have no idea what I'm doing with OBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

TotalHell posted:

It may be less about where and more about when. Buzzards only come out at night.

Also their home turf is the eastern desert.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Holy poo poo sandstorm

HOLY poo poo LIGHTNING STORM

I'm never hiding from a storm again, they are too loving cool.(and profitable)

Question for anything who is powering through story mode (is anyone bothering?) possible spoilers:

Will Chumbucket eventually betray Max? I don't think so, but if you read all the stronghold leader bios they all state that they recognise he is a great blackthumb, but would never "trust him"

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

RE: Minefields: gently caress messing around with the Dog and buggy.

Just armour up your car, load up and thunderpoons and drive straight through making GBS threads explosions everywhere. :madmax:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

The "making GBS threads explosives everywhere" is kinda a key step.

thunderpoons at lvl 3/4 have a pretty decent AOE and you can set off mines by landing one just kinda close to it. I can carry 10 at the moment which has been more than enough to clear minefields.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

SirDan3k posted:

If making GBS threads explosives is key why not use the car that shits explosives everywhere?

I've not capped a minelayer yet :smith:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I've done about half? of Pinkeye's quests (Holy poo poo that desert)

But I've found 90% of my time is down around Jeets (fully upgraded) GOTTA CLEAN DAT MAP.

One thing I am concerned about is how enemy spawns go down with threat level and how convoys don't respawn or change. If I keep playing like I am clearing most of an area before moving on I am begining to see a severe shortage of dudes to murder

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ofaloaf posted:

Is it me, or do the top dog fights feel easier than a lot of the mook fights? There's no crowd control, no need to worry about getting mobbed when squaring off against one guy.

Nah they're all identical pattern fights, there is one with a few warboys, but just lure them infront of his charge attack. The pattern is always dodge-roll, 4 heavy hits then shiv stab before the daze runs out.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

It's a photograph of a motorbike with "What the hell is this thing" written on the back

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Blazing Ownager posted:

Did they not grease enough wheels, or what?

It's this, I'm not even joking, WB felt game would do OK and wasn't banking that much on it being HUGE AAA, so they didn't send out advanced review copies and the usual totally not bribes "advertising fees"

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

gently caress the ROW posted:

Just collect them and then stomp them after the storm dies down. I had it where the wind was blowing them against a cliff so I just hauled a couple over to the same cliff and the window pinned them against the cliff.

You can just stop the car and get out once you have them harpooned, it stays connected and your car anchors them in place for stomping open.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

QwertyAsher posted:

Where do you find scrap in storms? Does it have to be the ones in The Big Nothing or do the random ones on the regular map have it too? I just haven't seen any boxes or anything with the scrap symbol.

Scrap is in "lottaloot" crates that fly about in regular storms on the map, they are marked on your minimap as the scrap pickup hand sign on a gold circle and the tend to fly off when the wind catches them, you gotta harpoon them, I'm not sure if they turn up in the big nothing or in thunder/fire storms or if its just regular sand/dust storms that have them.

Mokinokaro posted:

There's two crews. Scrap crew is the passive one. Cleanup crew is the one that automatically collects ground scrap for you. Make sure you're not mixing them up.

I think you have to go back to the stronghold to get the scrap also

Scrap from the cleanup crew (the active one) is added to your total as it's picked up/spawned the second you destroy a car, the offline one is added when you load back into game, the scrap generated by strongholds is automatically added to your total every so often ( I think it might be a 20m timer?)

Either way you shouldn't need to go pick it up.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Death Rattle for lyfe

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Just an FYI for anyone who didn't notice. Much like the various hood ornaments giving you little stat boosts, a couple of the paint jobs do too, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is the rust/red pain reduces damage you take from flamethrowers/fire.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

That's the church in the desert for pinkeye right? yeah that's really well done, if a little HUGE for a church basement, I would have loved to have seen a little more of the buried old world down there to justify the size, like a half excavated "main street" or something.

Similarly Gutgash send you to a Old metro station to scavenge for pre-collapse scrap and I was a little disappointed with how generic and plain it was, there was definitely a lot more room for dressing that particular area.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

a large trout posted:

I'm on the bone and dled the rockstarmobile. how do in use it in the game. I'm a big gay baby who doesn't understand basic things

Stand next to your car in a stronghold and press X instead of Y.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Panfilo posted:

I'd replace some of the less useful tokens with:

-Better ability to fight off boarders (maybe mash a button when they jump on your car or something)

This exists, jink left and right at high speed with X

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

gibbed posted:

Yes, I'm slowly working on tools when I have free time. Much research has currently been going into the scripting engine.

:supaburn: oh poo poo son Gibbed's here

This is the best possible news

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

KakerMix posted:

Oh man you're back. :getin:

What in the sweet gently caress is going on in that forum your title links to? is that Seraph the "pleb-scrub" guy from here?

Also, I've nearly 100%'d this game, and the lack of hostile cars to murder once all your area threats are at 0 is making me sad.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Fans posted:

There is, but when I did it at one hot air balloon there wasn't enough fuel to fill it up enough. So I went and got one from nearby and that one was nearly empty too. Game be trollin'.

You only need to fill the balloon about halfway to reach the top.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Oldstench posted:

So suddenly my map won't come up. GIS tells me that it was fixable by picking up scrap, going to a balloon, or finishing an objective, but that the latest patch broke those fixes.

:mediocre:

...I think I've been having something like this?

After playing for a while GUI text will stop showing up (Junk counters, danger level drops, anything else that would cause text onscreen.) Sometimes a cut scene will fix it, like reflling the canteen or disarming a mine, but lately that stopped working and I have to quit out to the main menu and reload.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Reverse Centaur posted:

I reinstalled the game and the frame rate problem vanished. Yay, now I've just gotta stop trying to use a grappling hook to travel all the time.

Yeah, with the framerate issues I could see how you could think you were playing JC3 :v:

For real though I went back to GTA:O and kept trying to grapple buildings.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

dogstile posted:

Yeah, they're always in the same triangle, so drive the magnum opus into one mine to find them, then shoot thunderpoons where the others "should be". It'll take a couple tries, but you'll get them.

..Don't do this without at least lvl2 armour upgrades installed. You'll explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I think with less than lvl2 it's insta-death but honestly i'd have to check.

• Locked thread