Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

I play this game about once a year. I complain about the thin plot, stupid dialogue, and repetition every time, and enjoy the heck out of it. It's oddly charming, as long as you like grinding.

It always seems like Blizzard Bombs drop at a much lower rate than Fire Bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

I dunno what it is, but every time I see the Mayor, I just wanna punch him in that fat, insufferably smug face of his.

This is the correct reaction.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

For all that this game is a weird mess of standard tropes, I do want to say that I like that they flipped the standard RPG roles, so that our protagonist is the relatively passive and gentle healy-priest type, and that the childhood girl friend is the pushy one who gets the aggressive magic. And that she seems to be the only one who recognizes that this whole thing is a little bit nuts.

[edit] Also, Dragonatrix, you've gotten me to take Omega Ruby out of my 3DS for the first time in months to restart this, congratulations.

KillerEggplant fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 13, 2015

• Locked thread