Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
I like the LP so far.

Dragonatrix posted:

Okay, NOW we can finally stuff something down Owen's throat. We can only choose between the two we have here right now...

And neither is very good, to be frank. We'll very quickly get ones that outclass both of these, but these are amongst the easiest to make since they basically just cost money.
[...]
The MP one is technically better (since Heal costs 3MP), but it really does not matter at the moment. Adding an extra point or 2 of HP here and there doesn't make much of a difference, but it'll add up quickly.

Later in the game, you only need to focus your food. So long as you have a rough plan, it all evens out.

But not earlygame.

Earlygame, order matters. Well, okay. It would if this game weren't so easy. But order is simple. You only get a few choices, so it's easy to make them. For food, you can either raise HP by 1 or MP by 2. Let's find the best route.

HP starts nebulous. Constitution stays at 3 long enough for HP to drop quickly. 1 HP adds up, but all early food options past these raise it 1 or 2. A few early points don't buy you another hit.
For MP, just one thing uses MP early on: Heal. So, does that matter? Hell yeah. Heal restores 100+wisdom for 3 MP. At base, that restores 105 HP — more than three times your starting HP. Heal stays a full restore for a long time. But MP only affects how much you can use it. You start at 8, so it starts at twice. Boosting MP brings you to 10, so you can use it three times. Boosting it again leaves you at 12, enough for exactly 4.

So, it's 2 HP or 2 full heals. Unless you play recklessly (totally fair for how slow this game gets), go for two Boiled Veggies. Then stop because you get Pigboar Stew. Pigboar Stew: Until You Can Boost Constitution, gently caress Everything Else.

Nuffkins fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

Dr. Billy posted:

I liked this game! I didn't beat it, but the food system means no challenge stays hard forever.

That system works so you never get stuck. It just doesn't work when you min/max like an idiot and make the game too easy. The food system depends on you trying to progress every day. Once you have ingredients, nothing stops you from skipping each day to eat. It gets tedious, but ~10 stat points take less than 20 minutes to get — gather to eat. You can do silly things.

The game is as hard as you make it, and I'm glad Dragonatrix keeps it interesting.

Nuffkins fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 4, 2015

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
Does this game's art baffle anyone else? Like, the 3D models in the dungeon look okay. The textbox borders look nice. The town looks great. But something — and I don't know what it is — just, s.o.m.e.t.h.i.n.g doesn't look quite right. Can you spot it? I'll give you a hint: the background loving sucks.

e: I coulda linked a lot more.

Nuffkins fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 4, 2015

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

Alavaria posted:

As long as it is interesting... not bad how everything is conveniently about digging an even deeper dungeon...

The overall premise works. The details don't. People wouldn't ask about Kate fitting tropes if she weren't riddled with them and boring.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

It's gotta be the shovel. The mayor will just be a blowhard who had no clue what's going on.

But I wanna punch his face in! He's hopefully at least boss of Floor 10: tourism.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
To the LPer: I am the Devil Prince and I eagerly await the next update. However, you have not posted it yet. If the LP is not completed, I shall be really sad. Please ensure the LP continues as before. Refuse my request, and I shall be sad... for all eternity.
-Devil Prince

e: C'mon everybody! Let's get to page 10 and defeat Dragonatrix.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

Isn't that kind of the exact thing the Dungeon Digger is doing?

Master of the Human Lair

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
Out with the bad writing, in with the bad formatting! What next? Will the Devil Second Cousin only use emoji?

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
hey, it could be The Demon Queen for all we know! wait, nevermind, the games industry wouldn't do that. totally forgot about sexism in video games for a second there haha whoops my bad.

e: Also, I'm a little disappointed. Gloop would get so dope if it could take body parts from bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

Sinking Ship posted:

Postgame content is typically just 'do what you were doing before but much harder' so I'm not surprised the story cut back.

Postgame content here is just 'do what you were doing before but much easier/more boring'.

• Locked thread