Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

What's this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Average Bear posted:

What's this?

It's a classic meme from Mount & Blade Warband.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Crpg is fun

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
only if by "fun" you mean "gay"

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Gay is fun

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there's this one napoleonic wars map where the french deploy on this big hill surrounded by trees and the russians spawn in a valley beneath them. the french have to build lovely little fortifications and use cannons while the russians harass them and charge up a hill.

everything about it is pretty janky and while it's charming id really like to see it tried on a real engine

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

god bless the turks who made this game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's rear end.

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

if you didn't play as a horse archer you were basically playing wrong

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Dumbfire Rocketman posted:

if you didn't play as a lancer you were basically playing wrong

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
defend the stairs

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Couching your lance and charging straight for the lord in charge of the enemy army as soon as the battle starts so the first contact is you instantly knocking his jabroni rear end out is some grade-A gaming.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If you have the good AI mod the whole army starts attacking you too lol

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Wormskull posted:

It's rear end.

It's all hosed up but I thought it was more balanced than unmodded multiplayer

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
it's my opinion that Warband is probably the best game of all time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

If you have the good AI mod the whole army starts attacking you too lol

I hate the good AI mod because its easier for it to set its dudes up in a good way than it is for me, lol.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Extra posted:

defend the stairs

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
Bannerlord going to be the second coming of Christ.

If they put in 64 man multiplayer campaign mode they would have the greatest game of all time on their hands.

Rodnik fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 1, 2015

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What do you do in these games .

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Anything you would want to do in a medieval world.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You kill people for greater Poland.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You kill people for greater Poland.

Can I murder Poles instead?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Can I murder Poles instead?

Hell yes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

its kinda like sid meiers pirates if you ever played that, theres a big world map populated by towns and roving bandits and big armies fighting over the towns and you start out as a person with one horse and some stuff and over time you can make big armies and join a nation and own land or make yourself king but theres no real end state, you just do what you want.

in combat its left click to swing and right click to block and you can do both in different directions by the movement of the mouse, and also you can ride a horse around and make it jump.

i like the game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theres also a dating subgame where you get married to your choice of frumpy medieval housewife.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds neat. Is it all single player

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Sounds neat. Is it all single player

all the world map and rpg stuff is single player but the combat stuff is multiplayer with some different modes and like a cash buy system, where the more you kill the better swords and horses you can get next time around

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the fire and sword expansion that lets you destroy the poles with muskets has my favorite mode where you recruit a small team of ai guys and order them around against large ai armies of like 80 guys at a time with other players working together, its hard but fun

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's really fun. I have 330 hours in it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm a fan of le Brytenwalda mod.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5J5LEBVCk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

all the world map and rpg stuff is single player but the combat stuff is multiplayer with some different modes and like a cash buy system, where the more you kill the better swords and horses you can get next time around

Neat. Aren't they making a new one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Neat. Aren't they making a new one

yah its looking nice but all theyve shown so far is screenshots really and some videos about the mapping tools they use

its gonna be more fall of the western roman empire than medieval this time which is neat

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

oh i forgot my favorite small thing, if you want a town to like you more in mount and blade you can just go to their bar and keep buying everybody free drinks all day every day until they forget why they hate you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol this all sounds cool. I'll try it when the next game comes out

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With Fire And Sword is honestly the best of these games they licensed to use the engine, the multiplayer is way better than Napoleonic warfare and stuff. But when it came out everyone kept trying to take on big armies full of musketeers and lancer cavalry with like 6 dudes and going 'wtf why is it so hard? this game is broken'. you cna't do the normal mount and blade thing and have an army of 100 knights beat 10000 peasant faggots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id happily accept any invading force if i never had to pay for a beer again

• Locked thread