Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

mooyashi posted:

how much do you guys think you've spent on SA over your posting career

a ton but most indirectly from people buying me certs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Badger of Basra posted:

i judge beers solely by their can/bottle design

old can designs are bizarre

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

paragon1 posted:

Republicans

Democrats

to be fair, the democrats were the Democratic-Republicans

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

paragon1 posted:

I'm just saying we don't have a lot of room to talk in that particular department.

yeah but the american names are merely vague instead of being actively contradictory or confusing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Warszawa posted:

my lady's favorite fast & furious movie is tokyo drift

if she hadn't immediately followed up with "tied with 5!" I think that might have been it

weird those are also my favorite fasts and furiouses

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

nutranurse posted:

nah people dont take environmentalists seriously b/c that shits scary and would require too much fundamental change of our system. vegans are not environmentalists, vegans are loving crazy people.

seriously though a good half or more of current self described environmentalists hold beliefs in active opposition to saving the environment, usually based on knowledge as of like the 60s and 70s.

CoolCab posted:

vegans seem okay. people get crazy weird about people who's diets are different

vegans are bad because refusal to use any animal product whatsoever imposes undue ecological burden

vegans specifically go beyond just diet

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CoolCab posted:

man you're a cool dude fishmech, i like your posting a lot, and even more i like how people react to it. you too, other chat regulars.

i liked when someone was so angry they declared it made sense to say you live in boston if you live in providence, (literally the capital of a different state and like 40 miles away) just because he couldn't accept a sane definition of what a city is

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
absurd when did you move to the us

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I feel like you already posted this. Also, why did you want to know when I moved here?

because you say weird things that are explained by that move date

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

hey fishmech, can i stack the 10% student advantage discount for amtrak with the 25% discount for buying a seat in the northeast corridor two weeks ahead of time? it's 52 each way boston-nyc with just the early reservation discount, which roundtrip is over three times the cost of a bus, but frankly i've taken enough buses to penn station that i hate them.

edit: i'm not good at this if i'm discussing trains but not star wars

just try scheduling the trip with the student discount selected in the dropdown

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Small Frozen Thing posted:

He is the Ted Rall of D&D

nah ted rall occasionally stumbles on a good idea in an insufferable manner.

nutranurse posted:

reading europol and it seems like most of these eurogoons are just jealous of the us bombing brown people

all euros should be forcibly assimilated into american english culture and language

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Worthless concern troll, STEM über Alles, what else am I missing

i really love it when people decry liberal arts while being all over stem, which is like 3/4 liberal arts

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Randler posted:

Come now, tell us how you really feel. Take into consideration that Europe is still a place where trains are actually used.

heavy freight usage is way better fir the environment

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

nutranurse posted:

what even are tuskan raiders

white arizonans after 1000 years

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

nutranurse posted:

this makes some sense

just think about it
1) lives in a horrible desert
2) loving loves guns
3) loving loves defending their territory
4) shoots to kill at anyone that ain't them

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

nutranurse posted:

they could also be comanche by that defenition tho

comanche are justified though

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jagchosis posted:

the filthy loving rich in america still push their children into high compensating professions. i took a class with the son of the ceo of goldman sachs for fucks sake

"can buy a multimillion dollar house while unemployed for a year" counts as filthy loving rich right?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

V. Illych L. posted:

basically, a rich kid that ends up as a doctor will have ended up that way because doctoring is one of a relatively few permitted professions outside of capital-b Business for kids like that. they could also become lawyers (not sure how that's developing in america these days) or politicians, but won't find many rich people in engineering or doing apprenticeships. the wave of Big Tech is probably going to make software acceptable as well, but who knows with those nouveau-riche buggers

now i will cleverly run away and have another go at sleeping if i can

pretty sure bill gates' family counted as loving rich and he got into engineering for sure (and the family money sure helped with starting microsoft)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i've read someone who says he's attracted to girls that age describe it as "hebephilia"

to me, i just read it as "a pedophile with a thesaurus"

here's the thing about ephebophillia/hebephillia:

usually people who talk about that actively choose to seek out underage people. they're perfectly attracted to and capable of being attracted to people that loving won't put you in jail over, but no, they insist on being creepy and gross

like honestly it's worse than being a pedophile. pedophiles are usually intrinsically hosed up and just cant handle doing it with legit people.

saying ur an ephebophile instead of a pedophile is like saying "excuse me i'm not a murderer, i'm a murderer with malice aforethought"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

euphronius posted:

Lolita is one of the great works of 21 st century English fiction
Lol no gently caress Nabakov tho right thought crime

"yeah," the hip English professor says, in a desperate bid to stay relevant, gesturing at his various treatises on Nabokov, "i guess you could call me a ‘lolicon,’ heh"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Il Federale posted:

ive never seen the old one, however i liked the new one

but everyone tells me this is bad, is this true?

the new one is thoroughly decent/good movie. the old one is great

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 3, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

icantfindaname posted:

haruhi's a bad show

k-on at least has the boiled down essence of moe going on, haruhi's just boring

haruhi owns, imo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Venom Snake posted:

well they are fun!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Who wants to admit embarrassing things they did as a teenager

cotinuing to use SA from 2002 to 2009

Venom Snake posted:

the furry art industry is like a multi million dollar one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNCTvXpXtMw

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
"pennslyvania is a swing state" is a great thing, because you know anyone who says it doesn't know poo poo about elections beyond watching like fuckin cnn

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Il Federale posted:

hasnt it been a blue state for at least the last 4 elections now

blue state since 1992. during the republican waves in 1980 1984 and 1988 it was significantly more democrat than the country at large.

people trying to claim it's a swing state are over optimistic republicans keep trying to pretend they can outfuck philadelphia and pittsburgh

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

icantfindaname posted:

question time for D&D: are filipinos hispanic?

are they from a place colonized by spaind -> yes -> hispanic

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Venom Snake posted:

Whats this thread opinion on EVA

get in the robot shinji

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

joeburz posted:

fat shaming is dumb but people(as in more than 10 idiots) think that morbid obesity isn't a health issue?

i'd say there's 10 people who sincerely believe it and a whole bunch more who espouse it because otherwise they have to confront it

PupsOfWar posted:

crochet is cool insofar as indians like it and are cool, but it is bad insofar as it is terrible

the implantation of cricket among the indians is among the british empire's crimes

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Why do people want Bernie to actually win? Imo he'd be better staying in Congress to do things or at least give good filibusters

they want him to win because they think the president has dictatorial powers and obama just refused to use them (also probably only bush and obama are the only presidents they can actively remember).

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

nutranurse posted:

why would lucas include jar jar when we can get perfectly good antics from r2 and c3po

because c3po would make a worse senator in episode 3

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 16, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
jesus christ i woke up with my knee hurting a ton and it still does

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe