Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mooyashi posted:

how much do you guys think you've spent on SA over your posting career

nothing, a friend bought me an account and plat and i've never been banned or changed my av. pretty amazing value i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

i'm the whitenoisest honestly. my only probation was for getting drunk in the tf2 thread years ago :unsmith:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i saw avengers 2.

not so great, honestly. a bunch of nitpicks and the obsessive need to pack each action sequence with one liners bordered on concerning. also you could feel how loving clever the director thought he was being at times, to the point it was kind of unsettling.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

The Warszawa posted:

i see you're unfamiliar with joss whedon

my whedon tolerance is only so high, avengers 1 didn't jam pack this amount of wittiness in to the point of it being forced.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i think he knows how to do one thing well and that's "superheroes hanging around not being superheroes" and a bunch of things poorly, which makes him seem insincere

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i don't care for anime, but it's like, wrestling or comic books or something. everyone likes one dumb embarrassing thing and the only thing more dumb and embarrassing is arguing that yours is less.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Effectronica posted:

My favorite part of Avengers 2 hours, 21 minutes was where the only character with any development was loving Hawkeye.

i think that the spy lady actually somehow went backwards

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

kustomkarkommando posted:

The quip level in Avengers 2 was reaching dangerous levels

the worst of it was when quicksilver gets shot like fifty times with an automatic cannon and manages to get a quip out as his last words

that was the moment you could literally feel joss's erection btw

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

The Warszawa posted:

spoiler isn't quote you dick

yeah sorry i fixed that by the time you quoted it

my bad

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

The Warszawa posted:

ironically i had already been spoiled on it because i follow the business side pretty closely - contracts, actor deals etc

i had paid 0 attention to anything so it was all a surprise to me. didn't make it better, honestly.

also they cast an olsen who couldn't act. i later learned she'd taken interpretive dance to prepare for the role and said yep, sounds about right.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mooyashi posted:

i think one of my big problems with anime is that whatever the content it seems to always be sexualized by the fans in a sincere way

lmao yeah that's only a problem with anime

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
can't wait for comic book movies to crash, poo poo is loving stupid at the moment

smart money's on superman versus batman

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Effectronica posted:

Her, Ruffalo, and Downey Jr.

i love the part where hulk's like "THIS IS loving INSANE LITERALLY EVERY THREAT WE'VE MADE WAS CREATED BY YOU TELLING ME "THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT"

"yes, but this time it's different"

AND IT SOMEHOW WAS

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

you cant let fandom ruin your interests if youre pursing anything remotely nerdy, hth

if you spend your time worrying that it can be ruined by fans you will enjoy literally nothing

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

expectations for ant man are mixed so it'll be interesting to see how well it does $$$ wise

right but we've had comic book movies that did bad, i want one that loving crashes with A listers and poo poo to loving murder the industry

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

i just want 1, ONE good superhero movie w/ any kind of minority in the lead

thats where im at these days

it's amazing there have been like four ridiculous budgeted superhero movies about a green person before there's been one with a black one

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mooyashi posted:

this was pretty much what Steel did, and Blade was good but nobody cared until Spiderman

i categorically refuse to believe steel had a budget

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
every year up to 19 i feel like i was a different kind of complete moron

20s moves that to five year discrete periods

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mooyashi posted:

i'm glad that i still look back and shake my head at the loving idiot i used to be every once in a while because when that stops happening you've stopped learning and it's time to die

the only wisdom i've ever earned is "treat yourself as a complete moron" and it's the greatest thing i've ever internalized.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
vegans seem okay. people get crazy weird about people who's diets are different

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mooyashi posted:

what was everyone's "gently caress i'm an adult whether i like it or not" moment

mine was writing checks while listening to Phil Collins while the lady was looking for her keys to go to Costco

first time i felt like a dirty old man looking at a 19 year old

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mooyashi posted:

much like drug users, ephebophiles and athiests, the ones who want to be vocal are the worst

yep

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
man you're a cool dude fishmech, i like your posting a lot, and even more i like how people react to it. you too, other chat regulars.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

like, ive never seen her more crushed than after 2003's Hulk movie

what the gently caress was that movie, i went and saw it in theaters and it was so weird. it's a movie about a big ogre dude who punches tanks how can you gently caress that up?

nutranurse you're cool. sorry for picking on your haircut dude, i think "middleaged lesbian" is a more evocative term then just "lesbian"

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
like "middleaged lesbian" conjours a certian image, you know? a lady who's been with someone who should be her wife for a decade but unfortunately needed to be called a "life partner" for a frankly disgusting length of time. a subscription to the guardian and lib dem membership. an opinion on local theater and an electric car. it's an entire package, you know?

coolcab's been drinking

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

UKMT thread is going to turn real nasty post election, mark my words

right?

man i remember when i said "meth is probably not a good thing to be legal on reflection" and the thread flipped

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
labour will form an incredibly weak minority government with snp "support", will last less then two years, crushing tory victory after a vote of confidence.

calling it

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i think the referendum summoned a bunch of non-lf people (coolcab is an example) and the commies wound up diluted

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

ReidRansom posted:

oh new thread hey what's up

not much man, how you doing? your av is great i like it

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mooyashi posted:

i mean i dont know about flipping but i might disagree

i feel like legalization by degrees is the only thing that would ever be remotely palatable, and if we pushed for full meth decriminalization we will wind up with a strong rear end pushback that would wind up where we started

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

whats the galactic republics ruling on statutory rape

did they ever enforce any laws? they seemed more like a trade/military empire then an actual "pass laws" one

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

CoolCab posted:

did they ever enforce any laws? they seemed more like a trade/military empire then an actual "pass laws" one

it's like how the romans were like "what the gently caress ever, pay your taxes, don't threaten roman hegemony and do what the gently caress pleases you"

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jagchosis posted:

how do minority governments work in the UK? do they have to be coalition governments or is it like canada where the minority with the plurality gets the government til no confidence

in theory i think it's like canada, in practice i'm not sure. they passed the fixed term parliament act to enforce the current hosed government so no one is quite sure how it actually plays out. yaaaay, not having a constitution

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

man gently caress palpatine sheev

"this is how democracy dies" WHAT YOU loving IDIOT, WITH THE LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT loving LITERALLY EVERYTHING UP

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

corn in the bible posted:

I only eat food so underground that you have to find it with a shovel

i like you too, corn in the bible. you're cool i like your av

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
coolcab gets drunk, starts complementing everyone, telling them how their contribution makes the world better and more interesting. dnd chat thread is about dreams.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Randler posted:

As a man you're allowed to have a buzzcut. Haircuts not mentioned in the previous sentence are unacceptable.

i like the sort of 50s haircut that you gel down with a part that would make Moses blush. that's my favorite.

hi randler, how are you. you're pretty cool.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

hi Exclamation Marx! my sister is in new zealand doing that weird foreign gap year tourist thing. and i don't like it, but if she has to do it somewhere, new zealand seems pretty seemly. it's okay right? not fulla rapists or something

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

R. Mute posted:

what's her hairstyle

this is important

i dunno, she's been in new zealand forever. i miss her :smith:

hi r mute! you've got this like, unironic sincerity that i find really charming and nice? you're like, someone who'll keep fighting to make the world better long after the world has given up and i really respect and like that? we should have more r mutes in this horrible sin cursed world, if we did we'd be better off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Badger of Basra posted:

this is so weird

what i'm just kinda drunk, that's basically my gimmick by now

hi BoB! you're alright

• Locked thread