Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

revmoo posted:

LS1 swap

That's an LS3, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Bape Culture posted:

Also does anyone know about sound?

Cutouts with side-dumps.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

track day bro! posted:

Yeah thats gonna be great if he wants to limit himself to insanely expensive trackdays at silverstone only that have no noise restrictions.

Do you know what cutouts are

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Little electrical valve (or in some cases mechanical) to direct exhaust flow either through your quiet street exhaust, or dump it straight out for loud obnoxious mode at your discretion

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Bape Culture posted:

Sounds dope af!

Expensive?

Looks like around $170 to like $250 per side

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

fknlo posted:

The S2000 is like this but I haven't seen a lot of people talk about it being mid-engined with any kind of seriousness. Not that I haven't seen that talk out there though.

Front-mid is a legit thing. Aren't most recent Corvettes?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

InitialDave posted:

I mean, it's a thing, in that some cars do have a noticeably further-back engine location compared to other front engined cars, and it is a definite benefit in polar moment terms, you can't argue with the physics.

But I find the existence of the term "front mid-engined", and debate over what does and doesn't count, to be rather inane.

Is it any worse than "rear engine" vs "rear mid-engine"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Nicely done, it sounds like a proper car now :D

• Locked thread