Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Coydog posted:

Could someone explain to me why this car is so universally hated, and the 4 is so universally loved? I feel like I'm in a bizarro world where the quacking and bland 4 is the new hotness, and the concepty, interesting, visual art that is the i3 is regarded as the worst thing to happen to autos since the aztek.

Is everyone being ironic?

The i3 is like a hyper-Prius with smug overload with a hood that isn't meant to be opened ever. "car guys" get all indignant about it grin and nudge the person next to them and go 'heh i3 HEH' especially because it's cool to hate BMW now because they made driver cars before and now they have lost their way and made everything fat and man why don't they sell cars with roll up windows anymore :argh:
It's totally a dog-pile thing. For me the Aztek wasn't that bad looking vs. the hate it got, but when you take into account how GM designed that thing and the committee work and all that it becomes more ugly. Same could be said about the i3 I suppose. We also have car guys on this very forum that like to hate on Tesla of all things even though they make an electric car with more room than SUVs and capable of keeping up with M3s that can go 200+ miles without using gasoline. Also, American made but I guess that's cool to hate as well, maybe.

I like the i3 quite a lot visually, but I also know that poo poo is going to look dated faster than the new Camaro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread