Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
AP fell to me at #3, I couldn't pass him up. Also, I snagged Dez at #23 overall...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Miami's D looked like a great match up pretty much every game through week 7 at the beginning of this year... now I'm wondering if they're going to get torched by the likes of Tyrod with how lovely they played the jags

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Im counting on fitz to dominate again against SF's poo poo secondary because my WR depth is looking very sad right now

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I really hope Miller bounces back... my other option for RB2 at this point is Crowell. I do have Arian Foster waiting in the wings though. What are the chances he comes back and looks decent?

dat one portagee fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 22, 2015

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Anyone have high expectations for old man roddy for the rest of the season? I'm considering dropping him from my bench

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
So Lamar Miller is dead vs. the bills D this week right? I have matt jones and isaiah crowell as alternates... what has this world come to.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I also have dez bryant and andre ellington, the dolphins D... yet i'm still 2-0!

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
me too.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I don't know how much I believe it, but the new scuttlebutt is he may be back after their bye, which is week 7 I think? Who knows how he'll perform though.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

shyduck posted:

Marshawn Lynch has been terrible this season

Seattle's o-line has been terrible.

E: also thank you Greg Olsen and keenan allen for saving my week. Crowell, Matt Jones, Miami's D, and big bens early exit are really trying to lose it for me

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Yeah, I'm dropping Miami D immediately.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm 3-0 now because of miraculous performances by k. allen, fitz, and Olsen. With Roethlisberger out my back up is tannehill. Tyrod Taylor is on the waiver wire, but last time I jumped on the hype train (with Matt Jones) I got burned... luckily it didn't matter this week. Taylor is facing NYG at home, which seems like a good match up, better than Tanny facing the Jets I think. Derek Carr is also on the wire, OAK is in CHI which is another attractive match up as they got torched by ARI for a billion touch downs.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I have dez and big ben too, thankfully fitz has had a couple of monster games at WR1 for me

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Foster is supposed to return this week right?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm still holding out hope that Lamar Miller and the Dolphins will get their poo poo figured out and he can come back and produce, at least in the flex from time to time. I have AP and I'm banking on Arian Foster coming back strong to have a solid RB1/2 duo for the rest of the season. After Miller I have Matt Jones and... Isaiah Crowell for RB depth. its a sad state of affairs.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

Crunkjuice posted:

Jumping on the losing Big Ben Bandwagon, if I've got Tannehill on my bench should I ride him until Ben returns or should i target, Eli, Cam, Flacco, Dalton, Carr?

I'm in your situation, big ben as my QB1 and Tanny QB2. I don't think I trust Tannehill and the dolphins enough to start him for possibly 6 straight weeks, I'm trying to decide on rolling the dice with Tyrod or picking up Carr off the wire.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

headcase posted:

Me too except looking at Dalton vs Tyrod. On one hand Dalton is the #2 QB in my league after 3 games. On the other hand, he's Andy Dalton

He's available on my wire too, i'm just looking at his upcoming schedule vs SEA and BUF, those could be tough games.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Yeah, you've probably got some big ben/tanny/romo owner in trouble if the QB wire is picked clean

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Palmer for sure.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
damnit i just picked up eagles defense and jordan reed....

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Peep this trade:

GET: ODB
GIVE: Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen

My RBs are Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, and Karlos Williams.
My WRs are Dez (:gonk:), Fitz, Keenan Allen, Stevie Johnson, and Marvin Jones.

I picked up Jordan Reed to slide into TE and I think I'm going to drop Stevie for either Woodhead or Matt Jones for RB depth. Which of those two would you go with, standard scoring?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
hmm, just noticed my AB owner is without a TE... good idea

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Schefter says Foster is good to go today, barring a pregame setback. I think I have to play him now.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
With the news that luck is officially out now I decided to see who my opponent had for back up... Mariota who is on a Bye.

I just swooped in picked up Dalton and Tanny off FA so now he's stuck with his choice of Bortles, FitzP, or Alex Smith as a viable back up. I feel a little dirty, but hey thems the breaks

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm glad I finally dropped Miami's D. I held on for as long as I could hoping against hope they might turn things around

e: now I just need to do something with miller

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Has the tyrod train derailed?

E- spoke too soon!

dat one portagee fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 4, 2015

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
god drat Arian Foster, eagles D, and Greg Olsen really hosed me over this week.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
My choice is between Dalton and Tyrod...

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm working on a trade and need to give up either Keenan allen or Larry Fitz. Who would you rather keep going forward?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Alright, who should I start for TE this week - Olsen is on a bye and both these guys are FA:

Gary Barnidge @ BAL
Richard Rodgers vs STL

Barnidge has had some big games lately and seems to have good chemistry with McCown, but Rodgers is on a pretty drat good offense

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Mine / His

I'm trying to work a trade for Odell. I offered Olsen and Dalton or Williams and Dalton. He countered Barnidge, Williams, Dalton. I think I could part with that, I'm riding the tyrod train until roethlisberger returns to form (hopefully), and I could trade Allen or Fitz for some quality RB sometime down the line as well. So far I haven't been able to unload Dez or Miller for anything, but i'm still clinging to them in hopes I can get some return.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Jesus, I've only scored 1 point combined from my D/ST this year

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
poo poo, i looked at someone else's d/st score one week, i've actually scored... 8! Thank you Dolphins for a 14 point week 1! However, after week one I am -6, wonderful!!!!!

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Need 37 points between Allen and Woodhead... let's do this

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm thinking about streaming the Titans D/St against Miami this week. But the Bengals D/St is also on the wire... Which should I pick up?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I've got a flex spot to fill:

Charmander, Keenan allen, woodhead, or Lamar Miller.

GB's defense is pretty good, so I'm not sure about allen or woodhead. Woodhead might be the safer option between those two. West is a gamble, and who the gently caress knows if the dolphins ever figure out their poo poo and figure out how to get Miller involved.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

Suave Fedora posted:

Scoring settings would be critical here.

but

GB's weakness is the ground game. They give up the 5th most rushing yards. Their strength is their secondary, where they are 4rth best at allowing the lowest passing yards per game. So Keenan is out in this scenario. But where does this put Woodhead? As the passing-down RB, I think it puts him in a good spot. He's not going to be catching passes deep into the secondary, he's going to be catching at the line and around the LBs. I can't say for sure how well GB's LB are playing because I don't watch them all that much, but I think both Woodhead and Melvin Gordon will be used a lot - Gordon to take advantage of the soft rush D and Woodhead to spread the field with his versatile toolset.

Miller is best left on the bench until we see how the new MIA staff implements him. His arrow is pointing up, but I wouldn't roster him unless I had no other choice.

Which leaves Charmander. I can totally see Reid using him up and down the field, and pulling him at the goal-line for Knile. Why? Because he's a loving walrus, with quivering whiskers and all. He's not a bad spot start, but I would have to go with the proven commodity in Woodhead here.

sorry, standard scoring. But yeah, that makes sense.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Should I be starting Bort Bort over Cutty this week?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm glad Miller showed up, I just hope its consistent. Miami defense looked good too, but they were playing the Titans so we'll see if that holds uo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Alright guys, who do you like better this week, T-mobile or Bortman? Bortles is a FA but I have Tyrod slated to start right now. Tyrod can rack up points with his legs, but Bortles has been throwing really well lately and has good receivers.

Also for my flex - can we trust in Miller now to give him the start? My other option is woodhead.

• Locked thread