Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Whatever happened with the beer sheets drama from a few months ago? Am I sheet-less? I don't see a link the OP. I'm happen enough trying to do some research on my own, but those were super awesome last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

It's at the very top of the OP bolded and with huge sirens

Well uh. I don't have an excuse. I'm going to go be ashamed in the corner by myself. Thanks for the link.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Uuuugh my team just got rolled week 1. Do I flail about wildly making horrible waiver wire pickups, or should I sit pat and try to recover? I'm guessing...horrible wire pickups.

Team:
QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Frank Gore, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Isaiah Crowell
WR: ODB, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Nelson Agholor, Marques Colston
TE: Greg Olsen, Dwayne Allen

So...I'm hosed at RB for a week or two. Eventually I suppose Bell & Stewart will pick up. Maybe Gore will recover? I dunno man. I'm eyeing Ronnie Hillman at Waiver, possibly DeAngelo Williams. Are either worth snagging at this point? I could stomach trading Hillman for Crowell or Martin.

WR like...if ODB ever gets targets, I'm probably okay. Davante Adams turned out to be a bit of a bust, and I'm last on the Wk 2 waiver wire so I guarantee James Jones will be gone before it gets to me. I've heard noise around Donte Moncrief, at least for a week or two, otherwise I have no idea what to look for. Agholor I know nothing about, Colston seems really hit or miss. Any advice? What should I be targeting to get myself out of this mess?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Gyshall posted:

Colston looks more or less phased out of the offense, fwiw. Coleman is the guy there that looks like he'll emerge.

Enforka posted:

I think I would sit pat for the most part. Hard to do after nearly all your studs played like crap, but Luck, ODB, Olsen and Gore are all better than they played this weekend. Maybe get rid of Stafford? I can't imagine starting him over Luck unless it's a 2QB league.

I know it's a page back but I wasn't able to check the thread last night.

Thanks for the advice, folks. As I said, I've got "flail about wildly" syndrome. Turns out our waiver order swaps every week to reverse standings, so I'm actually first! (Yay?) I think I'll swap Colston for James Jones. I'm still on the fence about Hillman.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress me Bell. Welp, there goes that gamble.

Also is Gio Bernard even playing? :negative:

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What's the hot defense advice this week? I've made the mistake of sitting on the pats for a few weeks, and I see the Chiefs and Texans out there.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks all.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Eeked into the playoffs woo! Now I need to figure out how to salvage my roster. Would you guys keep Stafford or Hoyer as a backup behind Bortles?

Do you think David Johnson is worth owning? I am eyeing him and Doig Baldwin as waiver snags instead of one of the three quarterbacks I own and probably James Jones.

Also what's the D/ST thought this week. I like the Packers rather than the Bears even though the Redskins have been atrocious, since the Cowboys are a nightmare this year. I could also snag the Rams or the Chiefs who are probably better long term but I don't love their match ups this week. Am j crazy to not immediately grab the Chiefs?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Crap. I got David Johnson and Duke Johnson confused. Duke Johnson is kinda crappy.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

dxt posted:

He sure is! and I've been stuck starting either him or Charles Sims (or both when Freeman was concussed...) since Le'veon died.

Sorry about that, man. I managed to pick up our lord and savior Thomas Rawls when Bell died on me.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I can't watch the game right now, so can someone tell me what the gently caress happened to Bortles?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Cervixalot posted:

Goose eggs from evans and arob, injuries to dalton, eifert, jstew and olsen. Gonna be sweet to get eliminated in 3 leagues today.

Wait, what happened to jstew and Olsen? gently caress ME. I've had Luck, Le'Veon, Romo, Jstew, and Olsen all on my team at various points this year. It's just been one giant MASH unit.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Arcturas posted:

Wait, what happened to jstew and Olsen? gently caress ME. I've had Luck, Le'Veon, Romo, Jstew, and Olsen all on my team at various points this year. It's just been one giant MASH unit.

And I had Rawls. Now my RBs are Frank Gore and Hightower. Christ.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Would you folks play Bortles or Stafford this week? On the one hand, Stafford is a mess. On the other hand, he's playing the Saints.

My brain says Bortles but my greedy greedy heart says Stafford. (I could also try to waiver Fitzpatrick or Winston but they seem eh)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks for the advice on Bortles v Stafford. It sounds like I need to do some guessing.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Giodo! posted:

There was no reason to think Woodhead was going to have a great game given his recent track record.

I keep repeating to myself, sobbing.

The real question is whether to start Woodhead this week.

(For me it's an important one. I have J. Stew, Hightower, Gore, Gio, Woodhead, and D. Robinson. If Stewart plays he's in, but after that gently caress if I know.)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

VietCampo posted:

Melvin Gordon was placed on IR yesterday fwiw. Woodhead might return to RB1 status given the chargers don't go back to being stupid.

I'm starting him over Ivory. Or do i pick up Bilal Powell from waivers? 1 ppr.

Thats good to know, thanks, particularly as J. Stew keeps going back and forth. Woodhead, Hightower, flex F. Gore? I don't trust Denard Robinson. Gio v. Gore is a tossup but I think the Dolphins are softer vs. RBs than the Broncos so maybe I'll do that at flex. Or Ted Ginn Jr. if my waiver pickup goes through.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I need some sit/start advice urgently for the finals. Is Woodhead worth running at RB2 this week? (Thursday game so I have to decide today.)

My RB situation is:
Woodhead, Hightower, Gore, Gio, J. Stew.

I am thinking of flexing a WR so just need to decide if Woodhead is better than my other options. Thoughts? (I also don't love Hightower but have time to think about that, and time to see if Stewart will play.)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ugh. WR2 for the Championship:

Doug Baldwin
Ted Ginn Jr.
Lockett

Obviously I play Baldwin over Lockett if he's playing (and I pay enough attention to find out an hour before the game - though it's looking likely at the moment). The hard question is whether Ginn makes sense over either.

MrSargent posted:

I need a gut check. I'm currently starting the following at RB.

Hightower
Williams
Artis Payne

Am I being stupid benching both Miller and Gurley when they helped get me here? I had a huge game from Cousins last night so need a safe floor more than I need a high ceiling at this point I think. The usage/matchup issues have me really questioning who to play.

I don't think Miller's that bad a bet. But I also hope both Miller & Gurley crash & burn this week because my opponent has both.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Rorobb posted:

Ugh I keep flip flopping on this... Cmike, Gore, James White, Wheaton, or LaFell for my flex? Standard scoring. Stupid OBJ... I'm leaning Gore but I don't like it.

I've got different bad options, but I'm also flexing Gore this week. It's not ideal but...

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Arcturas posted:

I've got different bad options, but I'm also flexing Gore this week. It's not ideal but...

So I know I was skeptical of Gore earlier but drat, he's pulling through! I kinda wish they showed that game here in Salt Lake so I could figure out what's happening. Can anyone give me the tl;dr?

Fakeedit: just caught a replay with Gore's 37 yd touchdown run. drat. Where has this version of Gore been all season?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

The fantasy gods are setting me up for horrible disappointment next week. (That or I did something to appease them this week). Bort, Hightower, Baldwin, Gore, and the Texans D/ST have been ridiculous for me this week. (Woodhead and Gostkowski are fine, Olsen gets a pass for having a weak week, and Martavis Bryant is basically the worst because Rapelisberger.) Fingers crossed that I can head into the championship final week with a 40-ish point lead!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ok, I have a 72 point lead, minus whatever McManus (Denver's kicker) puts up, going into the second week of our finals. I know, week 17 finals are silly. Such is life. Hopefully a 60-ish point lead will hold out.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Of my 16 draft picks, I've got 4 or 5 starting on my final-secod-week-of-the-championships team: ODB (3rd round), Gore (5th round), Olsen (6th round), J. Stewart (if he plays, 7th round), and Gostkowski (13th round). Otherwise my whole team is waiver wire pickups. (I guess technically Stafford, my 14th round pick, is back on my team again after I dropped and then re-picked him, but he's been warming the bench behind Bortles.

Le'Veon Bell, Luck, and Jordan Matthews, you were all horrible disappointments. The middle of my draft went great, and then the fliers...well, they didn't pan out but that's fine. At least I started early on the TE/K run and got some of the only consistent players there. Otherwise, thank god I was one of the only two people consistently watching the waiver wire.

Still, I have to give major props to the beer sheets. The injuries were unexpected, and the Colts problems really couldn't have been predicted. Thanks for putting those out!

Now I gotta see if my 60-pt lead can hold on through this weekend's end-of-season shitshow.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do you guys think J. Stew will play and be useful this weekend? I'm starting Hightower and Gore, and trying to decide between J. Stew and one of James White, Woodhead, and M. Bryant at flex. If Stewart plays he's normally great, but I'm worried the Panthers will decide the game doesn't matter that much and they'd rather give him a few extra weeks off to heal.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Speaking of defense guys, do you folks like the Texans D/ST or the Bengals D/ST this week? Texans look like they've got a higher ceiling, while the Bengals look to me like they'd be more reliable. Fantasy Pros has the Bengals ranked higher, too, but ESPN's projections (lol I know) have the Texans and Bengals tied on expected points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Wow. I put up 45 points this week and still won our championship. Sitting the Texans D/ST, Stafford, and J. Matthews was clearly the wrong choice. (But the Bengals, Bortles, and D. Baldwin looked so good...)

• Locked thread