Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Gyshall posted:

2015 TE RANKS

1. Rob Gronkowski

HUGE loving DROP OFF

2. Jimmy Graham

HUGE loving DROP OFF

3. Kelce/Olsen/Whomeverthefuck

Seattle is a run first team, but Graham should see some serious work in the red zone. I think it is reasonable to expect similar production to what he did last year (zeroes included.)

If mariota is good Delanie Walker is going to be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

My 2014/2015 fantasy hockey team:

-Patrick Kane
-Slava Voynov
-Evander Kane
-Sami Vatanen
-Kevin Shattenkirk
-Johan Franzen
-Matthieu Perrault

..etc. etc.

:stare:

Franks Happy Place posted:

I even ninja added one more I forgot. Plus there's another two or three dudes I can't even remember losing.

Still came in second. :tipshat:

:vince:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The 4 you mentioned and the kicker is who I would drop

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'd drop Ridley. Also Sankey. I want nothing to do with the TEN offense.

Sankey should be better next season because he wasn't able to do the spring events last year because of school also he should get more touches(hopefully)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Well then I defer to you guys. Didn't TEN grab a RB again this year too?

Yes David Cobb he is taking over shonn greene's job

Edit:

Spoeank posted:

And then Bishop Sankey's. Because Bishop Sankey is not very good at football.

To be determined this season

Metapod fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 17, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i'd say Austin Seferian-Jenkins is the sleeper tight end of the year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Kyle Rudolph will never step aside. He will be a breakout TE candidate in 2025 long after I have stopped caring about fantasy

so he is the josh freeman of tightends?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the thing with sankey was that whiz wouldn't give him consistent carries because gotta give greene the ball and the oline was really really hurt last season. he would one or two carries then whiz would switch hbs so he couldn't get in a groove

i will defend sankey forever :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

axelord posted:

He likes Lamar Miller for this year too.

Miller is good but doesn't get high usage because of dipshit coach so y'all have been warned

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
cooks is going to have a huge year with graham and stills no longer there

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kenny Britt aka two games made him a superstar among fantasy players

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It only took Doug Martin one game.

i seriously hate martin for that game of all weeks for him to do that it had to be against me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm looking directly at you, Percy Harvin.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
keenan allen has a special place in my heart because i was able to use him to trade for aj green :getin:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Zero RB strat last year was not viable. I did a bunch of mocks going for a Graham/Gronk or a DT/Peyton strat and kept getting Toby Gerhart and Bishop Sankey as RB1/2 and I wasn't comfortable with that

I did the zero hb strat last year and only didn't win the league because graham decided to put up a goose egg in the playoffs. My hbs were Ingram and Fjax

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

cheese posted:

It feels like there are even more backfields than usual that a total mess. The Browns arn't the only team who have a backfield that is entirely made up of late round fliers at best. Even some of the ones that seem like they have a decent starter like Dallas are just crazy risky.

Who is this decent starter in Dallas you speak of

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

Kenny Britt is gonna be big this year with Nick Folds hitting those deep balls.

I've heard that story one too many times

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Broncos will run because Kubiak is the coach

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

Let's play a goon only MFL10.

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2015/public?O=12&ACTION=LIST&PASSWORD=goon2015

Once it's filled I'll make a thread for pick commentary.

Could I draft on a phone?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wright had 5 red zone tds last year if anyone was wondering

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^all of that is true, I was just pointing out wright got red zone tds.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm in a league with a team projecting to start Cutler, TRich, Doug Martin, Roddy White, Colston, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, and Fleener...and our start up draft was this spring :downs:

:stonk:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

I really want to like Spiller in Sean Payton's offense but he's burned me so many times in the past. I'm torn.

Same

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If it's 1qb keep Lamar Miller over Wilson

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

What do you guys think of Duke Johnson?

He's no David Cobb

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

Damnit, I'm trying to think of a great way of determining draft order this year. Maybe some kind of video game simulation?

Play a game of horse

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

spacejung posted:

Teletubbies endurance marathon (Netflix has 1 season of 13 episodes so you may need to repeat a few cycles), no food or drink permitted other than Xanax and alcohol, reverse draft order determined by sequence of who falls asleep or leaves. I recommend securing a luxury hotel suite for this so the contest can be waged on neutral ground.

What is wrong with you?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

7 out of 10

Make a top 15 take best available

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The more players the more spread out the talent is. With 8 players it is a battle of super teams while 14+ players is a battle of penny pinchers. There is a noticeable difference between 8 and 10 and even more so if you jump to 12.

My personal preference is 12 because I feel it is the most balanced and strategic format.

Metapod fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 25, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Your rankings are messed up Charles Sims should be 1.01

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

poo poo my bad yo,

here I simulated a "Metadraft" and results are pretty compelling if I do say so myself.

Team 4 and 9 are going to the title

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pmchem posted:

The issue I was asking about is how you can decide, numerically, that you can "tough out" the suspension weeks vs. just draft JCharles, ADP, or Lacy instead. You have to be making a specific decision that Bell is a certain amount more valuable in weeks 4-13 than one of those guys (not just any replacement player). That, he will add X probability over your second-favorite RB each of the weeks 4-13 so that the replacement-level loss in weeks 1-3 compared to your second-favorite RB still leads to +<EV> in terms of total games won over weeks 1-13. That means he must be _hugely_ better in +EV than your second-favorite RB, since weeks 1-3 you will be at a major disadvantage. In fact, if you get "9 games with, 3 games without" in weeks 1-13 (1 week bye, doesn't count) then he must provide an increased win probability of at least 33% of the [ win probability decrease of your replacement-level RB compared to second-best RB ].

It's a large enough difference that I doubt he can be justified as first RB off the board. You will need lucky wins in week 1-3 to be an overall winner with that strategy. But if you make the playoffs, you'd be +EV (assuming you have him ranked #1).

The problem is you are thinking with your brain and not your balls

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

I need a name for my team that involves JPP's finger but I'm coming up blank.

1 down 9 to go

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Le'Veon suspension officially reduced to 2 games

That makes it palatable to take him 1.01 imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Gearman posted:

Here's an interesting dilemma. I pick 9th overall, 0.5 PPR, and can keep two of these guys:

- Jamaal Charles (1st round)
- Martavis Bryant (8th Round)
- Joseph Randle (8th Round)
- Latavius Murray (8th Round)
- Kelvin Benjamin (12th Round)
- Travis Kelce (16th Round)

I like Randle and Murray as they both have lots opportunity to be RB1 on their respective teams. Randle has the better O-line, but I see Murray as the more talented back, but, ugh, Raiders. Benjamin's value is also pretty exceptional, and I only put Kelce on the board there because the next two rounds after him are typically D/STs and Kickers, so it's about as good a value as I could ever hope for in a top-5 TE.

Charles and Bryant would be who I keep but kelce is very tempting

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Only in .5 or 1ppr though.

That's all that matters

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

isn't that right and I just completed a trade where he gave up Ryan Tannehill to me in exchange for Kendall Wright and Terrance Williams. This is in a 1QB, 3WR, 1FLX dynasty league with half PPR. What do you guys think of that trade? I feel it's fairly equitable given that it addressed needs for both (he needed WR depth, I needed a backup QB), but I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Fair trade as long as tannehill wasn't his starter imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mariota is going to be ruined by whisenhunt so don't draft him in dynasty leagues

He will have a good year this year to get my hopes up then throw down the hammer of Thor at them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sataere posted:

If Mariota is bad this year, he'll have a coach brought in to make him better. And honestly, if I have Mariota, I have him, Carr and Bridgewater. At that point, I'm just playing the numbers game that one of them becomes elite.

Honestly though, I don't think Whisenhunt can ruin Mariota. The guy is gonna be awesome.

Metapod posted:

He will have a good year this year to get your hopes up then throw down the hammer of Thor at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Varg posted:

RG3 ruined RG3.. I knew he was gonna be a bust before he was drafted, where's my NFL analyst job?

Do you have a journalism degree or nfl playing/coaching experience?

• Locked thread