Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Holy crap. I'm commish of my league and have setup a controversial rule. It's an office league so I like to keep things fun but still competitive. Since it's an office league that means from time to time we get newbies that end up losing interest or dropping out.

If that happens then I, as commish, replace any bye week players with the highest projected players from their bench. Only bye week players and no going and picking people from the waiver, etc.

It's never made a lick of difference really because said person always has terrible teams to begin with, but it usually the squelches the "no fair he played an abandoned team!" people. Well it erupted into a firestorm today led by Mr. "I Take Fake Football Way Too Seriously" (Every office has one). After a long email thread where I stood my ground (FF is not a democracy dammit!) everything went silent for a few hours. Thought that was a bit odd.

Well, I just got served. Literally! I work at an ad agency and one of our clients is a hugeeeee law firm. Well all the offended players got together, formed a fake players association had a bunch of official documents drawn up by said law firm (who helps us participate in pranks from time to time) and served me with an incredibly authentic cease and desist for my actions (or be removed as commish).

I have to admit when I got the:

"Hey BonoMan - someone's here to see you."

"You BonoMan?"

"... Yeah"

Hands me papers.

"You've been served. Good luck with that."

My stomach did quite the flip.

Trying to formulate the appropriate North Korean response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Reik posted:

Make sure your response includes you photoshopped over Kim-Jong Un as "Glorious Commissioner"

What alternative are they suggesting besides highest projected points? Just leave the lineup however it was when the owner quit paying attention?

Ha! I'm definitely doing that. Trying to change all of their team pics to headshots of Kim Jong-Un's military advisers but ESPN won't let me. Boooo.

And yeah their desire is to have all of the bye slots remain empty.

wattershed posted:

I've always known it as the "Weekend At Bernie's" Rule. If they were still playing, they'd be putting their best lineup in there each week, so once they're gone that shouldn't change.

Exactly. I tried to say tell them it at least creates some baseline of competition. They should consider it playing against the computer in a video game. But noppeeeee... just a 50 email long whinge fest.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sataere posted:

Alright, I just got offered this trade in my big money league and was wondering what you guys think of this trade?

Mariota -- $34
Reed -- $1

for

Marshawn Lynch -- $46

These contracts will be going up 10% next year, so Lynch will cost me $51 next year. He is clearly on the decline, but if I am trying to win this year, does it help me? Mariota is actually a luxury for me, as I have Derek Carr for $3 and Andrew Luck for $26. I already have Eifert and Ebron at TE for $1 each, so Reed isn't a priority player for me either.

Lynch would be replacing Hill/K. Williams in my starting lineup going forward the rest of the year.

Running backs are at a premium in this league, and even holding this contract for next year, I would have $100 cap space to get players with my full roster and most of my bench already covered.

Lynch could help you this year, yes. But he's injury prone and on the decline as you said.

However if Mariota and Reed are merely luxuries to you then there's no way you don't take the deal.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vargo posted:

So is Marshawn playing or not?

Yes.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vargo posted:

Last minute call: 0 PPR, FLEX: Kamar Aiken or Crockett Gillmore?

Aiken. But my advice is terrible, just an FYI.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Wow... Dammit Lynch... Glad I got Rawls tho

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Benne posted:

I hope you guys followed this sage advice

Goddamn glad I did. The past few weeks as I've struggled to find a WR I kept contemplating dropping him. So glad I didn't.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Of course I dropped Lacy to keep folks from getting Rawls. Of course this is when he turns the season around.

Eddie Lacy? Cuz... what?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VietCampo posted:

Should i be picking up Shaun Draughn in a full PPR league?

If he's on the waivers I would. He's basically RB2 material in an RB1 position. Not gonna kill it every week, but he's getting touches and is a great person to have on your bench.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spoeank posted:

Real :smug: is if you blew out your opponent without those three guys...

And you have two more going tonight :getin:

I've already doubled my opponents points (she's done) with Rawls and Cam... and I still have Gronk to play.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Seriously. Rawls is in goddamn RB0 mode right now.

Also I'm struggling for receivers in a 16 team league.

Tyler Lockett or VJax?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I had Rawls has the handcuff for quite a while because I knew Lynch was a little injury prone. Also ESPN basically said "you're an idiot if you don't have Rawls." I'm surprised he was still on so many benches.

Anyway is it even worth keeping Lynch around in non-keeper leagues? Even if he comes back during the playoffs (FF playoffs) I feel like he's too much of a gamble at this point. I'd love to use that slot to try to find the Next Big Thing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RVProfootballer posted:

Same, but about Danny Woodhead

I would not read much into Woodhead's last game. It's pretty anomalous in the scope of the season.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm feelin' like JJ Nelson is gonna be a sleeper hit the next few weeks.

edit: That's based on my almost reliably terrible hunches. So dear god do NOT follow my advice.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VietCampo posted:

Would you guys start Hoyer over Brady or Cam? or both?

Cam is loving hot right now. I can't imagine starting anybody over him.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm in the lovely position of actually being first overall (second in PF) but... my team just kind of limped into that position. Everyone else is having a killer back half of the season and I basically will fall in the second round (first round bye)

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

supersteve posted:

Need 23 in full PPR from Lamar Miller tonight to stay alive.

:birddrugs:

I feel sorry for anybody that ever needs anything from Lamar Miller :(. I'm in the same boat next weekend.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Well I didn't get D. Rob because being first in a "reverse order" Waiver league basically means I never get who I want... however the team going up against the leading scorer in the playoffs did so I guess that's the next best thing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
When do injury reports come out? I need to know what da gently caress is up with Lamar Miller

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MacheteZombie posted:

My dynasty team has too many TE's.

.5 ppr

Julius vs Atl
Kelce @Bal
ASJ @Stl
Zach Miller @Min

Which one is the best play?

I like MIller

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sweeper posted:

Too soon for any of the RBs outside of Robinson. I picked up both Panthers and cmike to stop others from using them against me though :v:

I did the same :getin:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Did NOT realize McFadden had a saturday game and I left him in my flex slot. Which ended up fine for scoring, but I wanted to move Miller into my flex spot for more flexibility of a replacement as I'm kinda woozy on Miller at the moment.

So as it stands now I can only replace him with Draughn (I have C Mike and but C A-P, but I'm not taking that chance at all). Is that even something I should remotely consider? Or just play the player rank. I hesitate to say "don't sit your studs" since CLEARLY Miami doesn't understand how good Miller is.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Standard scoring. Pick two:

Adrian Peterson (Chi)
Lamar Miller (@SD)

Latavius Murray (GB)
DeAngelo Williams (Den)
Tim Hightower (Det)

It's an 8 team league, hence the hilarious roster.

I'm going to be the outlier here and say Hightower over Miller. I'm nervous about Miller's ankle and the Dolphin's ludicrous playcalling. I'm having to play both of them though so it's easier for me to say.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BonoMan posted:

I'm going to be the outlier here and say Hightower over Miller. I'm nervous about Miller's ankle and the Dolphin's ludicrous playcalling. I'm having to play both of them though so it's easier for me to say.

B4TBG I HOPE YOU LISTENED TO ME!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Honestly OBJ deserves more than 1 game for that hit. That was some dirty dirty poo poo.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

LmaoTheKid posted:

Norman deserves a fine for all the crying he's been doing for the last 12 hours.

obj owner spotted

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The Aguamoose posted:

I'm knocked out of one playoff, through in another, and in my 3rd and most important need 28 from Hightower and Megatron. Unlikely but possible enough that I've been tense all day...

That's totally plausible.

Like, not even a stretch really.

Which means it won't happen because fantasy football. Sorry for your loss :(.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Torn MCL for Shady

And a torn ACL for the honey badger for you IDPers.

This entire goddamned season is a dumpster fire. Can we just cancel it, give everyone their money back and just all go home?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Franks Happy Place posted:

Apparently he is indeed appealing but they're going to do an expedited hearing so it will be decided before Week 16.

If I had to guess I'd say they uphold the suspension. :doh:

If they don't uphold the suspension I'll be shocked. I mean he went head to head after a defenseless player AFTER the play was over.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RCarr posted:

I'm a Giants fan and I lost a lot of respect for ODB. He absolutely deserves the suspension. He could have ended Norman's career with that hit. Both players were acting equally childish up to that point, but he completely lost control there, and you just can't do that. It was an absolutely shameful display. Honestly I'm surprised Coughlin didn't bench him.

Coaches are capitulating weaklings when it comes to star players.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm commishing a week 17 playoff team... by loving accident.

We had so many teams this year I didn't realize the playoff bracket had so many first round byes putting us into week 17 and by the time I realized it - it was too late. Blargh.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Popero posted:

Season over might just mean more unleashing the dragon!

Yeah these guys are playing for all sorts of individual contract incentives as well as, ya know, trying to keep their job so they never really let up if their season is over (for the most part).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Holy poo poo what happened to your team? Are you a McCoy/OBJ/Ingram owner or something?

Seriously.. C-AP as your RB1? Sorry dude :(

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Yuzenn posted:

I'm hesitant about Hightower, especially if Brees isn't playing because I can just see a ton of 3 and outs and not many opportunities.

See I'm going the opposite. No Brees means a less stable pass attack and more reliance on a ground game.

Also my RB sitch is this:

Hightower
McFadden
Woodhead

Artis-Payne
CMike
Donald Brown
Lamar Miller

CMike and D Brown are definitely not starting.

Miller just has me way too nervous with the Dolphins coaching combined with a Quad injury.

Only possible switchout I'd see is C-AP going in for either Woodhead (not likely) or Hightower (could be fairly equal). Thoughts?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm sitting Lamar Miller in my semis. Sorry dude. Sore quad and ankle plus lovely playcalling equals me not playing him.

I'm rolling with Woodhead who already got a solid 10 and:

McFadden
Hightower

Artis-Payne

Any reason to roll with C-AP over Hightower or DMC? Cam is my QB.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone tell me if I should start Rashad Jennings or Mike Gillislee in half PPR and gently caress fantasy football for making me worry about this poo poo.

Leaning Jennings for the following reasons:

A) I also have Stefon Diggs and can swap him out if there's a surprise with AP.
B) Jennings looks to be the lead back.
C) gently caress man I don't know I hate this poo poo.

Just go Gillislee/Xort. gently caress it all.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
loving week 17.

Anyway apparently the Panthers loss means they don't have home field locked up for the playoffs? So I'm guessing that means Cam will play!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So if you guys can just stick around til next week to help us poor week 17-ers that'd be great! Thankssss

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I literally don't understand what you're even talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Woodhead, L. Miller or Cameron Artis-Payne?

Normally I'd play Miller or Woodhead over C-AP. But with Whitaker out C-AP looks to get a bigger workload PLUS I don't like Woodhead (@Denver) or Miller (@NE) matchups.

And defense. Redskins @ Dallas or Colts @ Tennessee. I have the Redskins in now... figure that one might be a coin flip.

• Locked thread