Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

My bolts leveled up and got Silk Touch randomly put on them.

Can we just stop using Iguana Tweaks forever? Can that happen? Please?

Does it...do something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

Okay, but you're dodging the point. You understand what I mean, right? Iguana Tweaks can wreck your planned upgrades for a tool by giving it something you don't want that shuts out the possibility of manually adding other stuff, like missing out on sharpness because you have bane of anthropods. Or putting something that actually makes combat harder for you, like fire aspect.
And it still doesn't address the fact you have to dig an obscene amount just to get up to basic modifiers you would have been able to start with.

The damage stuff definitely stacks, at least in OMP-i. By the time my swords are done they tend to have bane and smite on them for "free", and then I use the remaining slots to max out quartz, lapis, etc.

I think you can also config what stuff can be a level up modifier?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance we'll have a server download for OMP-i 2.5.0 soon, or at least an update to the changelog that covers the past few updates?

edit: well never mind I suppose, my server admin went ahead and got us updated anyway. I see Twilight Forest is gone and Mekanism is in, interesting.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 11, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Use warp books guys, really. They're great.

RF Tools teleporting is pretty OK too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mzbundifund posted:

The worst thing the FTB launcher ever did was force your modpack to get approved before it would run on it.

I'm pretty sure they have done legitimately far worse and shadier things in the past, haven't they?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

The launcher itself, no.

Aren't they in bed with Curse now? So maybe the worst is yet to come.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing i don't like about new AE (in OMP-i anyway) is that there is no longer a big box full of recipes to autocraft and you instead have to make lots of crafting machines with a bunch of interfaces if you want that functionality.

Thank gently caress for NEI shift+? I suppose.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but you still end up with just lots of interfaces for just a few patterns each. I liked in the old version how you could dedicate a page to having every recipe from a mod, or like all the different color variant lights from project red, for example.

Obviously AE2 is more geared towards lots of small networks/subnetworks instead of one big one. I certainly wouldn't complain if Extra Cells or something added in a "pattern storage" super-interface or something.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the tips, I'll give em a shot next time I actually have the free time to play.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I've gotten plenty of swords in OMP-i with bane, smite, and sharpness. And beheading and looting. :getin:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dartcraft had really useful backpacks.

My woman likes the bee stuff, I kinda like the tree stuff. You can end up with a giant orchard of different funky trees and get insane decoration options.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Falcon2001 posted:

Something like this, but for liquids, has been a big winner idea for me for a while.

Pressure Pipes mod has something like that if I am reading your concept correctly. Maybe one of those backpack mods does too, I am not sure.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

KingLemming posted:

Well you transfer energy from something like an Energy Cell that is in your inventory.

Alternatively, you'd extract energy from a block and put it into the Energy Cell.

For both tools, there's a mode change key.

Please tell me the energy tool looks like :science:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

The youtube personality mobs are dumb and bad and you should just disable them in the Headcrumbs config.

No they are hilarious because you get to murder them and decorate your house with the heads of fallen youtube celebrities. And if you have morph installed too...you can kill them and become them. A good lesson for all those kids currently being raised by a combination of minecraft and youtube!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

blightfall is hard

i can't find enough gold to make a thaumometer :smithfrog:

(aluminium brass worked well for making casts)

Played some number of hours yesterday and have yet to find any aluminum, gold, or copper.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Before I even try to attempt it, is pink slime realistically obtainable in Blightfall? Pink Slime crossbows fuckin own and would probably make dealing with taint creatures much simpler.

Alternatively I suppose regular or blue slime would be almost as good, any hints there? I did find a few slime parts in a tinker house but nothing useful...can I melt those?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

What do pink slime crossbows do? I've never played at all with the more, uh, exotic TiC materials. If you can't do the pink slime crossbow, definitely try the Bone Bow from Thaumcraft. With the Osmotic Enchanter in Thaumic Tinkerer, you can put any enchants you want on a bow and make it self-repairing with infinite arrows, rapid fire (like 3 charged arrows a second), maxed power, and it'll light things on fire. It's reaaally nice

Basically they fire stupid fast. Level them up all the way and load it with haste and you get a machine gun, it rules. The idea is that slime is best for bow limbs because it's stretchy or whatever, and the stats go green -> blue -> pink as pink requires MFR infrastructure to even get at all.

In previous packs my favorite tinker weapons were pink slime crossbows and (high end material of your choice) shurikens. Auto repair on the bolts + shurikens of course and they refill their own ammo.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any quickly-accessible chests or other inventories in blightfall? Plain old double chests not stacking next to each other is one of those things that gives me fits :v:

(edit) New one apparently I can request a whole big reactor? Dang. Any reason not to do that right now?

for inventory management, check out the storage drawers. for storing lots of one thing, barrels.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Reason posted:

I'll post a couple pics also.

The front of my dome with my house, Thaumcraft tower and chicken coop.

The back. I started doing the Botania stuff on the bottom right over there. I just set up the stuff I found at a couple of the secrets to start getting the mana pool filling up because that poo poo takes forever with dayblooms and I haven't found flowers to make anything else yet.

The inside of the dome is really starting to get crowded. I've also got a few animals I'm keeping inside from the egg bags, two horses, a cat and a sheep. I had a villager but he escaped and became tainted.

I take it you added agricraft? Unless crop sticks are now part of another mod or something?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Edminster posted:

Whoever it was that brought up crossbows as a primary weapon: holy poo poo thank you. I've built a fusewood one and I am DEFINITELY not afraid of the loving POLICE TAINTED poo poo right now!

All I need do now is prep a bunch of food and I'm ready to explore this godforsaken purple continent.

Yeah That was maybe? me. The Fusewood was suggested by someone else and yeah it's pretty great. Not quite a pink slime machinegun but it's getting the job done! And much cheaper to repair too.

I've also managed to get some Sangunite Shurikens which are pretty fun :getin:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The Cooking book II says it needs itself to craft, how the hell am I supposed to get it?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Moss balls are pretty drat important for shurikens and crossbow bolts. Thankfully later materials start giving good numbers of shurikens but bolts are always a bit short in my opinion, with moss balls they are basically infinite unless you get into a huge battle.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Have some inspiration for anyone working that thaumcraft grind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoUFWdyJyDk

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Reason posted:

The coolest mod ever would be a Tinkers Construct/Thaumcraft Mod that lets you use tool stations to interchange wand parts so I could upgrade my old wands to better wands.

i wish tinker's would steal the upgrades from dartcraft, those ruled.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

If I have just one pure daisy, can I make floral fertilizer from it? The impression I got from the guide that 1 flower becomes 2 petals becomes 2 floral powder, but I need 4 floral powder.

I just went for this first http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Jaded_Amaranthus

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
What's the best "warp home" kinda deal in Blightfall? Preferably something that lets you warp back to where you were, too, but just back home would be already helpful.

I guess there's always the suicide express, but I don't have a reputation farm set up yet so I'd prefer to not rely on that.

edit: VVVVV MPS owns a lot and has many things going on in it that other mods could stand to learn from. Like how does no one else do anything similar the tool selection for the power glove? Rad as gently caress. Of course, you should do what you want and not what random internet people tell you to!

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 26, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Clairetic posted:

Yay!

Well.

It should be entirely usable now.

Things that have been dropped:
-Anything UE-related
-half the IC2 support added by that one wonderful person (those features will still work through RF)
-slick-util/custom font thingy (it wasn't important anyway and with non-english localizations it gets to be more work than it's worth)

Things that don't yet work correctly but I still intend to fix:
-Sounds
-Shaders

Things that need doing for polish reasons:
-'Chisel' tool module (relatively trivial, doesn't require any interfaces, just a different harvest type - at least, that's what I'm told)
-More localization
-Configurable module costs
-IC2 radiation shielding
-Energy cache to reduce tick lag on highly populated servers
-JSON shapeless recipes (should I even bother? seems everyone is using Minetweaker these days)
-non-vanilla recipes that take into account the current state of progression in Thermal Expansion, IC2, Gregtech, etc.

Things that were fixed by other people that I only just yesterday pulled in (and patched up for interface stripping so they work when their mods aren't installed):
-Forestry support
-IC2 support

Things that I have fixed so far (I think) in my latest adderall-induced state of semi-competence:
-Brought Forge and NEI versions forward since they were conflicting with some stuff
-Powersuit items now flag as unbreakable; if they are still breaking then it's hopefully not my fault
-Powersuit Helmet now has its Optional Interfaces encapsulated in an InterfaceList, so hopefully any mods that depend on reflecting annotations will no longer die on it (Apparently OpenBlocks was having that issue?)
-Powersuit no longer shows a white cloth armor model when invisible
-Blocking and Smart Moving animate correctly
-Numina crashing on loading recipe files in an obfuscated environment

Korynkai's/QMX edits have been a great reference but I really can't pull them in indiscriminately. I wish contributors would make small, incisive pull requests addressing individual issues instead of mega dumps with unhelpful comments that ignore my design philosophy and make a lot of changes that don't affect functionality :( I was just as bad when I was just starting out but now that I know better, everyone else should too!

You are awesome, your mod is awesome, I look forward to the awesome future.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So I found a mod interaction in Blightfall that I am thinking was not thought of during testing...

Here's how this goes. I used a safari net to capture a tainted villager, which is a custom NPC. I used the MFR auto-spawner in non-exact mode to spawn one from it. I ended up with a steve NPC that just stands there and talks to you if you click him. He has a decent amount of health and comes back to life if killed, so I dunno how to get rid of him. However, he becomes useful!

Blood magic of course at least early on requires you to hurt yourself for the LP which means you need some method of regen to really do anything that way. Well, amordrine swords steal HP, and here you have this big bag of hearts steve NPC. So hurt yourself for LP, when stab him to get your hearts back, repeat. Using this method I did the entire Blood Magic quest line in like maybe an hour without ever using anything but the self-sacrifice knife and orbs. Having extra heart containers helps, of course.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I used to used DDs so drat much. I'd just have a small building in the overworld with a door that let to a hub dimension of more doors, or a base inside a door dimension, or just doors in a base leading to specialized automation dimensions etc. poo poo ruled.

Rifts were not cool though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sorus posted:

I thought he meant the black particle effects that ate the world around them and spawned more rifts.

Yeah, those. They'd gently caress up the area around them and cause total Enderman invasions. And sometimes they seemed to just show up naturally over oceans and stuff.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
An important Ticon Armor thing to know is to make a glove and load it with your spare redstone, it will make all your tool swings be faster.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Wolfsbane posted:

As far as I know, dense and fancy don't do anything. One use for slimy is to turn blue slime into green slime, which is hard to do any other way.

MFR Unifier should do this just fine, I think?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Can somebody share the magic of storage drawers? I'm not sure I get it. Is it really that much faster to click on icons of your items in the world rather than rummage chests? Is the drawer controller just an importing device? What was this I heard about eventually connecting an AE2 storage bus to it?

This might give you an idea

Basically just right click the arrow looking block in the center and all the items stored on that wall would be instantly pulled from your inventory. Makes coming back from a mining trip easy.

I wish it had an option to store Metallurgy metals as dusts instead of nuggets, but I guess ~balance~

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thaumcraft 2 was the good Thaumcraft :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Still waiting for scifi metals!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I keep hoping the stars will align in such a way that someone could make a modpack with a decent stargate and all the decent dimension mods but they pretty much never all exist at the same time version-wise so oh well.

Like it would be cool to have one with Atum, Erebus, Twilight Forest, Tropicraft, etc along with mekanism, RFTools, Stargates, and something that adds a bunch of military weapons.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Mass Suicide on Gregtech Island

Server name found

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I found a minecraft skin of Reginald P Linux today so I linked it to Lowtax on Steam.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Nah, keep him in that ball and make an auto spawner and a grinder and use him to clone and murder infinite endermen. Get mob essence by making a cursed earth darkroom!

Or you could clone them directly into the smeltery, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Well for the mob essence part, instead of cursed earth you could also just move a normal spawner, build the rig around an existing one, or probably do something with animal breeding or normal vanilla mob producing dark rooms / villager rigs.