Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any item out there that will automatically compress items in a chest? Like ingots into blocks, that sort of thing? Preferably one with some kind of configuration?

I feel like dartcraft or something had that ages ago but I can't think of anything that does it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

if you have storage drawers you can make compacting drawers that automatically do that, but that's more of a side thing to what you're asking

yeah, those are great for storing metals and stuff, but i want something to keep automatically filling inventories from machines from filling up.

unrelated, i made a decent fluxomagnet, and can wear it as a bauble, but if i do it attracts items to....nowhere? and they stop existing! good poo poo. works fine in my inventory.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm probably going to go with an RFTools crafter and a conduit that feeds the crafter and then puts them back into the source crate. Just wish there was an in-inventory way of doing it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There's a mod called simple storage network that basically is like older AE but you can just hook it up to a bunch of actually additions crates and have a shitload of storage in no time. I'm using that to store all the bullshit my mob farm drops now, pretty nice. Routing all the enchanted books to Dischantment Generator to power the whole thing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
TC2 was the best version and I completely disregard the mod entirely now and can't believe people haven't just gotten sick of it. I usually set up a void bag or something for all it's common drops and ignore the poo poo out of it these days.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Eox posted:

I remember at the tail end of Sigma I was a demigod charging between extremely lucrative battle towers on my golden chocobo and I have spent years trying to recapture that experience.

I'm getting there in MC Eternal. It takes some serious damage to even hurt me at all, and I've got like 6 blue hearts? Mostly from eating foods. I caught a hippocampus in a mob ball so I'm gonna try and train that into a flying mount next.

The most reliable thing to hurt me is the live wires coming off the alternator powering the base :science:

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 5, 2020

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SugarAddict posted:

There isn't a hard limit on how many hearts you can get by eating different foods. I have mine set on like 180 or something and is adjustable in the config but it's a bit annoying to do so, I need to extend it. I have dark pink hearts or something so I have 80+ hearts I think?

Edit: You WILL NEED ALL THOSE HEARTS. The underdark mobs hit for 4x damage or something, and there are ALOT of bosses that can instagib you for 20 hearts of damage or something silly.

Our current setting is at 26 total hearts gained via food, I do wish it would go higher, yeah. Might bug the server owner to bump it up. Any advice on that?

Patware posted:

I keep seeing MC Eternal come up but I don't think I've seen anyone say what its gimmick is. Is it just a new big pack or does it have something cool going on?

kitchen sink-ish plus a lot of quests, and a store you can buy items from with tokens received from said quests. some things have changed recipes that kind of suck (modular power suits is kind of awful in ver 1.3.3 maybe it's better in the newer versions, dunno). there's other changes like having certain ores only appearing in certain dimensions, and the twilight forest seems to spawn dragons more often?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The IE Turbine kicks rear end though. Insert a little steam get shitloads of power!!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Also looks cool and has DANGEROUS LIVE WIRES

https://streamable.com/et39oe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So what do I do with all the RF now? Draconic Evolution?

quantum quarry!