Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
So, any else encounter something weird with Factorization? Because uh :stare:

I found this thing in a RFTools generated world. It was a completely immobile structure until I broke a block on it, then it started moving around.
Its name was constantly distorting, and the mined away blocks were "Colossal" blocks.
It fell apart after I broke all of the broken blocks on its body, and gave me logic matrix's and a programmer after it finally collapsed.
EDIT
The modpack I was using was Modderation: Permabanned Edition

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Huh, that's somewhat useful, but also pretty loving cool. I haven't used factorization too much, maybe I should.
Is there any other cool stuff like this added in to other mods?

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Is there a way to complete a quest in Material Energy^4 if you're missing the requirements, or failing that, get another copy of a spatial map? I inadvertently blew up the skystone chest that was buried in the Reds map. I couldn't find it at first, only finding a massive pile of silverfish stone. I thought the solution was make some explosives to dig through the stone, but I used too much and blew up the skystone chest with the wool in it. Without the wool that was in the chest, I can't progress any farther.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Oh, that worked perfectly. Thank you!

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I've been playing Moderation: Permabanned for awhile, but I've run into a problem. I can't reload the world I've been playing on for the last 2 weeks, it just crashes the game the moment it seems to load. The generated crash report is here.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 14, 2015

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

That helped out! It wasn't actually EE itself, but another mod I added, Equivilant Energestics, and removing it allowed me to resume my game. The crashes may have been due to the large number of autocrafting options the mod gives to AE networks.

Thanks for the help!

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

What's the best way of transporting power in Tekkit Legends? I found one way of doing it, but I'm not sure if jury rigging engineer's toolbox sockets as wires is the best solution.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

So I've been trying to play the Grimdark pack on the curse launcher, but I keep running into bad FPS lag in game. I know I can run other 1.10 modpacks like All The Mods, but I've got no clue why Grimdark is getting as bad as a quarter of second of movement every few seconds. Is there a mod or tool that lets me figure out what is causing these issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

frenzy posted:

Turning off mipmaps might fix it?

McFrugal posted:

Someone had the same problem and turned off mipmaps, which fixed it.

Edit: wtf I posted BEFORE frenzy, why is my post after his?!

I did turn off mipmaps, it helped somewhat at start, but after playing for a bit, the lag kept getting worse.

Khorne posted:

How much RAM is available to the pack? Lots of 1.10 packs don't work well with <6gb.

I gave it 5gb using the launcher, I can't give it anymore since my computer only has 8gb of RAM.